PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Tempest Cleric Water Genasi or Merflox Emeria Creed

Quiomas
2020-03-20, 06:23 AM
Hey, I just want to say thank you for some of the previous responses to some of my previous thread, it really helped me to decide on the races for my Tempest Cleric.
But I do have a couple other questions:

A. So I'm deciding between to races for backstory reasons and just because they seem like a cool and fun mix for Tempest. Merfolk (Emeria Creed) or Water Genasi. I think that the Water Genasi may be great for the Constitution and tanking. The Charisma stat for the Merfolk is kind of wasted since I wouldn't be the face of the party. But the only reason I'm thinking of going Merflox is for the +2 to Wisdom, whilst Genasi gets +1. I'm thinking of going more spell casting Tempest rather than using weapons, however I will at the beginning.

B: Is there any thing I'm missing out for with the Emeria Creed? I couldn't find much bonuses for them rather then one spell from Druid cantrip and proficiency in two skills I'm not sure will be that useful for our party, considering we have multiple charisma casters. But on the other hand is resistance to acid damage, swimming through water, etc. that useful either?

So opinions, Water Genasi, Merfolk (Emeria Creed), or any other races that may be better?

Edit: I forgot to mention we are using Standard Array for campaign as well so that's important to remember sorry!