PDA

View Full Version : Divine Soul /Path of the Grave Inflict Wound build?

Ziegrand
2020-03-19, 04:33 PM
Hello! New person in the forums here! I have been lurking for a while and now I am here to ask you wise ones some advice.

I have a great urge to make a Divine Soul sorcerer with the Evil focus to get me a free Inflict Wounds.

I was thinking to start with 4 levels in Sorcerer and grab My ASI and Distant and Twinned spell for Inflict Wound from range and things like Shield of Fate/Haste at later level.

And then grab some levels on Grave domain for that vulnerability action and full heal dice on downed (And spare the dying bonus action)

For Race im gonna try out the new Wildemount elf race Palid Elf.

Also our DM is giving us a free feat at lvl 1 so I was thinking War Caster?

Im rambling

Any help or info is appreciated!

FirstAgeMagic
2020-03-19, 04:51 PM
Hello!

You weren't rambling :smallsmile:

That's a fun build! I think nerdarchy did a video about it a while ago and it's been on my mind too.

I think you have the right idea to take Sorcerer to 4 before multiclassing to cleric. My one suggestion is to swap one of your metamagic's with quickened spell.

The Grave Cleric's channel divinity is an action, you won't be able to inflict wounds on the same turn so you'll just be giving it to your allies. The Combo is to Channel Divinity and then Quickened Inflict Wounds as your bonus action.

Other than that all the other choices are yours for crunch or flavor! Best of luck!

Ziegrand
2020-03-19, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the input, I'm just worried that I might end up being a one-trick pony. I want to be useful in the group, we have a Artificer, Divination Wizard, and Two Paladins. So I would be the support there also