PDA

View Full Version : Build concept dnd 3.5

FrostX99
2020-03-20, 11:19 PM
Trying to build a darth Vader....ish character
So far
Warblade 5 levels
Bloodstorm blade 5 levels

I don’t know what level we start at I just always map out every level and feat I’m gonna take as I level up.
Ok I’d like to be able to throw my weapon extremely well and be as effective at that as I am at melee fighting and utilizing maneuvers with thrown and normally it would also be cool if I could get force like powers of my own but not completely needed since I will get access to a item at a later date in game also in game my dm is gonna have me loose my limbs and have a artificer in the party make me new fancy limbs I’d like to wear as heavy armor as possible to emulate his suit as far as class features I’ve looked at a couple of concepts

1.One was using monk and shou dsicple to get flurry of blows with any weapon.

2.Also looked at weapon master Kensie to get improved critical and the ki whilriwnd

3. Exotic weapon master and get stunning fist but usable thru my chosen exotic weapon which is a bastard sword probably gonna make make it large idk for sure though

But currently just Taking blood-storm blade for the fancy weapon throwing gimmick to emulate a saber throw.
Doing maneuvers to offer up fancy fighting styles as well using strikes on weapon throws
Also thinking of the weapon being a
Large mythril bastard sword
With, keen, flaming, shocking, defending, parrying. idk what else only doing returning cause the blood-storm blade feature to make the sword return cost a maneuver so it’s away to limit maneuver burn during combat. My DM is using a magical items known as a rune I think it’s from a video game not sure but he’s gonna make one for me that’s gonna be a force tune and will give me the force or force like powers as a spell like abilities.

jdizzlean
2020-03-20, 11:30 PM
once you get far enough into BSB, it doesn't cost manuevers to have your weapon return, so you don't need the return enchantment

PoeticallyPsyco
2020-03-20, 11:57 PM
Okay, weird idea. Soul Knife is legendarily bad... but in 3.0, Soul Knife was a prestige class that was actually both interesting and good. If your DM allows you to use that (to my mind it's basically the same deal as Prestige Paladin/Prestige Bard/Prestige Ranger being separate classes from Paladin/Bard/Ranger), then Psychic Warrior 4 into Prestige Soul Knife 4-5 or so gives you psychic powers, laser sword, the ability to throw said laser sword and have it return, and the ability to channel psychic powers through the laser sword.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-03-21, 12:17 AM
You can't qualify for Bloodstorm Blade before 5th level, so you can't start taking it until your 6th character level, unless your group has house ruled max skill ranks.

I suggest using Warforged for your race, given that it's probably the closest thing to a cyborg that's playable. Go with Adamantine Body since Vader isn't exactly agile, but use the Quick trait (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#quick) so you're not actually any slower. Since your speed was reduced by taking a feat, and not due to being armored, you can still use skills like Tumble.

Use your weapon two-handed and get Power Attack, you can even throw it two-handed with Bloodstorm Blade 2. Get Armbands of Might, which further improves that. Also get Leap Attack, sort of like a force jump, and learn Battle Leader's Charge.

Gruftzwerg
2020-03-21, 12:23 AM
I have to ask if you could formulate a clear request. What are you expecting? A full lvl 20 build? Just some suggestions for your starting level of 10(? I guess due to BSB 5).

Since the goal ain't clearly set I give it a try with BSB builds that I had worked on.

I have 3 BSB related ranged ubercharger builds around the throw ability, but most start to "work" at later levels. 2 of em maybe inspiring.

One is build around Shivering Touch (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?528541). This would emulate Vaders draining ability and give him access to a few spells that might be interesting for the build.

If you can get DM fiat to adapt the Hammer of Moradin prc to something more Sith-ish, give my Hammerdin build (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?527093http://)a look. Imho the abilities could be fitting too. Change the race requirement and the warhammer into a longsword/bastardsword. It has also a throwing ability but that works only for once per round. On the other hand it offers the Power Throw (ability @lvl9) which is a throw attack that hits all enemies in a 60ft. line. Combined with BSB4 Lightning Ricochet, you can make full attacks with Power Throw = hit multiple enemies in a 60ft. line witch each attack.

FrostX99
2020-03-21, 01:28 PM
What about getting skirmish?
2 handed power attack throw weapon with skirmish active and hit a bunch of people around me?

FrostX99
2020-03-21, 08:38 PM
Dm says I just use rogue over scout and get the assassins stance and stack up sneak attack and like just freeze the ground around or something to make my enemies flat footed.

Xaotiq1
2020-03-22, 02:42 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?569004-Optimization-Showcase-in-the-Playground-Eternal-Sunshine-of-the-Spotless-War-Mind) may be relevant to your interests. It's a really interesting build IMHO.