PDA

View Full Version : Darksiders Nephilim race for 5e

NinjaLemur247
2020-03-20, 05:44 PM
I tried to make it as balanced and fair as I could. Thoughts and feedback appreciated

Nephilim

Nephilim are an ancient and nearly extinct race born from a union of Angels and Demons engineered by the demoness Lilith when she created the first.

Overview

The physical traits and powers of the Nephilim are quite diverse when compared to other races of the universe, save for their common humanoid shape. This may be owed to their unnatural creation at the hands of Lilith. Though they all retain a humanoid form, the appearance of the Nephilim can be wildly differentiated. Some possess remarkably human appearances aside from their size while others were known to have horns and even wings.

• Ability Score Increase. No two Nephilim are the same: you choose one ability score and add +2 and one ability score and +1

• Age. Functionally immortal. Any attack or ability that ages the target has no effect on you.

• Alignment. Imbued with celestial & demonic power, some Nephilim are good, but some are neutral or even evil.

• Size. Nephilim have the same range of height and weight as humans. Your size is Medium.

• Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

• Darkvision. Blessed with a radiant soul, your vision can easily cut through darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

• Celestial Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

• Gliding Wings: When falling if they choose they may manifest celestial wings that allow them to glide at half their movement speed.

• Keen Senses :You have proficiency in the Perception skill.

• Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Celestial and Infernal.

JNAProductions
2020-03-20, 07:29 PM
Doesn't feel unbalanced.

Does feel incredibly boring, though.

NinjaLemur247
2020-03-21, 09:54 AM
Doesn't feel unbalanced.

Does feel incredibly boring, though.

Sometimes boring is good lol. As long it works mechanically.

Thanks for the feedback!

JNAProductions
2020-03-21, 12:35 PM
Glad you feel that way, but I'd honestly try to do something interesting. I've never played Darksiders, so I couldn't tell you what their defining traits are, but there's gotta be SOMETHING interesting you could do.

Valmark
2020-03-21, 01:02 PM
Glad you feel that way, but I'd honestly try to do something interesting. I've never played Darksiders, so I couldn't tell you what their defining traits are, but there's gotta be SOMETHING interesting you could do.

Well, Nephilims are ridicoulously powerful phisically, easily surpassing the strenght of literally anything else (they got wiped out by 4 traitors put on steroids more or less 'cause nothing else could have stopped them) and they created some of the strongest weapons in existence. Specifically weapons, anything else is never mentioned.

Beyond that, while nephilims don't really have that wing thingie (at least, I recall all characters using other means of glide. Or plumbing horribly to their fate) they do have an other timed form that makes them invincible and deal a ****load of damage.

In terms of 5e, something like aasimar's manifestations would be suitable. Beyond that it's tough- tecnically they would be great at creating magic items but I can't think of how that could be inplemented without being umbalanced.

NinjaLemur247
2020-03-22, 05:11 PM
Well, Nephilims are ridicoulously powerful phisically, easily surpassing the strenght of literally anything else (they got wiped out by 4 traitors put on steroids more or less 'cause nothing else could have stopped them) and they created some of the strongest weapons in existence. Specifically weapons, anything else is never mentioned.

Beyond that, while nephilims don't really have that wing thingie (at least, I recall all characters using other means of glide. Or plumbing horribly to their fate) they do have an other timed form that makes them invincible and deal a ****load of damage.

In terms of 5e, something like aasimar's manifestations would be suitable. Beyond that it's tough- tecnically they would be great at creating magic items but I can't think of how that could be inplemented without being umbalanced.

You are right on point with this I made a bunch of custom magic Item-based of the Darksiders video game but unless you have DM comfortable with high-level stuff I didn't feel like posting them. I simply wanted into the Nephilim race as a starting point for interested in a Darksiders based/themed game.

Razelquin
2020-03-23, 11:59 AM

If they have occasional damage upgrade then give them savage attack instead of the glide. That would fit big and strong better than wings they don't normally have.

magic item creation is int based, whereas weapon forging is str based. Since they're all about heavy hitting, make them +2 str and +1 int. I can't think of anything else with that combo off the top of my head.