PDA

View Full Version : Both D&D and World of Darkness.

Shinizak
2020-03-24, 06:31 PM
I'm the worst kind of gamer. I love the simple, open ended dice pools of world of Darkness, but I also want the crunchy combat of DnD.

How do I resolve my 2 great loves knowing they'll never be together? Is there anything that fills the void that my heart yearns for?

ಥ‿ಥ

LibraryOgre
2020-03-24, 06:42 PM
Shadowrun? Ten times the crunch, and open-ended dice pools?

Lord Torath
2020-03-24, 07:57 PM
Shadowrun? Ten times the crunch, and open-ended dice pools?This is very true! 2E dice pools could get huge. 3E was supposed to fix that, but ended up worse (as I understand it).

As long as you don't mind the cyberpunk vibe. If you still want medieval fantasy, Earthdawn might work.

LibraryOgre
2020-03-24, 10:32 PM
This is very true! 2E dice pools could get huge. 3E was supposed to fix that, but ended up worse (as I understand it).

As long as you don't mind the cyberpunk vibe. If you still want medieval fantasy, Earthdawn might work.

4e even had nWoD-style expanding dice pools... success on a 5 or 6, modifiers change the size of the dice pool, not the TN.

Kaptin Keen
2020-03-25, 03:26 AM
Shadowrun? Ten times the crunch, and open-ended dice pools?

But Shadowrun doesn't work. I've played it a ton regardless, but it's the most broken RPG system I ever saw.

Possibly later versions are less dysfunctional? I believe my newest book is 4e.

Morty
2020-03-25, 04:14 AM
If you want dicepools and crunchy combat, try Exalted 3E. It has all the crunch a soul can ask for and then some.

gkathellar
2020-03-25, 04:18 AM
If you want dicepools and crunchy combat, try Exalted 3E. It has all the crunch a soul can ask for and then some.

Came here to say this. Exalted has ginormous, Olympic-scale dice pools, and is absurdly, comically crunchy.

DeTess
2020-03-25, 04:21 AM
But Shadowrun doesn't work. I've played it a ton regardless, but it's the most broken RPG system I ever saw.

Possibly later versions are less dysfunctional? I believe my newest book is 4e.

Not really. I've played 5th edition mostly, and it kinda works, as long as your group is fine with going with rules-as-make-sense rather than RAW with some regularity.