PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Trickery Domain & Word of Radiance?

Citadel97501
2020-03-26, 12:57 AM
Hello all, am I reading this incorrectly or does the Invoke Duplicity power allow you to have a clone running around nuking people while you remain hidden? Even if they determine your clone is an illusion, they are still going to keep getting blasted repeatedly?

kazaryu
2020-03-26, 04:01 AM
Hello all, am I reading this incorrectly or does the Invoke Duplicity power allow you to have a clone running around nuking people while you remain hidden? Even if they determine your clone is an illusion, they are still going to keep getting blasted repeatedly?

well, considering there's no mechanics for 'determining your clone is an illusion' thats not even an option. however, yes, that is exactly what happens. a few things to keep in mind however.
1. invoke duplicity costs concentration, so no turning invisible while using it (unless, ally)
2. the duplicate must be within 120feet of you. so it can be used to extend teh range of spells. however;
3. you have to use your own senses to target. which means you can't use your clone to see/attack things around corners for you.
4. generally casting spells and the attacking removes the hidden condition, so unless you can BA hide (i.e. MC rogue) they're going to know where you are pretty quick.