PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Foul-Tempered Land Squid Race PEACH

Aniikinis
2020-03-15, 02:51 PM
Please PEACH because this race is just plain stupid.

Mountain Mud Squid
https://media.cdn.adultswim.com/uploads/20190821/thumbnails/2_198211231226-squidbillies_ep1004_001_PricelessRelic_Sneak.jpg
"Badmouthed, worthless drunks. Any town would find it worthy to get rid of them" - Vect, Human Ranger on the Mud Squids

Mountain Mud Squids, also called Mudders or simply just Squids, are small squid-like creatures with a typically horrible termperment and mouth to match. They can perform all the same actions and functions as other races, though it's much harder to get them to do it in the first place. They more closely resemble octopi than squids due to their head shape and mantle, but that's really where the similarities end. They have a squat body with a rounded head, a human-like mouth with a beak instead of teeth (typically cracked and looking like missing teeth due to mistreatment), 9 tentacles, and two human-like eyes set at the front of the face

Mountain Mud Squid
Mountain Mud Squid characters possess the following racial traits:

+4 Dex, +4 Con, -2 Str, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha(-4 App)
Small Aberration (Animal, Humanoid)
Speed: 30 ft., Climb 25 ft.
Special Attacks: Ink
Special Qualities: Bad Temper, Improved Grab, Stability, Tentacles, Tough body
Automatic Languages: Common, Mudder Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Rogue
Level adjustment: TBD

Bad Temper (Ex): Squids take a -6 penalty to resist the negative emotional effects (Rage, Fear, etc.) and must make a DC 10 will save to be effected by positive emotional effects (Calm Emotions, Good Hope, etc.). Additionally, once per day they can enter a rage as a barbarian of their level. This rage is in addition to any uses granted by class levels or other means.

Ink (Ex): Squids have a ink sac that they can use to squirt ink with. This is a ranged touch attack with a range of 10 ft. that causes blindness until the effected creature takes a move action to wipe it from their eyes. This ability can only be used once an hour.

Stability (Ex): A squid gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).

Tentacles (Ex): Squids have 9 tentacles that they can use, but are limited in how well they can use them in tandem. Squids can only use two tentacles as hands at first, the rest acting as feet, but at level 3 and every 3 levels thereafter they gain the use of an additional tentacle. Upon reaching 3rd level, if the squid has the two-weapon fighting feat they m (Ex)ay choose to automatically switch it out for the multiweapon fighting feat. A squid takes a -2 penalty to attack for each extra tentacle it uses (ex. 2 tentacles = no penalty, 3 tentacles = -2 to attack, 6 tentacles = -8 to attack)

The squid must have at least two free tentacles in order to walk and at least 4 in order to climb or swim. They do not count as quadrupedal creatures when moving with more than 2 limbs.

Tough Body (Ex): Squids have tough, rubbery skin and organs that are used to the mistreatment they cause themselves. They have DR 2/Slashing or Piercing and have a +4 bonus to fortitude checks.

Squid Form: Due to how different their body is to many other creatures, they have different item slots. They have a head, face, torso, back, arm, body, foot, and waist slot. They also have 4 ring slots. They lack a throat and hand slot.

Skills: Squids have a +8 bonus to climb checks and can use dexterity instead of strength.

Subtypes: A squid is treated as both an animal and a humanoid in addition to its' aberration typing for all effects.

Racial Feat
Stretchy Squid
Prerequisites: Mountain Mud Squid, 8 HD, 18 Con
Your flesh is more rubbery than it feels. When under extreme tension your flesh doesn't split, instead it stretches and reacts like rubber. Your racial DR increases by 3, and if you were to be pulled from more than one direction you take no damage. However, while in this state you can't move from the strain and how taut your entire body is. You can be used for things requiring a taut rubber band while affected in this manner (slingshot, bungee cord, etc.), but when released you will snap back forcefully and take 1/4th the damage you would have taken normally.

Debihuman
2020-03-16, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, assessing races for Pathfinder is not my forte. This isn’t in 3.X format. .

Having extra legs should give it Stability and because it is Small is land speed normally 30 ft or 20 ft.?

Debby

Aniikinis
2020-03-17, 04:19 AM
Unfortunately, assessing races for Pathfinder is not my forte. This isn’t in 3.X format.
It's meant to be for 3.5. What do you mean by it's not in 3.x format?

Having extra legs should give it Stability and because it is Small is land speed normally 30 ft or 20 ft.?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I gave it that bit of extra speed due to the extra legs. Without them it would have 20 ft.

Debihuman
2020-03-18, 07:17 PM
Animal and Humanoid aren’t subtypes.

What is -4 app?

Bonuses should be in even numbers.

Aniikinis
2020-03-19, 02:48 PM
Animal and Humanoid aren’t subtypes.
I was treating them less as subtypes and more secondary typings. The reason I had them as subtypes was for quick reference.

What is -4 app?
Appearance is a variant rule for 3.5 that splits physical appearance from charisma. I put that there in case anyone outside of my group uses it.

Bonuses should be in even numbers.

Ahh yeah, will modify.