PDA

View Full Version : The Newest Blood Hunter

AC of 33
2020-03-17, 03:47 PM
So I have a game coming up and I am really looking forward to it.
We're a relatively small group and I think ive settled on a class.

I'd like to play a blood hunter.
I was settled on Ghostslayer but willing to shift.
My issue is the race - torn over a feat to make him more combat viable or a bit more 'healthy' and picking a race for a bit more flavour or interesting backstory.

I really am lost on race for this character right now.
Any advice with reason or direction would be appreciated.

Dork_Forge
2020-03-17, 05:11 PM
How are you handling stats?

jaappleton
2020-03-17, 05:48 PM
You need to decide first:

Melee or ranged? If ranged, you have a bit more leeway with race because Archery Style is so good.

If so, I really recommend Hobgoblin. Never really see them played but they’re incredibly solid.

AC of 33
2020-03-18, 02:39 AM
Definitely have my eye on ranged.
The feat crossbow expert providing most of the argument for going human.
Warforged I like too but it's weighing up the plusses of one versus the other :-/

Galithar
2020-03-18, 03:03 AM
I have one built up (Ghostslayer also) that I hope to play as a High Elf with Green Flame Blade as the racial Cantrip. Also designed to be ranged and taking XBE at level 4 (rolled really good stats to give me 18 Dex and Int after racials to make the feat a no brainier) Will carry a Rapier for whenever I want to use Green-Flame Blade, but that probably won't be often and is really more for flavor as the extra attack with XBE makes using the Cantrip way less valuable.

I would recommend picking up a more utility Cantrip, but it also doesn't look like High Elf is even on your Radar.

My second choice for race would be either V.human or Warforged. If starting at level 1 V.human us more appealing as starting with XBE will be killer at low levels with your Crimson Rite damage added to that second attack.

AC of 33
2020-03-18, 04:52 AM
I am not adverse to a race change.
The warforged could make for a great story/roleplay but the V Human has that feat which could be game changing in early days.

My stats are really good so this doesn't need to be a consideration really.

Ranged and Ghostslayer is my preferred and if i don't go Human i'd have to go for Crossbow Expert at lvl 4 so....

Dork_Forge
2020-03-19, 03:03 AM
I am not adverse to a race change.
The warforged could make for a great story/roleplay but the V Human has that feat which could be game changing in early days.

My stats are really good so this doesn't need to be a consideration really.

Ranged and Ghostslayer is my preferred and if i don't go Human i'd have to go for Crossbow Expert at lvl 4 so....

You may find this helpful in your build considerations. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPDfRF5OUfA)