PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 2

TNARICK
2007-10-23, 11:05 AM
As a proud Admin of http://server.war2.ru I would like to welcome you all to come and try us out. We just got done celebrating our 1 year anniversary as a server with a tremendous tournament of top players. With the new year on its way though we will be in need of some good players and good clan mates who can learn and compete at Warcraft 2 for cash prizes.

Some of you have not touched this game in years, and others have probably never touched it at all, but trust me its worth it. We provide a free download that does not require a CD or a CD key to play on our server, and a really fun player base. So if you are interested we would love to have you.. and PLEASE.. try to help spread the word so we can have our next crop of players on the way.

Good day my friends, please reply back with your thoughts because I am interested.

(War2Combat Edition can be downloaded in the area that says DOWNLOADS, and when installing be sure to click the box that says rewrite gateways to be able to play on our server)

Winterwind
2007-10-24, 05:38 AM
You got me curious. How is this legal, though? I never heard Blizzard made this game freely available?

I don't know whether I would participate (I spend enough time with Blizzard RTS's as is), but I'll look into it.

Khosan
2007-10-24, 06:30 AM
I still have my Warcraft2 CDs, actually.

I think it was the first game I ever really played on a computer. Not a clue when I got it though.

Winterwind
2007-10-24, 06:36 AM
I still have my Warcraft2 CDs, actually.

I think it was the first game I ever really played on a computer. Not a clue when I got it though.Keep in mind the original game is not BattleNet-capable, though - the BattleNet edition came out only two or three years later.

I still got my WarCraft II CDs, too, but never got the BattleNet edition.

First game ever? Sheesh, way to make me feel old :smallannoyed: :smallwink: . My first games were some purely ASCII-based games from the early 80ies, some of them older than myself.

(which I, by the way, also still have, and thanks to DosBox, they are even playable :smallbiggrin: )

Khanderas
2007-10-24, 06:52 AM
I think it is perfectly legal to have a Warcraft II server, especially considering Battle.net was not when it first came out.
But I am always weary when someone makes an account, posts a link and is never heard from again.

Winterwind
2007-10-24, 06:55 AM
I think it is perfectly legal to have a Warcraft II server, especially considering Battle.net was not when it first came out.
But I am always weary when someone makes an account, posts a link and is never heard from again.I wasn't so much referring to them having a WC2 server - this is usual even with newer games, and Blizzard never minded that - but to the fact they offer the game itself as a free download on their site.

Khanderas
2007-10-24, 07:02 AM
I wasn't so much referring to them having a WC2 server - this is usual even with newer games, and Blizzard never minded that - but to the fact they offer the game itself as a free download on their site.
Ah. missed that.
Yeah that is problebly not really legal.

Khosan
2007-10-24, 07:05 AM
I did play it online a couple times through some server or another (had Command and Conquer online too). All I really remember is that one time when everyone entered a game cheat codes started flying everywhere. The fog of war flashed on and off, units switched between invulnerability and instant death in nothing flat, everyone's gold, lumber and oil stocks flew through the roof, and all sorts of other crazy crap.

I don't think anyone really won. Since everyone had an army of griffons or dragons within the first five minutes of the game.