PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Animal Domain [Cleric Subclass]

JNAProductions
2020-03-22, 04:47 PM
Animal Domain

Domain Spells
At the indicated levels, you gain the spells listed. They are always prepared, and do not count against your total number of spells prepared.

1st
Animal Friendship, Speak With Animals

3rd
Animal Messenger, Beast Sense

5th
Conjure Animals, Mass Healing Word*

7th
Conjure Woodland Beings, Polymorph

9th
Awaken, Wrath Of Nature

Mass Healing Word is to patch up your animal buddies, but honestly, I think there's a better choice. I just don't know what.

Animal Friendship
At level one, natural animals will not attack you first. Unless provoked or compelled, they will treat you well.

Speak With Animals
Also at level one, you are under a permanent Speak With Animals effect. When you cast Speak With Animals, you may target up to one person touched per level of the spell expended, instead of only yourself.

Channel Divinity: Animal Shape
At level two, you may use your Channel Divinity to take the form of an animal as an action. For one minute, you take the form of any animal that is CR 1/2 or lower. Your physical characteristics are overwritten, but you retain your mental characteristics, in the same way a Druid's Wildshape functions.

Speed Of The Beasts
At level six, your move speed increases by 10'.

Potent Spellcasting
At level eight, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

One With Beastkind
At level seventeen, you may take the form of any animal at-will, as a bonus action. This functions the same as your Channel Divinity: Animal Shape in most ways. The changes are:
-You may assume the form of any animal CR 2 or lower
-You may cast cleric spells freely while in this form, ignoring any non-expensive Material components and providing the Somatic and Verbal components from your animal form
-Your HP total is unchanged when you enter your animal form

Magicspook
2020-03-23, 12:26 PM
I like it, but at this point, why aren't you playing a shepherd druid?

JNAProductions
2020-03-23, 12:28 PM
I like it, but at this point, why aren't you playing a shepherd druid?

Armor, for one.

Access to a different spell list, for two.

But yeah, Shepherd Druid does fill a similar niche.