PDA

View Full Version : Githyanki invasion!

Idea Man
2007-10-23, 12:15 AM
Anybody remember the Dragon magazine with the Githyanki invasion in it? If you ran it, and how successful was the campaign? If you played, what was the most memorable part of the campaign?

Oh, and if you're running in that campaign right now, stop reading. Wouldn't want to give away the goodies. :smalltongue:

Yeah, like that will stop anybody. :smallamused:

Suzaku
2007-10-23, 12:22 AM
If you played, what was the most memorable part of the campaign?

Rocks fell everyone died after two new players were blatant power gamers and one tried to even make pun pun, and the other tried to make hulking hurler (sp?) etc.

Icewalker
2007-10-23, 12:50 AM
Well, I don't know anything about that specific adventure, but the Githyanki are awesome, and I plan to work them into my campaign world. Hell, it's sea-based so I'm gonna have my own ship-to-ship combat system.

Karma Guard
2007-10-23, 01:03 AM
DID SOMEONE SAY GITHYANKI? :V

I have that issue, and it looks pretty good on the surface. It details the basic way githyanki fight and how they view war (and therefore, how to fight them). It has the basics for their ships and how they work, and some adventures/hooks from low to high levels. It also details out some encounters, and gives ideas for more.

It also has feats for stopping DDooring and other things githyanki can do.

Anyway, I've never played it, but it's a neat little issue. Giths, both kinds, are incredibly fun to run and play; I have a Githyanki paladin and he's my favorite character for sure.

Dullyanna
2007-10-23, 07:32 AM
I wish I had those kind of issues:smalltongue: . Anyway, I have to say I have a thing giths, bladelings, and spikers. I've got a few concepts lurking around my head, but I've never had the chance to try any of them out. The LA adjustment for giths kind of turns me off, though. I'm not sure, but bladelings most likely have a fairly hefty one, too.

Karma Guard
2007-10-24, 08:54 PM
I wish I had those kind of issues:smalltongue: . Anyway, I have to say I have a thing giths, bladelings, and spikers. I've got a few concepts lurking around my head, but I've never had the chance to try any of them out. The LA adjustment for giths kind of turns me off, though. I'm not sure, but bladelings most likely have a fairly hefty one, too.

This is where LA buyoff is the best thing ever. I use it m'self.

http://srd.pbemnexus.com/unearthedRaces.html

Dullyanna
2007-10-25, 06:48 AM
This is where LA buyoff is the best thing ever. I use it m'self.

http://srd.pbemnexus.com/unearthedRaces.html

Yaeh, I love it too. But some people don't, and thus don't allow it in their games. From what I can tell, it's easier to get a DM to allow it if you're using a +1 race.