PDA

View Full Version : taint related questions

Zhepna
2020-03-26, 08:57 AM
Hi,

We play edition 3.5
I have a character has 1 lvl of Favored Soul (it's like a cleric with fewer spell per day), a few levels of wizard then 2 level in the tainted scholar prestige class.
1) the tainted spellcasting change the number of spells per day to depravity+10. Since I have divine spells from favored soul and arcane spells from wizard, does it increase the spells per day for both of them?

2) If I take the feat Mad Faith to have a cleric spell slot of lvl 3, since I'll only have 1 lvl of Favored Soul and that I only know 3 lvl 1 spells, do I have to fill this slots with a lvl 1 spell?

3) The Mad Faith feat give a spell slot for lvl 1 2 and 3. Do I have to take a divine spell that I know or it can come from any divine spell list?

Thanks for the information and have a nice day.

Quentinas
2020-03-26, 09:23 AM
For the first i think that by raw it affect even the favored soul spellcasting , but if i would be the DM i would only use the depravity score for the arcane spellcasting
As for the next two... i don't remember well but i think that because is a bonus slot, like the one gained by a good stat modifier, you don't gain the slot until you don't know how cast spell of the necessary level