PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Where can I find 2nd Edition Pathfinder?

Ravingdork
2020-03-24, 07:34 AM
I can't seem to find any 2nd Edition Pathfinder threads on this forum. Why isn't there a 2nd Edition Pathfinder section and/or tags? :smallconfused:

stack
2020-03-24, 07:48 AM
There had been a few threads and once in awhile one pops up, but the system is different enough from 3.PF that it is an odd fit here and the general opinion of this board toward it was negative in the threads that existed. A few PBP games have been popping up though.

Personally, I like a number of things about it, but dislike other things.

As for tags or a separate sub board, that would be up to the powers that be. I think at least a thread tag would be helpful.

Psyren
2020-03-24, 09:36 AM
The mods have said there aren't enough threads about it to warrant a separate tag, at least not yet. Whether the lack of threads is due to indifference toward the edition or active dislike, I couldn't say.

Speaking personally, there is still such a glut of PF1 material I haven't even gotten to yet that I'm still finding new character concepts and rules elements to play around with. P1 also does everything I want it to, albeit buttressed by a few third-party additions.

HouseRules
2020-03-24, 09:59 AM
The forum for conversations specifically related to the rules and procedures of Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition, 3.5 Edition, or any fantasy game using the d20 system or a variant thereof (commercially published or not).

The definition of commercially published is that it is not exclusively educational published.
Even if the product is free, it is considered commercially published at least in United States; educational published has strict requirements on the academic value.
The or not here clearly represents exclusively educationally published and free products; otherwise, it includes everything that is in Homebrew Design thread.

When the level increase to the point that PF2E would have a tag, PF1E would likely (though not necessarily) be in decline.
Thus, there will be a point where the PF2E would have a tag, but eventually, it might merge back with PF1E.

Edit:
Every Post we make on a forum is considered commercially published, literally, unless it is educationally published.

Ravingdork
2020-03-24, 05:09 PM
I'll check back in to see if activity and interest has picked up in a couple of years then I guess. :smallsigh:

Psyren
2020-03-24, 07:56 PM
I'll check back in to see if activity and interest has picked up in a couple of years then I guess. :smallsigh:

Alternatively, just post on the Paizo board, plenty of threads about it there...

stack
2020-03-24, 08:58 PM
The member produced content sticky should have a slowly growing amount of PF2 content on it since Ssalarn and I are both working on PF2 content. Probably others as well.