PDA

View Full Version : Multi class question

Whit
2020-03-21, 01:24 PM
Quick question. When you multi class into any spell class that get cantrip, you don’t get any am I right? You only get cantrip from the first class you picked if it had any.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-03-21, 01:27 PM
You get everything that the class grants at its first class level, including spells/cantrips. The only thing that matters for the first class your character gains is the x4 skill points and the max hp.

EndlessKng
2020-03-21, 07:45 PM
You get everything that the class grants at its first class level, including spells/cantrips. The only thing that matters for the first class your character gains is the x4 skill points and the max hp.

Agree with one minor edgecase exception: You also do not gain any features the class says you don't get. This only comes up rarely in D&D proper - namely, the only example I can think of off-hand is the Illiteracy feature of Barbarian and Totemist - but there are d20 products that have features unique to the first iteration of a class (i.e. Spycraft has a "signature feature" for each class; you only got the feature association with your first class, plus one for a prestige class). However, in general, that's only going to come up in edge cases and likely not in D&D or Pathfinder using 1st party products.