PDA

View Full Version : Roll 20 alternatives for I-Pads

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-03-25, 09:16 PM
Thanks to current events I am attempting to DM and play via Roll 20. One thing I've learned is set it up on everyone's device before game night.

Some folks don't have PC's anymore and we've had problems getting them going.

What other platforms should I consider? Voice chat, some icons and a grid map are probably my my groups need.

KillianHawkeye
2020-03-26, 03:17 PM
Does the Roll20 website not work on an iPad for some reason? :smallconfused:

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-03-26, 10:47 PM
Does the Roll20 website not work on an iPad for some reason? :smallconfused:

Not for the two fellows who were trying Wednesday anyway. I don't know what version of i-Pad they were using.

Mutazoia
2020-03-26, 10:50 PM
Not for the two fellows who were trying Wednesday anyway. I don't know what version of i-Pad they were using.

It should work with the Ipad just fine, but you have to give Roll20 money before they will unlock the mobile site for phones and tablets.

Grod_The_Giant
2020-03-27, 08:30 AM
In a pinch, any service with screen sharing can work.

KillianHawkeye
2020-03-28, 11:08 PM
It should work with the Ipad just fine, but you have to give Roll20 money before they will unlock the mobile site for phones and tablets.

Can you not tell your mobile browser to display the original desktop version of the site?

Mutazoia
2020-03-29, 06:40 PM
Can you not tell your mobile browser to display the original desktop version of the site?

No, as the site detects the tablet when it initially connects (the way the tablets request data from the site tips Roll20 off that it's a mobile device). Roll20 will not offer the regular version for the tablet after that.