PDA

View Full Version : Player Help D&D 3.5 Bardic Music per day help request

samduke
2020-03-19, 11:48 AM
So I know what I want to do with the the character the issue is Bardic Music per Day
at bard 4 I have 4 uses, I need 5 I do not want another level of bard, and I am trying really hard to avoid using a feat (extra music) to gain it if possible, the reason i need 5 is Lyric Thamaturge granted I can not enter this until level 7 near as I know. but I have plans for those 3 levels between bard and Lyric Thamaturge.

So any really good ideas how to gain 1 extra music per day without the feat extra music?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-03-19, 12:12 PM
Take Extra Music, then retrain it to something else once you start taking Lyric Thaumaturge, since the bardic music uses it grants you will help meet its own prerequisite.

samduke
2020-03-19, 12:43 PM
Take Extra Music, then retrain it to something else once you start taking Lyric Thaumaturge, since the bardic music uses it grants you will help meet its own prerequisite.

hrm

Retraining Option: Feat Exchange
You can exchange one of the feats you previously selected for another feat. If the new feat has prerequisites, not only must your character meet them in his current state, but you must also be able to show that he met them at the time you chose the previous feat.

the retraining is straight forward I can meet extra music and the replacement feat requirement at level 3 or 6 easy enough

in order to qualify at level 7 for Lyric Thaumaturge I need level 3 or 6 as extra music,
Bardic Music: You gain one extra daily use of your bardic music ability per lyric thaumaturge level

then at level 9 after already in Lyric Thaumaturge retrain the feat that was required to get in to something else that met requirements at 3rd or 6th..

seems cheesey but i can not see a RAW against it self qualifying at level 9

Thurbane
2020-03-19, 06:49 PM
Can't find it right now, but I believe there is an item, possibly in a FR book, that grants an extra bardic music/day.

Here we go:

Joyous Star Song (5800 GP, Magic of Faerun p. 161). Sing the song on the scroll, and a bard can use his bardic music one additional time per day.

Also:

There's an obscure item in Dragon Magazine 340 called Harpy's Cap. For 3000gp, you get six feathers, each of which can be expended for a Bardic Music use, but it's pretty hard on the wallet.