PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder to Pathfinder conversion: The Swarm

xkaliburr
2020-03-21, 07:42 AM
Hello,

I am running essentially a spelljammer game set in the universe of Golarion. My party ended up on the far side of the galaxy, and I am going to be sending the Swarm (the alien species, not the creature type) after them. Since Starfinder and Pathfinder are similar, but have some differences, I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on this. Primarily, I am looking for if the CRs are accurate still, or if they need to be adjusted up or down, and iterative attacks, because I am not sure how that is calculated for creatures. Should I give them any feats? The link is below. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KTqDTQNW4W7vNseZk-2CF91dVR692ePbyM7Ly46HTHw/edit

xkaliburr
2020-03-22, 07:41 PM
Bump. Please help. I have not homebrewed or converted before and have no idea what I am doing.

Segev
2020-03-23, 07:45 AM
I don’t know anything about the Starfinder race “the swarm,” so my help will be a bit limited. What I know if differences between Pathfinder and Starfinder is mainly that Starfinder is lower powered...for casters. Bring a non-caster from PF to SF and he’ll probably be fine as long as you let him learn how to use sci-fi weapons. Bring a full caster in and the full caster will be head and shoulders above the casters of SF.

Are you using 2E AD&D rules for Spelljammer? If not, 3e is pretty compatible with PF and SF and this is probably fine. If so, you’re going to have to do a lot of feeling out, I fear.

xkaliburr
2020-03-23, 05:44 PM
Thanks Segev.

The Swarm is a race of insects that selectively breed and such to create terrifying swarms that devour planets. Mostly, I am dealing with the creatures, as I wing the Spelljammer rules.

Segev
2020-03-24, 06:30 PM
Thanks Segev.

The Swarm is a race of insects that selectively breed and such to create terrifying swarms that devour planets. Mostly, I am dealing with the creatures, as I wing the Spelljammer rules.

What actual mechanics do you need them adapted to?

xkaliburr
2020-03-26, 03:49 PM
Combat works differently between Starfinder and Pathfinder. I converted to Pathfinder, but I am not sure how to do iterative attacks, or if I need to spice them up more to match their CR.

I put all of them in the linked Google doc, to see how they stack up for Pathfinder in the eyes of the community.