PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for specific monster

yonah
2020-03-17, 08:27 PM
A long time ago I was playing this campaign and we fought some sort of creature that looked like a crying child, maybe a ghost or something? I'm pretty sure it was an official creature, but I can't remember what it was called so I can't find the stats again. Does anyone have any ideas? It had an attack that permanently lowered WIS (wrecked our cleric) until you could get a high level cleric to fix you. It was in 3.5e I'm pretty sure.

OrbanSirgen
2020-03-17, 09:03 PM
Allip perhaps?

Saintheart
2020-03-18, 12:01 AM
If it was a by-the-book creature, then the closest guess is indeed an Allip. Not many D&D 3.5 monsters do WIS drain as an attack, if that's in fact what it did.

Closest things that look like a crying child in D&D is the Slaymate out of Heroes of Horror, but that does STR and CON damage, not WIS.

PoeticallyPsyco
2020-03-18, 12:08 AM
Pretty sure I was in that campaign, and it was an allip. Nasty little blighters.

Long time no see!

The Viscount
2020-03-18, 04:07 PM
Might have been an Urdark, from Magic of Eberron. Highly similar to an Allip, also capable of dealing drain, and is described as looking like a child.

ShurikVch
2020-03-19, 01:58 PM
Maybe, it was just a child with some template?
Say, Dreamstealer Spawn - from Dungeon #106 - have Wisdom Drain...

Thurbane
2020-03-19, 04:34 PM
Might have been an Urdark, from Magic of Eberron. Highly similar to an Allip, also capable of dealing drain, and is described as looking like a child.

Yep, this is the same one I was going to suggest. MoE p.149.

Palanan
2020-03-19, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by The Viscount
Might have been an Urdark, from Magic of Eberron.

Originally Posted by Thurbane
Yep, this is the same one I was going to suggest. MoE p.149.

That's a great find. Flagged for my next game session.

:smalltongue:

yonah
2020-03-22, 03:29 PM
Pretty sure I was in that campaign, and it was an allip. Nasty little blighters.

Long time no see!

lol hey there, yeah I think allip is what I was trying to remember, thanks everyone
It was a very fun campaign, wish I could've made it work time-wise...