PDA

View Full Version : Wash your hands

Rawhide
2020-03-22, 05:15 AM
Don't touch your face.

That is all.

Durkoala
2020-03-22, 06:26 AM
Your signature gives this message a rather different feel to what you probably intended.

Rawhide
2020-03-22, 06:52 AM
Your signature gives this message a rather different feel to what you probably intended.

Well, if you have no hands, then there's no need to wash 'em, right? :wink:

Iruka
2020-03-22, 09:03 AM
Don't touch your face.

That is all.

But my face is very itchy. :smallfrown:

Kid Jake
2020-03-22, 09:16 AM
Can we amend the list to add "Don't go around coughing on everything in the first place?"

enderlord99
2020-03-22, 10:39 AM

...The gravy would make my hands disappear somehow?

Peelee
2020-03-22, 11:12 AM

It's very powerful gravy. :smalltongue:

Brother Oni
2020-03-22, 12:52 PM
It's very powerful gravy. :smalltongue:

So either so incredibly corrosive that it dissolves your hands or so incredible tasty that you eat your own hands.

Reminds me of a horror movie I once heard of where a drug completely altered a person's perception of pain. One of the recipients, a housewife, ended up battering and deep frying her own hand for consumption, without amputating it first.

The Fury
2020-03-22, 01:22 PM
... I don't really like gravy. Even less so now.

Peelee
2020-03-22, 02:02 PM
... I don't really like gravy. Even less so now.

Both white and brown?

The Fury
2020-03-22, 02:06 PM
Both white and brown?

It comes in different colors? Huh.

But no, I just generally do not like gravy.

Peelee
2020-03-22, 02:18 PM
It comes in different colors? Huh.

But no, I just generally do not like gravy.

White gravy is sausage gravy; when making breakfast, after cooking the sausages, you use the grease as a base to make the gravy, which is usually poured over biscuits. Milk is also a major ingredient, which gives the white color. If you ever see a menu item "biscuits and gravy," it's sausage gravy. Much more prevalent in the Deep South.

Brown gravy is usually beef or turkey gravy, and more of a dinner food. Most commonly served with mashed potatoes. This is the more common gravy by far, though the meat base does affect flavor.

The Fury
2020-03-22, 02:55 PM
White gravy is sausage gravy; when making breakfast, after cooking the sausages, you use the grease as a base to make the gravy, which is usually poured over biscuits. Milk is also a major ingredient, which gives the white color. If you ever see a menu item "biscuits and gravy," it's sausage gravy. Much more prevalent in the Deep South.

Brown gravy is usually beef or turkey gravy, and more of a dinner food. Most commonly served with mashed potatoes. This is the more common gravy by far, though the meat base does affect flavor.

Oh! White gravy is what goes on biscuits and gravy? Yeah, that's made me physically ill every time I've eaten it.

factotum
2020-03-22, 02:57 PM

Pretty much doesn't exist in the UK, and our biscuits are what you'd call cookies, so we find the whole concept of "biscuits and gravy" somewhat odd--imagine (in your terminology) brown gravy poured over sweet cookies and you get the idea!

Peelee
2020-03-22, 03:05 PM
Oh! White gravy is what goes on biscuits and gravy? Yeah, that's made me physically ill every time I've eaten it.
I have that same experience with grits, so I feel your pain.

Pretty much doesn't exist in the UK, and our biscuits are what you'd call cookies, so we find the whole concept of "biscuits and gravy" somewhat odd--imagine (in your terminology) brown gravy poured over sweet cookies and you get the idea!

I can imagine. Damned tasty, though. White gravy also usually gets put on chicken-fried streak.

The Fury
2020-03-22, 03:18 PM
I have that same experience with grits, so I feel your pain.

Huh. And here I was thinking that I'm so Northwestern that Southern food is potentially lethal to me. Evidently some Southerners can't eat it either? Weird.
(I've never eaten grits by the way. There's still a lot of Southern cuisine that I've never tried.)

Peelee
2020-03-22, 03:40 PM
Huh. And here I was thinking that I'm so Northwestern that Southern food is potentially lethal to me. Evidently some Southerners can't eat it either? Weird.
(I've never eaten grits by the way. There's still a lot of Southern cuisine that I've never tried.)

Well, my dad was from Brooklyn, so that may have contributed - I got the NYCPizza gene instead of the Grits gene, or something like that. THAT IS EXACTLY HOW GENETICS WORKS.

Rawhide
2020-03-22, 06:18 PM

Yup! Fang really likes gravy.

Peelee
2020-03-22, 06:31 PM

Wash your bloody stumps.

The Fury
2020-03-22, 07:40 PM
Wash your bloody stumps.

I'd suggest cauterizing them first.

Vinyadan
2020-03-22, 09:17 PM
I have no hands and i must hit caps lock

Shinoskay
2020-03-23, 03:19 AM
no u

times 10

Rawhide
2020-03-23, 03:44 AM

Minor correction: Fang wouldn't actually eat any part of you, without being directed to. He'd just stare at your gravy scented body and growl very hungrily.

But my face is very itchy. :smallfrown:

Then wash them THOROUGHLY before scratching/rubbing your face!

Timeras
2020-03-23, 01:09 PM
Then wash them THOROUGHLY before scratching/rubbing your face!

Or myabe wash your face.

Rawhide
2020-03-23, 01:23 PM
Or myabe wash your face.

Wash your hands thoroughly first!

Rodin
2020-03-23, 05:45 PM

When we moved from the UK to the South, grits were the one big disappointment in the food. It's basically porridge made from corn instead of oats, and has about as much flavor. They're not terrible, but there's so many better things you could be filling your stomach with.

Biscuits and gravy, on the other hand, are damn delicious. As is pretty much any form of Cajun cooking. Best meal I've ever had was deer sausage jambalaya cooked outside on a wood burning stove by honest-to-goodness redneck Cajuns who lived on a bayou across the street from a turtle farm.

I've always figured that particular bunch of in-laws are immune to disease of any kind. They're getting their food by dredging the bottom of a swamp at the tail end of one of the biggest rivers in the world, downstream from a large number of chemical plants. If that doesn't kill them, no virus stands a chance. Besides, the weak were already culled by the gators.

Peelee
2020-03-23, 09:13 PM
When we moved from the UK to the South, grits were the one big disappointment in the food. It's basically porridge made from corn instead of oats, and has about as much flavor. They're not terrible, but there's so many better things you could be filling your stomach with.
What is a grit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWC0sKCS5oA)?

Best meal I've ever had was deer sausage jambalaya cooked outside on a wood burning stove by honest-to-goodness redneck Cajuns who lived on a bayou across the street from a turtle farm.
Deer, in general, is terrible. Deer sausage, in general, is absolutely fantastic!

Rogar Demonblud
2020-03-24, 12:52 AM
Ground venison works well for meatloaf and barbecues, since there's less grease to conflict with the seasonings.

Liang
2020-03-24, 01:35 AM
So what songs do you all sing while washing your hands? Mr. Brightside's been working for me.

Peelee
2020-03-24, 08:28 AM
Ground venison works well for meatloaf and barbecues, since there's less grease to conflict with the seasonings.

Wanna know how I know you're not from the South (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZzdpBcVee4&t=1s)? :smalltongue:

The Fury
2020-03-25, 11:15 AM
So what songs do you all sing while washing your hands? Mr. Brightside's been working for me.

My go to's been Dance Commander. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKLd2Ht36n0) Funny the things you can get away with when you're on your own.

Palanan
2020-03-26, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by The Fury
My go to's been

OH GODS NO PLEASE NO.

Five seconds of that and I need to listen to anything by Thomas Bergersen.

Or Spiderbait's Black Betty, just as a palate cleanser.

Rogar Demonblud
2020-03-26, 11:10 PM
Spiderbait works well as a palate cleanser, although my preference is their cover of Ghost Riders.

ben-zayb
2020-03-29, 05:04 AM
You mean distancing one's self from their entrusted responsibility? Plenty of that happening all over the world, but I'm pretty sure discussing that is not allowed here.:smallconfused:

Oh.

You meant literally washing hands. Gotcha

Rollin
2020-03-29, 11:38 AM
I've used the chorus of "Round and Round" by Ratt. I do have to sing it twice to get to 20 seconds.

"What comes around, goes around: I'll tell you why~"

Seerow
2020-03-29, 12:10 PM
Wanna know how I know you're not from the South (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZzdpBcVee4&t=1s)? :smalltongue:

In theory he could be smoking the venison, I prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt before declaring them a barbecue heathen.

Vizzerdrix
2020-04-08, 02:04 PM
Don't touch your face.

That is all.

Then I shall touch your face! Touch. Touch. Touch!