PDA

View Full Version : Can you get over the initial shock? What about the next? And the next? (Artifact)

BisectedBrioche
2007-10-23, 07:02 PM
Just a quick idea;

Armour of Lightning Power - If anyone has a better name, by all means suggest it
The armour of lightning power is a dark grey, full suit of +3 plate mail with lightning bolt patterns (red, blue and yellow) twisting around the limbs. It has the following abilities;

Shock Resistance The wearer ignores the first 10 points of shock damage dealt to them.

Deadly Charge This is a passive ability which may be started and stopped as a free action. The suit shocks the wearer's muscles, causing them to contract with incredible force. While it is active the user is treated as having the Endurance feat (if they already have it then apply double the bonuses) gains +10 to strength and +5 to reflex saves. However the damage takes its toll, the user sufferes 1d6 points of non-lethal damage for every round this ability is active. Furthermore every three rounds they must make a DC15 fortitude check or take a point of constitution damage, every nine rounds this also causes a point of constitution drain. If this ability is used for more than one round the wearer becomes fatigued (or drops down to the next level if they already are) and a -1 penalty to strength and dexterity per 3 rounds it was active until they rest for at least an hour.

The armour is not cursed and may be removed and/or discarded at any time.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-23, 07:08 PM
Why is this an artifact? It seems to me like a perfectly regular magic item.

Maerok
2007-10-23, 07:08 PM
The armour is not cursed and may be removed and/or discarded at any time.

Until sovereign glue gets involved. :smallamused:

BisectedBrioche
2007-10-23, 07:15 PM
Why is this an artifact? It seems to me like a perfectly regular magic item.

I'd say +10 to strength and +5 to reflex saves is a pretty significant bonus.

Kellus
2007-10-23, 07:18 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think artifacts are supposed to have listed prices on the basis that they should never be available for sale.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-23, 07:57 PM
I'd say +10 to strength and +5 to reflex saves is a pretty significant bonus.

Ah, sorry, I misread the strength bonus. In that case, it should have no price at all. The current price doesn't even make it epic.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-23, 08:36 PM
If it's an artifact it shouldn't have a base cost.

BisectedBrioche
2007-10-23, 10:21 PM
Oops, I've removed the base price.:smallredface: