PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Having a unique villain die, and making the next ones just as good

Quirronious
2020-03-25, 08:30 PM
A while ago, I started a D&D 3.5 campaign surrounding a war in a small, isolated valley. It progressed well, if a little fast, but I've reached a tough point. The most recently revealed villain was a bard, from a group of people with mystical, god-given powers relating to music that they used to spread chaos. This bard could bring things to life, like weapons, fire, and even bodies, in a zombified state, by playing his flute. He died, because the party ignored the damage he was doing to the city and went straight to the source, taking him out before he could run. Since I thought he would last longer, I decided to have his friends come out to get revenge on the party. As it stands, however, I don't have many ideas for powers that give off such a mystical, powerful feel, and can't be done with a simple spell. I wanted around four others, to have them in their own "party" of sorts when together, but I can really only think of a few others, like messing with people's emotions and disrupting magic.