PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Forge of Thautam

RNightstalker
2020-03-16, 09:43 PM
So the idea is to be able to craft without being a spellcaster. Does anyone have any experience using this particular forge and have any tips/points? I imagine since it grants the feat that crafting skills won't have any effect unless houseruled.

Kelb_Panthera
2020-03-16, 10:33 PM
Since you still need access to prerequisite spells, you're gonna need to get magic items to produce the relevant magic unless you have at least one level in artificer.

You might be able to work with your GM to rent minor schema (Magic of Eberron) instead of having to buy wands and scrolls and the like. If you must, buy used wands with as close to the number of charges (same as the number of days to craft) as you can find without going under.

The forge itself doesn't really do much beyond grant feat access.

RNightstalker
2020-03-17, 09:11 PM
Since you still need access to prerequisite spells, you're gonna need to get magic items to produce the relevant magic unless you have at least one level in artificer.
The forge itself doesn't really do much beyond grant feat access.

According to the DMG, other spellcasters can supply the spells if I read it right on p282.

Kelb_Panthera
2020-03-18, 12:36 AM
According to the DMG, other spellcasters can supply the spells if I read it right on p282.

That works if you've got friendly casters willing to take the time. I didn't want to presume.

RNightstalker
2020-03-18, 09:41 PM
That works if you've got friendly casters willing to take the time. I didn't want to presume.

It helps if they're friendly, but there are ways to "encourage" others. It also helps knowing the DM pet for this campaign lol.