PDA

View Full Version : Tag along PC - Pius the Cleric

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-03-22, 10:45 AM
Every once in awhile my friend and my kid will start an almost spontaneous game with myself as DM. I kind of enjoy the session or two long adventures pulled from online random generators and things I've 3D printed. They are a nice change of pace from the six month long books my other group usually campaigns in.

Man, with 2 PCs they're a pretty squishy bunch though lol. A giant bat almost killed em.

Investigating the usual problem in the mine I gave them a "Mine Foreman" of sorts named Pius to tag along using the level 1 Cleric stats.

Pius' story is he could use his healing word to keep the miners on the job and generally cared for the guys so he became foreman. His "armor" is a patchwork or mining equipment and actually aome decent home made stuff. It clangs terribly.

Despite having a decent A/C he NEVER wants to be in front. He also asks every round what he should be doing. So far his attacks have been rolling pretty terribly so its funny watching him lose his pickaxe or toss his hammer off into nothingness.

He had at least one more session with them and then may become a recurring task giver or friendly npc. What personality quirks can I give this guy?

ImproperJustice
2020-03-23, 12:30 AM
He serves the mighty God of Yeet, and often calls forth his name before making great physical exertions such as attacks, strength rolls, etc....

Mayne he starts rolling better when he does?
This leads to a sudden interest in the other PCs physical well being.
He will begin recommending and leading a morning exercise regimen, and begin preparing healthy lunches for the PCs. Like Roasted Chic Peas, Hard Carrots, and Cucumbers dipped in ranch.
Maybe some ants on a log as an afternoon treat (celery Raisins and peanut butter for the uninitiated).