PDA

View Full Version : New game (not AL) results

ZorroGames
2020-03-17, 08:09 AM
Despite the COVID-19 suspending so many shop sponsored games, the non-AL shop had a policy of first 50 people get into game room with widely spaced tables ( more on that later.)

There were 3 games. I and a new player joined a group that was role play heavy that night due to the DM, wife, and infant arrived sans dice and NPC miniatures. Good thing I brought my small backup box of over 100 RPG dice!

We started at level 5; we had the new Aasimar Paladin, my Rogue 1/Trickery Cleric 4 Ghostwise Halfling, a PC that was exiting the game (artificer) so his Divination Wizard could do a dramatic return, probably a GOO warlock (?) type, Ale guzzling Dwarf Fighter, and a martial based Bugbear. Nothing outside the norm for adventurers, right?

If the shop keeps the entry limit at 50 instead of 15 there should be more gaming ahead until this virus recedes. “Mr Dramatic” is okay, though the artificer in a rage burned down the storage warehouse with the disease source ale barrels, one of the mini-bosses (warforged) we wanted to question and added tenement fire storm casualties to the current “killer worms in your body” based plague. The disease is returning so the source is still “ out there “ for us to find before we can leave the city per the King’s “request” and report the core group’s previous results to the Adventurer’s Guild.

Used my thieves guild contact during the game twice, went through the spells I had about 80-90% in the 16 upgraded thugs fight the bad guys had in the tenements before the warehouse went up. This is a new group according to my guild contact so the guild may be useful before this is over. We ended with the mini-boss Halfling super rich pimp Maverick in a room with the Paladin trying to pretend to be “interested” so as to isolate him from his four assassin armed bodyguards. I had just cast disguise self (female Gnome) followed by Mirror Image (quadruplet groupies?) and brushed past the guards into the room when they bought the party girls routine. I have a week to work out my plan, unless shutdown tightens.

Stay sane.

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-03-17, 08:54 AM
Despite the COVID-19 suspending so many shop sponsored games, the non-AL shop had a policy of first 50 people get into game room with widely spaced tables ( more on that later.)

There were 3 games. I and a new player joined a group that was role play heavy that night due to the DM, wife, and infant arrived sans dice and NPC miniatures. Good thing I brought my small backup box of over 100 RPG dice!

We started at level 5; we had the new Aasimar Paladin, my Rogue 1/Trickery Cleric 4 Ghostwise Halfling, a PC that was exiting the game (artificer) so his Divination Wizard could do a dramatic return, probably a GOO warlock (?) type, Ale guzzling Dwarf Fighter, and a martial based Bugbear. Nothing outside the norm for adventurers, right?

If the shop keeps the entry limit at 50 instead of 15 there should be more gaming ahead until this virus recedes. “Mr Dramatic” is okay, though the artificer in a rage burned down the storage warehouse with the disease source ale barrels, one of the mini-bosses (warforged) we wanted to question and added tenement fire storm casualties to the current “killer worms in your body” based plague. The disease is returning so the source is still “ out there “ for us to find before we can leave the city per the King’s “request” and report the core group’s previous results to the Adventurer’s Guild.

Used my thieves guild contact during the game twice, went through the spells I had about 80-90% in the 16 upgraded thugs fight the bad guys had in the tenements before the warehouse went up. This is a new group according to my guild contact so the guild may be useful before this is over. We ended with the mini-boss Halfling super rich pimp Maverick in a room with the Paladin trying to pretend to be “interested” so as to isolate him from his four assassin armed bodyguards. I had just cast disguise self (female Gnome) followed by Mirror Image (quadruplet groupies?) and brushed past the guards into the room when they bought the party girls routine. I have a week to work out my plan, unless shutdown tightens.

Stay sane.

Seems interesting. Look at whats happening elsewhere in the world to see the high/low of what may happen in your area.

For keeping your promising game going, I'd get the numbers of everyone in the group and try to find someone's home if push came to it. Maybe the first week it will seem an inconvienance. After 2 weeks of looking at the wall folks will (unfortunately?) find a way to meet up on the way home from an essential trip to the grocery store.

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-03-17, 09:02 AM

Stay sane.

Seems interesting. Look at whats happening elsewhere in the world to see the high/low of what may happen in your area.

For keeping your promising game going, I'd get the numbers of everyone in the group and try to find someone's home if push came to it. Maybe the first week it will seem an inconvienance. After 2 weeks of looking at the wall folks will (unfortunately?) find a way to meet up on the way home from an essential trip to the grocery store.

ZorroGames
2020-03-17, 09:44 AM

Privacy matters to some. Non-starter for DM and wife.

Advised to join Facebook group. Just no, I left Face Plant for MeWe because of tracking issues.