PDA

View Full Version : making a magical campsite

Noxangelo
2020-03-26, 09:55 AM
I vaguely remember a spell or magic item that created a whole campsite, two tents and a campfire (may also have been hidden), but i cannot for the life of me find it. my google fu is failing me and trawling through source books is time consuming, especially when one keeps getting distracted by shiny objects.

So does anyone here know of it or something similar like the survival pouch?

liquidformat
2020-03-26, 10:13 AM
well off the top of my head there is Secure Shelter (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/secureShelter.htm), Mage’s Magnificent Mansion (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesMagnificentMansion.htm), and Rope Trick (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ropeTrick.htm) though not sure if that is what you are talking about....

Noxangelo
2020-03-26, 10:14 AM
Not quite, it actually made two tents and a fire if I remember correctly.

Telonius
2020-03-26, 10:30 AM
Daern's Instant Tent, maybe? It's an item from MIC.

Malphegor
2020-03-26, 10:42 AM
I think you're looking for Daern's Instant Tent, is a magic item from the magic item compendium, when activated, the strip of canvas grows to become 20ft square tent, with the leomund's tiny hut spell effects within for temperature, that has cots for eight medium creatures, and a firepit with a smoke hole, all for the relatively cheap price of 9,000 goats, or gold in normal trading regions.

But wait! That's not all! Buy now, and this tent comes included with resistance to electricity, fire, and acid, not to mention a complete immunity to cold, making it the perfect tool, and perhaps even slightly cumbersome armour of sorts if you can pick up a 20ft canvas structure with beds inside for when you're travelling to the distant mountains upon which white dragons make their icy home!

(Disclaimer: Daern's Instant Tent and the Daern's Magic Items Corp is not responsible for any death from cold creatures that just punch you instead of using their icy attacks on you and your tent)

edit: swordsaged! by 10 minutes because I was stuck at work while writing this so had to stop halfway through!

Khedrac
2020-03-26, 10:53 AM
Also check out the Portable Oasis from the MIC which is one tent, a date palm, a campfire and a pool of water.

The RP opportunities are endless - "please can anyone swap their tasteless gruel for some dates? I am so sick of dates...."
(The 1 day's rations are in the form of dates.)

Thurbane
2020-03-26, 04:28 PM
In addition to what's already been mentioned, the Survival Pouch (MIC p.187; 3,300gp) is great for this kind of thing.

Five times/day you can reach in and pull out any of the following:

One day's trail rations
A full two gallon waterskin
A tent + two bedrolls
Fifty foot coil of hemp rope
A shovel
A campfire
A +1 Str adjusted shortbow + twenty arrows
A mule complete with bit, bridle and saddlebags

denthor
2020-03-26, 10:24 PM
Tiny hut provides a shelter warm inside with light. Privacy by not allowing things to see inside and you can still see out. Can not be destroyed except by 75 mile an hour wind.

Great camping spell. 3rd level