PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Ubercharger

newguydude1
2020-03-26, 06:59 AM
could someone give me a quick unarmed ubercharger build?

in ragnarok online monks have this skill called guillotine fist. it is the single most powerful skill in the entire game and one shots even boss monsters. i wanna try that in this game.

doesn't have to be monk. any class is fine, even spellcasters. i might prefer spellcaster so i can teleport back and charge every turn.

totemist barbarian for pounce obviously for first level.

ExLibrisMortis
2020-03-26, 08:00 AM
Well, you can go spirit lion totem city brawler barbarian with Power Attack, Leap Attack, Shock Trooper, Superior Unarmed Strike, and Hammerfist. That's basically a regular barbarian übercharger who happens to use unarmed strikes.

You can also go monk 7/War Mind 10 with Mantis Leap, Lion Tribe Warrior, and Tashalatora. Mantis Leap is a 3.0 feat that requires seven monk levels. It has some extremely powerful interpretations (like "you get a full attack for every 5' of movement"), but at minimum, it should allow you to end any move action during which you jump with a charge. Hustle is a psywar power, and so is expansion. Three charging full attacks per round with 2*STR bonus damage (per hit? per charge?) and 6d8 base weapon damage? Sure, I'll take it.

ShurikVch
2020-03-26, 01:15 PM
could someone give me a quick unarmed ubercharger build?

in ragnarok online monks have this skill called guillotine fist. it is the single most powerful skill in the entire game and one shots even boss monsters. i wanna try that in this game.One shots..?
Let me tell you about the d2 Crusader (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?201776-d2-Crusader)... :smallwink:

Gruftzwerg
2020-03-26, 01:39 PM
One shots..?
Let me tell you about the d2 Crusader (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?201776-d2-Crusader)... :smallwink:

^ this. take a small race and use your d2 fists to deal infinite dmg

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-03-26, 05:34 PM
How about one of the many variations on the King of Smack (https://www.enworld.org/threads/the-king-of-smack-zombiegleemax.471409/)? Utilizing psychic warrior (possibly with a monk dip + decisive strike + Beast Strike + Tashalatora) to lay the smack down. (Hence the name.)

Also, one of the monk builds in this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?285801-Tippy-s-Terrifically-Terrible-Trial/page25&p=15474863#post15474863) thread? It's all about soloing Endbringers Elder Evils.

darkdragoon
2020-03-26, 07:11 PM
I suppose there's always Frostrager if you don't mind Barbarian.

Falontani
2020-03-26, 07:42 PM
Level

Class

Base Attack Bonus

Fort Save

Ref Save

Will Save

Feats

Class Features

Holy Warrior Paladin

+1

+2

+0

+0

Serenity

Smite Evil 1/day, Detect Evil, Aura of Good

Paladin

+2

+3

+0

+0

Divine Grace

Paladin

+3

+3

+1

+1

Improved Shield Bash

Aura of Courage, Divine Health

Paladin

+4

+4

+1

+1

Divine Shield(b)

Turn Undead

Overwhelming Attack Monk

+4

+6

+3

+3

Power Attack(b), Improved Unarmed Strike(b)

Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike

Monk

+5

+7

+4

+4

Monastic Training(b), Shield Charge

Evasion

Argent Fist

+5

+9

+4

+6

Ascetic Smite, Ki Focus, Stunning Smite

Argent Fist

+6

+10

+4

+7

Holy Armor, Ki Strike (Silver)

Argent Fist

+7

+10

+5

+7

Improved Bull Rush

Balm of the Silver Flame

Argent Fist

+8

+11

+5

+8

Smite Evil 2/day

Argent Fist

+8

+11

+5

+8

Wrath of the Silver Flame

Argent Fist

+9

+12

+6

+9

Shock Trooper

Argent Fist

+10

+12

+6

+9

Ki Strike (Cold Iron)

Argent Fist

+11

+13

+6

+10

Mettle

Argent Fist

+11

+13

+7

+10

Shield Specialization

Smite Evil 3/day

Argent Fist

+12

+14

+7

+11

Embrace of the Silver Flame

Paladin

+13

+14

+7

+11

Smite Evil 4/day, Charging Smite

Paladin

+14

+15

+8

+12

Agile Shield Fighter

Curse Breaker

Broken One Monk

+15

+15

+8

+12

Lay on Hands, Fast Movement

Monk

+16

+16

+9

+13

Ki Strike (Magic), Slow Fall (20 ft)

You could forgo unarmed main hand in favor of a Longsword with Whirling Steel Strike. If you are ok with flaws I'd pick up Snap Kick and Stunning Fist with this. If you are okay with a development arc take level 1 and 2 as Barbarian, grab up pounce and Improved Trip, become an Ex Barbarian and get into Paladin. You'll need Knight Training instead of Monastic Training however, so grab some Rage related feat at level 1, when you are about to hit level 3, retrain your rage feat into Knight Training, and take level 3 serenity. The order of feats don't really matter, as long as you have Knight Training or Monastic Training before grabbing your first level of Argent Fist. If you are more wanting to break more DRs, then grab your third and fourth monk level before argent fist, and slot in the feat: Sanctify Ki Strike, although it requires more charisma than I'd suggest for the build.

As it stands this build maxes out wis, then follows it up with str/con. For a more SAD character, slot in Intuitive Attack, and go Wis/Con as your only important stats. Your damage will suffer however.

I personally love Shield Charge -> Improved Trip -> Snap Kick
With Pounce it is: Shield Charge (offhand, or one of your iterative attacks) and then go nuts with your unarmed strikes and Snap Kick

the only skills required are Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks.

See if your DM will allow you to use your Wisdom Modifier for Divine Shield and Argent Fist stuff. You have a feat that changes all of paladin stuff to be wis mod, so why wouldn't your paladin/monk prestige class also be wisdom mod.

newguydude1
2020-03-31, 11:23 PM
can warlocks ubercharge their eldritch damage? like with that eldritch glaive thing i think its called.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-03-31, 11:30 PM
can warlocks ubercharge their eldritch damage? like with that eldritch glaive thing i think its called.It supposedly works like a glaive, except you have to use a full-round action to use it, IIRC. Which means, no, you can't do charge attacks. Or much of anything else, really.

Troacctid
2020-03-31, 11:57 PM
can warlocks ubercharge their eldritch damage? like with that eldritch glaive thing i think its called.
You can't combine eldritch glaive with a charge attack, but you could certainly try to work out some kind of ubercharger build with Eldritch Claws. Maybe combine it with other natural weapons.

Gruftzwerg
2020-04-01, 01:08 AM
If you want to play a melee warlock, I can show you optimized builds for both. Just for some ideas. No need to go overboard and copy them 1:1 (unless you know that your table intends to play on such an optimized lvl, check with DM and teammates).

Glaivelock (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?607457-The-Hellfire-Escalation-Glaivelock-A-Killer-Kobold-Build) non-ubercharger but still has impressive dmg

Clawlock (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?518880) ubercharger

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-01, 01:16 AM
Monk 1/warlock with eldritch claws and the Beast Strike feat? Eldritch claws deal unarmed strike damage plus eldritch blast damage, meaning your Beast Strike damage would be unarmed strike damage + unarmed strike damage + eldritch blast damage. Note that it isn't base damage, either. So that's ([base unarmed strike + Str] x 2) + eldritch blast damage.

Gruftzwerg
2020-04-01, 01:23 AM
Monk 1/warlock with eldritch claws and the Beast Strike feat? Eldritch claws deal unarmed strike damage plus eldritch blast damage, meaning your Beast Strike damage would be unarmed strike damage + unarmed strike damage + eldritch blast damage. Note that it isn't base damage, either. So that's ([base unarmed strike + Str] x 2) + eldritch blast damage.

Base damage doesn't include Str modifier.

Beast Strike dmg = 2x"unarmed strike base dmg" + Eldritch Blast + Str + anything else

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-01, 01:25 AM
Base damage doesn't include Str modifier.Then it's a good thing that neither feat ever says base damage, eh? Unarmed damage is Base Damage + Str mod + Bonus Damage. Eldritch Claw damage is Unarmed Damage + Eldritch Blast Damage. And Beast Strike damage is Eldritch Claw Damage + Unarmed Strike Damage. At no point is the phrase "base damage" ever mentioned.

[edit] Now make it a warforged and add slam (not base!) damage, as well.

Monks need all the help they can get, and 2 feats is quite a lot to pay for damage that doesn't even quite stack up to Power Attack + 2 Hander.

Gruftzwerg
2020-04-01, 02:11 AM
Then it's a good thing that neither feat ever says base damage, eh? Unarmed damage is Base Damage + Str mod + Bonus Damage. Eldritch Claw damage is Unarmed Damage + Eldritch Blast Damage. And Beast Strike damage is Eldritch Claw Damage + Unarmed Strike Damage. At no point is the phrase "base damage" ever mentioned.

[edit] Now make it a warforged and add slam (not base!) damage, as well.

Monks need all the help they can get, and 2 feats is quite a lot to pay for damage that doesn't even quite stack up to Power Attack + a 2 Hander.

with "base dmg" I was referring to the fact that it only talks about "base dmg" as weapon and not the "modified dmg" of an entire attack.

for reference look at the weapon dmg (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#tableWeapons)values. Do you see any ability modifiers included?

j
No, because those modify the attack and doesn't enhance your weapon dmg.

And it is still quite a lot if you use "Sizing" enhancement to go up to colossal size (-8 penalty to attack for medium sized characters:

20th lvl monk unarmed strike at colossal size:

without beast strike: 12d8 = ~54 dmg on avarage
with beast strike : 24d8 + claw dmg (Eldritch Claws don't get size dmg changes, but any kind of other claw does) ~108dmg + claw dmg

a medium sized punch of a 20th lvl monk has an average dmg of ~11.

without beast strike this is an increase of ~43 dmg for -8 on hit. Better than a 1:5 ratio. Try to emulate that with Power Attack and look how many resources you spend and get.

with beast strike it's an average increase of ~97 dmg for -8 on hit. More than a 1:10 ratio.

I don't consider this weak nor to much of an investment, compared to a regular ubercharger.

Further, there are the Sandals of the Tiger Leap, doubles your dmg on charge when unarmed. There you go with your double dmg bonus (not just sole Str, for everything on charge).

edit: somehow sorted the colums wrong.