PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Monsters

Matuka
2020-03-19, 09:33 AM
I was sure this was a thread already. But since it's not, I'll start one. Please share your homebrew monsters here and let us know just how much you don't like your players. I'll go first.
You see a skeleton standing in the hallway, wearing a mask and holding a lance in its hands. You find it incredibly suspicious, but before you can say anything, the recently made cleric steps up to test out his new powers. He uses channel divinity and presents his holy symbol as he uses it to cast turn undead. As his voice rings out and his holy symbol glows, nothing happens. Then, the skeleton suddenly jerks forward, not lifting his legs or anything. The cleric briefly sees the outline of some sort of cube around the skeleton before being hit by some invisible barrier. He makes his dexterity saving throw as he jumps back, seeing the impression his face left on the smooth surface as it flattens. The skeleton then moves forward, looking as if it's swimming as it stabs the lance forward, hitting the cleric in the chest as he feels the sting of acid on his wound. The lance sinks back in as the party now sees what they are dealing with. A skeleton inside a gelatinous cube, a gelatin skeleton.