PDA

View Full Version : DM Needs help!

Cowboy_ninja
2007-10-23, 07:16 PM
3 characters

1) 6cleric 6radiant servant of paylor armored head to toe in adamantine
2) 12duskblade w/ AC in 30's
3) 3swash-4fighter (leap attack tree)-5Wiz(trans) with a blink dog familiar who pumps his dex and int for more dmg

i need ideas. i know that blink dog will be a pain. demension door at will while carrying touch spells.

anyway back to ideas:

an egocentric villan practically declares war on a city and gives 3 days to those who wish to evacuate.

so im guessing some tampede (people rushing to leave the city) encounters but what can go wrong with an evacutation that is worth the time of a few lvl 12's?

-i also think looting would be a biggie. but again making it worthy of lvl 12's.

could i bounce ideas of you guys?

Kurald Galain
2007-10-23, 07:32 PM
3) 3swash-4fighter (leap attack tree)-5Wiz(trans)

You are, I hope, aware that this is not even remotely a suitable gish build, blink dog notwithstanding, and that he will be consistently upstaged by the cleric (with 6th level spells compared to his 3rd) and the duskblade (who nova strikes for more dice than you can count).

What can go wrong with an evac? Have you ever tried getting two dozen people to move in the same direction? Now try two thousand. Right. That can go wrong.

cupkeyk
2007-10-23, 08:02 PM
There is a template for mobs, basically humanoid swarms. have the party keep the mobs from killing each other. Wheeeee

Atanuero
2007-10-23, 08:24 PM
Here's an idea: there's a really pathological mage with a very high CR that resides in the city. He, for some reason known only to himself, really wants out before the war begins. At the exact time that the greatest concentration of people attempts to get out, he flies above them, blasting anything and everything out of his way in a mad rush to get out. The less Wisdom he has, the better. :smallamused:

Here's another: for some reason, a large amount of soldiers (or militiamen) that are needed for defense decide to leave with their families. Think over a thousand Warrior 1-4s. The PCs have to get them to stay, and fight, as well as prevent morale problems as they (the soldiers) try to get everyone else to leave with them.

Also: your BBEG's army (he has an army right?) cuts off supply lines, right in the middle of harvest season (or winter, or a really hot summer). Have the PCs go on a mini-adventure where they have to protect the caravan of supplies against huge numbers of whatever the BBEG has, or the BBEG himself.
If you're feeling really mean, have the city be already under attack when the PCs return, and the gate is besieged. So not only did the PCs lead enemy reinforcements right to the city, but they may very well be stuck outside the walls with valuable supplies and a slow-moving caravan surrounded by a very large amount of enemies.