PDA

View Full Version : Voltron VS Power Rangers

landadmiral
2007-10-23, 02:27 PM
Voltron (with sven and not the princess) VS Power Rangers

No evil outsider help, no spawned monsters or additions, no good guy help, or military intervention either.

just the 5 voltron members, lion fighting, and combined robot hero with badass sword

vs

the 5 power rangers, ninja fighting, and combined robot hero with badass sword

OH! and they are fighting in downtown Tokyo!!

Mavian
2007-10-23, 02:35 PM
Hmm, which group of power rangers?

landadmiral
2007-10-23, 03:14 PM
I lost track, there were so many versions.

Lets say the the Power Rangers of the very 1st power ranger movie.

Krankheit
2007-10-23, 07:50 PM
Voltron wins, no contest. It has agility and firepower, the zords have always been bulky and kinda weak, making up for it in durability/ Deus Ex Machina of the week. When you think about it i just goes to who hits first, with Voltron haveing the faster combat methods.

2007-10-23, 08:19 PM
Whoever decides to pull out their sword first wins.

I think it'd be the Rangers based on this, since I seem to recall long periods of time when the Voltron team would mess around in their individual robots, as if there was som benefit to no using the weapon that ended every fight in one shot right away.

sikyon
2007-10-23, 09:50 PM
Voltron wins, no contest. It has agility and firepower, the zords have always been bulky and kinda weak, making up for it in durability/ Deus Ex Machina of the week. When you think about it i just goes to who hits first, with Voltron haveing the faster combat methods.

Never saw Voltron. But in the first movie, the zord(s) were pretty agile, actually.

Malik
2007-10-23, 11:41 PM
Voltron ftw!

Jimorian
2007-10-24, 02:18 AM
Nothing really to add, but just gives me an Attack of Opportunity to post my Power Ranger Theory:

Power Rangers = Voltron + Ultraman + H.R. Puffinstuff + Saved By The Bell

That is all.

Ossian
2007-10-24, 08:02 AM
Hmm...can the zords fly? If not, they're smoked. Otherwise, it's really 50/50.
Still, many of those zords, so as to sell more toys, had various combinations, to make even bigger zords. What would I do? What I'd do if I were the BBEG of any giant robot series: full attack during transformation/combination/whatever. (one BBEG actually thought of foing i, you know? It was in the Mechander series...AND IT WORKED!)

So, V. has to go through only one transformation, and the lions seem to fy away at lightspped only to return assembled. Dunno about the zord (never actually followed anyof the PR series).

O.

landadmiral
2007-10-24, 01:33 PM
Whenever they get serious, voltron jumps into the lions and power rangers morph into ninjas. I'd say the lions whup up on the ninjas till the ninjas decide to turn into the robot. At which point the lions start losing and Voltron turns into the robot.
If you ever notice, both groups gradually move from super power to super power. Since the power rangers are on the losing side to begin with, they expend super robot sword power first and are defenseless against Voltrons super robot power. And lets not forget the lion heads flying off the hands and feet in attack mode.