PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Optimizing A Rainbow WarSnake for all spells

TwistedFaith
2020-03-15, 03:37 PM
Hello I'm looking for a way to take my Rainbow WarSnake AKA Warmage and Rainbow Savant to be even more optimized to be able to cast all Sorc/Wiz spells as well.

Things You should know
I'm currently lvl 16 and we do plan on going into epic
My DM allowed me the full 10 levels spellcasting progression for RS
I know and can cast all cleric spells like a Warmage [including lvl 9 spells]
All 3.0 & 3.5 books are open [from all settings]
Any trickery if it makes sense and is covered by official FAQ/Errata/ect.. is Allowed
anything from Dragon, Dungeon Mag &/or Web has to be approved by DM not allowed]
anything 3rd party has to be approved by DM [mostly allowed]

I'm trying to know and cast all Sorc/Wiz Spells as well and then depending on how far into epic levels we get I would want the same with Druid and Bard spells. Basically I'm trying to make the Ultimate Legal Cheezey Caster

animewatcha
2020-03-15, 04:21 PM
Some methods could depend upon if 'cleric spells' can get access to shapechange somehow.

TwistedFaith
2020-03-15, 04:27 PM
what do you mean?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-03-15, 04:54 PM
Magical Training is a regional feat in PGtF that gives you a spellbook which you've scribe a few Wizard cantrips into, and a few 0-level spell slots to prepare those in.

Rules Compendium, page 160, "Spellcasters who use spellbooks can add new spells to their spellbooks through several methods."

Thus you can add new spells to your spellbook via the methods detailed there (which are pretty much identical to the methods described for a Wizard in the PHB).

For characters who use spellbooks, spells they've made the Spellcraft check to learn are spells that they know. Just one example of RAW stating such is also on Rules Compendium p160, under Borrowed Spellbooks, which refers to such spells as spells they know.

So any effect that references or draws from spells a character knows can also be applied to spells you've made the Spellcraft check to learn or otherwise managed to copy into your spellbook. And you're able to do that just from taking that feat.

The feat Versatile Spellcaster in Races of the Dragon allows a spontaneous spellcaster to spend two spell slots of the same level to cast any spell you know of one level higher. Many will argue that this ability only includes spells from the same class that you spent the spell slots from. However, a Sorcerer/Beguiler can spend a spell slot from each class to activate that feat, at which point what spell list do you pick from? That it specifically says any spell you know of a given level should also include spells you've learned and copied into your spellbook. It would be reasonable to make the character have the spellbook open and read the spell as it's being cast, which would make that less useful in combat, but it's still very doable for utility and pre-combat buffs.

NigelWalmsley
2020-03-15, 05:31 PM
Depending on how your DM rules the relevant interactions, you can use Dragonblood Spell Pact (a spell from Dragons of Faerun that swaps one of your spells know for someone else's) to trade away your Cleric spells, get your levels drained to lose the Rainbow Servant Capstone, then get those levels restored to regain it and get those spells back. You could do something similar with the DCFS trading away a Bloodline feat. Even if those get nixed, simply trading away Cleric spells you don't particularly care about with Dragonblood Spell Pact to get Wizard spells you want should allow you to get all the spells that are worth having.

Khatoblepas
2020-03-15, 07:40 PM
Prestige Paladin + Sword of the Arcane Order + Arcane Preparation will get you a spellbook and the ability to prepare and cast wizard spells from a spellbook, Not all of them spontaneously, but it's a start.

Endarire
2020-03-15, 07:49 PM
Fusion power + a variety of casters + simulacrum?

schreier
2020-03-15, 08:57 PM
Eldritch master 4 can get you access to all sorcerer spells but you lose 4 caster levels (they count towards variable effects though)

Rebel7284
2020-03-16, 12:58 AM
+1 To Eldritch Master. The wording is a little wonky since it's meant for a sorcerer.
Spell Dilettante: At 4th level, the eldritch master can choose one other character class whose spell list she can choose from when selecting new spells that are known to her as she gains levels. At 8th level, she can select a second such class. Once a class has been chosen, it cannot be changed. Even if the character class chosen is divine in nature, the spells count as arcane for the eldritch master. This is a supernatural ability.

There is an argument to be made that Warmage spells are not chosen at level up. There is an alternative argument that you chose all the spells on your class list. Whatever works at your table.

Another idea is 3 levels of Shadowcraft Mage will let you cast almost two complete schools of arcane magic. You can use the cabal of illusionists adaptation to enter without being a Gnome. Takes a couple of feats to work well, but you can probably Limited Wish/Miracle yourself a psychic reformation pretty easily.

Substitute Domain works wonders if you worship one of the few deities that offer ALL domains (I know there is one demon lord somewhere). Takes 10 minutes to cast though. Special mention to Spell Domain (might require Arcane Preparation feat).

gkathellar
2020-03-16, 04:46 AM
There's no good way to do it without losing caster levels, but there is a workaround - dip a level of Contemplative, and grab a domain that grants Shapechange. The SLAs granted by various monsters should cover most material of importance.

Troacctid
2020-03-16, 01:27 PM
You need 10 levels of Rainbow Servant and 7 levels of Mage of the Arcane Order. The two together will get you all cleric and wizard spells. This can be accomplished easily by level 22, or as soon as level 18 if you use an early-entry trick for Rainbow Servant.

schreier
2020-03-16, 07:44 PM
Also depends if you are using text over table or not ... text over table with rainbow servant gives full spellcasting advancement. An FAQ said that the table was the intended spellcasting progression (6/10), but per the actual rules it would be 10/10.

TwistedFaith
2020-03-16, 07:57 PM
You need 10 levels of Rainbow Servant and 7 levels of Mage of the Arcane Order. The two together will get you all cleric and wizard spells. This can be accomplished easily by level 22, or as soon as level 18 if you use an early-entry trick for Rainbow Servant.

I'm currently Warmage 6/Rainbow Servant 10 I didn't use any early entry tricks.

Also depends if you are using text over table or not ... text over table with rainbow servant gives full spellcasting advancement. An FAQ said that the table was the intended spellcasting progression (6/10), but per the actual rules it would be 10/10.

Apparently you didn't fully read my Original Post as I stated that I got FULL SPELLCASTING PROGRESSION I thought that I implied I got the 10/10

Troacctid
2020-03-16, 08:30 PM
I'm currently Warmage 6/Rainbow Servant 10 I didn't use any early entry tricks.
Okay, then head for MotAO as soon as you can. Ideally you planned ahead and already have the prerequisite feats (Cooperative Magic and Arcane Preparation); if not, you can take a detour into Prestige Bard first, which'll get you all the bard spells that aren't already on another list (although it will do weird things to your caster level).