PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 1e: Help with learning the Share Pain power (Psionics)

Ourian7491
2020-03-19, 07:10 PM
So I am playing a Metaforge (Metaforge 2/Aegis 3/Soulknife 4 (Gifted Blade/Shielded Blade)

I want to learn the Share Pain power, which is a Level 2 power, but the only way i know to learn it is Expanded Knowledge, which would require me to be at least Level 17 since I need to be able to manifest 3rd level powers and I have to be a 11th level Soulknife for that...

But my question is...

Are there other ways to learn Share Pain? I have a Psicrystal as well, if that helps any. (Feats for psicrystals are approved by my DM)

In the world we play, Psionics are a rarity and not many people have the gifts of Psionics, so he would likely have to figure out a way to do it on his own.

any help would be very much appreciated

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-03-19, 07:14 PM
Pay a high level psion to manifest psychic chirurgery (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/p/psychic-chirurgery/)?

Ourian7491
2020-03-19, 07:35 PM
I keep that in mind if I ever find someone with that power... but as of right now, Psionics are considered an ancient form of magic that is EXTREMELY rare in our DM's campaign setting.

So if there is something I can do myself before 17th level, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to wait

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-03-19, 07:50 PM
I keep that in mind if I ever find someone with that power... but as of right now, Psionics are considered an ancient form of magic that is EXTREMELY rare in our DM's campaign setting.

So if there is something I can do myself before 17th level, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to waitAsk your DM if you could research it (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/). Apparently only psions are allowed to, but since you're the only psionic character around (?), maybe he'll allow an exception.

I'd suggest getting your hands on a mantle (from C.Psi), but...

Ourian7491
2020-03-19, 07:59 PM
I mean, researching IS possible... One of my characters became an Artificer because he discovered a gauntlet based around psionic tech. Although he is the only one of his kind.

There are psionic characters, but it isn't an active study in this world so any research would have to be done by our group unless we happen across someone else researching the ruins of ancient civilizations as well.

I was just hoping to kinda surprise him with the whole "Vigor Share Pain" combo you can do with psicrystals. I typically like to try and do my own research to make things happen before going to him because he likes being surprised by the group.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-03-19, 08:07 PM
Purchase a pair of rings of friend shield (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-friend-shield/), with one going on you and one going on your psicrystal? Then just share vigor with it.

Same effect. Just say you're slipping the ring around your psicrystal's middle like a belt.

Ourian7491
2020-03-19, 08:13 PM
i didn't know that existed!

That will definitely work until I can get the actual power! thanks for the info