PDA

View Full Version : Heretic of the Faith

Wonton64
2020-03-13, 12:26 PM
I just learned of this feat thanks to one of the Iron Chef entries in the most recent contest and I love the possibilities it opens up. So, outside of the obvious, and less than useful, options of Good/Evil and Law/Chaos domains, what gods and (heretical) domains can you think of that work canonically and are powerful options?

noce
2020-03-13, 01:07 PM
Once I used the feat to theorycraft a FrostFire Cleric.

I went Cleric Winterhaunt of Iborighu and used the feat to add Fire domain to Iborighu.
The rest of the feats were Divine Metamagic applied to Energy Admixture, in order to cast Cold+Fire spells.

It is a very flavourful build, but very hard to pull off due to high number of feats needed.

Arael666
2020-03-13, 01:09 PM
Once I used the feat to theorycraft a FrostFire Cleric.

I went Cleric Winterhaunt of Iborighu and used the feat to add Fire domain to Iborighu.
The rest of the feats were Divine Metamagic applied to Energy Admixture, in order to cast Cold+Fire spells.

It is a very flavourful build, but very hard to pull off due to high number of feats needed.

that is an amazing concept for a character, would you share the build with us please?

noce
2020-03-13, 01:28 PM
that is an amazing concept for a character, would you share the build with us please?

Sure.

As I said, it's pretty feat starved, and cannot do its trick effectively until level 12 (unfortunately, energy sub requires K arcana 5 and thus cannot be taken at 1st level).
Three feats as PrC prerequisites don't help in that department.
Also, both Cold and Fire domains are lackluster.
On top of that, Fire domain and Heretic of the Faith aren't really necessary to the flavor, since Energy Substitution (Fire) and Cold domain are just enough to do the same trick.
These are the reasons why this build remained a theorycraft build.

cleric 4 / dread necromancer 1 / winterhaunt of iborighu 10 / x 5
cold and fire domains
middle aged silverbrow human (for the cleric ACF in order to have two pools)
12 10 14 12 18 14 (37pt buy)
2 flaws

feats:
1. piercing cold, extra turning, chosen of iborighu, heretic of the faith
3. craft wondrous item
6. energy substitution (fire)
9. energy admixture
12. divine metamagic (energy admixture)
15. ?
18. ?

liquidformat
2020-03-15, 01:16 PM
Sure.

As I said, it's pretty feat starved, and cannot do its trick effectively until level 12 (unfortunately, energy sub requires K arcana 5 and thus cannot be taken at 1st level).
Three feats as PrC prerequisites don't help in that department.
Also, both Cold and Fire domains are lackluster.
On top of that, Fire domain and Heretic of the Faith aren't really necessary to the flavor, since Energy Substitution (Fire) and Cold domain are just enough to do the same trick.
These are the reasons why this build remained a theorycraft build.

cleric 4 / dread necromancer 1 / winterhaunt of iborighu 10 / x 5
cold and fire domains
middle aged silverbrow human (for the cleric ACF in order to have two pools)
12 10 14 12 18 14 (37pt buy)
2 flaws

feats:
1. piercing cold, extra turning, chosen of iborighu, heretic of the faith
3. craft wondrous item
6. energy substitution (fire)
9. energy admixture
12. divine metamagic (energy admixture)
15. ?
18. ?
Cool build I have seen a similar one done with walker in the waste and winterhaunt of iborighu combined.

Another fun and questionably canon idea is worshiping Pelor the Burning Hate! It is a classic that theorizes Pelor is actually an evil spiteful god pretending to be good. could actually be a fun campaign centered around it!