PDA

View Full Version : Need a name for my character

SpawnOfMorbo
2020-03-25, 12:15 AM
Stage Name: The King of Magicians

However, I would like to have a great name, maybe even a title (fake or otherwise) to go along with this stage name and I could use a bit of help.

Here is some info on the character.

Level 1 V Human Charlatan Cleric of Trickery

AC: 18 (medium armor + shield)

HP: 10

Str: 10
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 8
Wis: 16
Cha: 12

Skills: Sleight of Hand, Insight, Deception, Performance, and Persuasion.

Tools: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit

Feats: M. Initiate (Druid): Primal Savagery, Thorn Whip, Endure Elements.

Cleric Cantrips: Sacred Flame, Toll of the Dead, and Thaumatagury

Verbal Components: Hocus Pocus, Abra Kadabra, Alakazam, and "please work this time".

The King of Magicians (gotta say it all) was a professional magician that specialized in misdirection and non-magical magic. One day his act caught the attention of a Trickster god who then bestowed upon him the blessing of the Trickster so that his assistants could perform their duties much easier, such as when he put a lady in a box and had her vanish without magic words ! This amazing feat even had some wizards stumped with how he did it!

Seeing what this god could do for him and his act, he has pledged his life to the deity... Though, not much has changed since then.

However, tragedy had struck. A lord was turned away when asking The King of Magician's secrets to the non-magical magic.angered, the lord killed The King of Magician's group and stole all his possessions. The King of Magicians won't let this stand however and has vowed to get retribution for being crossed.

Honestly, I was thinking of making him Penn so that his duplicity could be named Teller... But I'm not 100% sold on that one.

Also, I thought about Shillelagh as an alternative to Primal Savagery but running around and smacking enemies with my "wand" (club) might be a bit too silly... Instead only the duplicate will use PS for the most part.

ImproperJustice
2020-03-25, 12:33 AM
The Ostentatious Austin Bailey!

Gruncle Stan?

“Mr. E”

Coyote Caldwell

Justin Juniper P. Jones-Goldwfaith.

Tawmis
2020-03-25, 01:55 AM
You could go with the obvious...

Lowe Keye. (Low-key = Loki)

SpawnOfMorbo
2020-03-25, 05:00 AM
The Ostentatious Austin Bailey!

Gruncle Stan?

“Mr. E”

Coyote Caldwell

Justin Juniper P. Jones-Goldwfaith.

Hmmm I'm not feeling it, but I like the flow of them.

You could go with the obvious...

Lowe Keye. (Low-key = Loki)

I have a build that I've named "the middle finger of Loki" that has a pun name like Lowe Keye.... Kilo (like the measurement) which backwards is Loki.

Or else I would do this lol.

Tawmis
2020-03-25, 05:26 AM
You could spin common words...

Such as:

D. Sepshin. (D-ception = Deception)

Or something of the like.

And when asked what the "D" stands for... Come up with different answers "Dangerous!" "Dastardly!" "Daring!" "Daunting!"

Sudsboy
2020-03-25, 05:55 AM
Stage Name: The King of Magicians

However, I would like to have a great name, maybe even a title (fake or otherwise) to go along with this stage name and I could use a bit of help.

Aloysius Q. Mantooth, the Sultan of Skullduggery

Nikushimi
2020-03-25, 06:31 AM
Well, if you're wanting your name to be a pun you can use with your Duplicity...

Desa, The King of Magicians.
Pierre, The Not Not King Of Magicians (Your duplicate).

Together you are....Desa Pierre. Disappear. Ha. Get it? I know, it's bad...but puns are supposed to be. xD

Hmm, other than that...

You could take inspiration from Alice in Wonderland.

Model the name after the Mad Hatter, Tarrant Hightop.

Could even use Cheshire since they are a tricksy fellow.

"The name's Desa from Cheshire, The King of Magicians. Now allow me to introduce to you my partner! Pierre the Hare, The Not Not King of Magicians! Together we are Desa and Pierre!"

Yes, I can't stop with that pun. I'm sorry, but hope it gives you some inspiration.

SpawnOfMorbo
2020-03-26, 11:38 AM
You could spin common words...

Such as:

D. Sepshin. (D-ception = Deception)

Or something of the like.

And when asked what the "D" stands for... Come up with different answers "Dangerous!" "Dastardly!" "Daring!" "Daunting!"

Whenever I see or hear the word Dastardly, I think Daffy Duck.

Aloysius Q. Mantooth, the Sultan of Skullduggery

I'm a Dire Straits fan, so I like the idea of using the name "Sultan" but might not fit the campaign.

Well, if you're wanting your name to be a pun you can use with your Duplicity...

Desa, The King of Magicians.
Pierre, The Not Not King Of Magicians (Your duplicate).

Together you are....Desa Pierre. Disappear. Ha. Get it? I know, it's bad...but puns are supposed to be. xD

Hmm, other than that...

You could take inspiration from Alice in Wonderland.

Model the name after the Mad Hatter, Tarrant Hightop.

Could even use Cheshire since they are a tricksy fellow.

"The name's Desa from Cheshire, The King of Magicians. Now allow me to introduce to you my partner! Pierre the Hare, The Not Not King of Magicians! Together we are Desa and Pierre!"

Yes, I can't stop with that pun. I'm sorry, but hope it gives you some inspiration.

I love a good pun, I even love an ok pun.

Desa, Duke of Chesire and Pierre the Nay-Duke of Nottinghamshire.

Thank's y'all!

2020-03-26, 11:41 AM
Arnold Ukk.

Mr. Wonderful
2020-03-30, 09:30 AM
You should have multiple names of course, especially when trying to chase down your arch-nemesis.

Howzabout…..

Alternate Stage Names

The Amazing Pushkin - sees all! tells all!
The Inscrutable Dr. Fong
Ashcroft, Master of the Seven Circles

When undercover, try mixing up common names with Egyptian deities.

William Osiris
Anubis Jones
Roscoe Smythe-Ptah
Horus P. Wallingham

Sounds like you're going to have some fun!

elyktsorb
2020-03-30, 09:32 AM
Watch out for Keith

Arkhios
2020-03-30, 10:52 PM
https://futureboy.us/lookup/nph-anagram.pl?orig=The+King+of+Magicians&list=12&include=&limit=3&short=3&cap=1

Pick the one you like the most :P