PDA

View Full Version : Soul Music [Incarnum for Bards]

Maerok
2007-10-23, 07:21 PM
Azure Tune [Incarnum]
Your melodies are infused with the soul energy of bards long ago.
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Con 13
Benefit: Once per day, you may invest essentia into this feat. When you do, the range of your bardic music effects is extended by 5 feet per point of essentia. When the effect would normally end as you stop playing, it continues for one additional round per two points of essentia invested. You gain one point of essentia.

Soul Din
By expending your soulmelds, you can unleash the energy of your music.
Prerequisites: Bardic music, able to shape soulmelds
Benefit: By unshaping one of your soulmelds as a standard action, you may activate a bardic music effect until the end of your next round; you do not need to concentrate to maintain the effect. If that soulmeld was bound to a chakra, the effect lasts for an additional round and all creatures in a ten-foot burst, including yourself, take 1d6 sonic damage as the energy is unleashed suddenly.

Inspire Incarnum [Class Feature Variant]
Your ability to inspire others draws up new life from the incarnum around you.
Lose: Inspire Courage
Gain: Instead of granting the normal bonuses, you grant you and your allies extra essentia equal to the listed bonus for inspire courage.

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-23, 07:41 PM
While I support what you're doing I also have suggestion for a better title. I think you should call it Soul Music.:smallwink: Doesn't that have a nice ring to it?

Maerok
2007-10-23, 08:36 PM
Battle of the puns...

ArmorArmadillo
2007-10-23, 08:37 PM
I love the concept, but Inspire Incarnum seems to be a bit unequal.

Your party members who use incarnum will be helped a huge amount, and those who are straight fighters or mages will get nothing out of it.

Maerok
2007-10-24, 08:21 AM
Well this is more intended for an Incarnum campaign where the wizard might go Soulcaster and the fighter might go Incandescent Champion, and there are always the other Incarnum feats to invest in.