PDA

View Full Version : Devotion Paladin lv4 feat suggestion

Fashionisdanger
2020-03-26, 11:55 AM
Hello! My tiefling Devotion Paladin has just found a belt of hill giant strength and has these stats:

21 (belt) 10 13 8 12 16

We are a party of two and I am taking most of the damage, after getting the defense style my priority is now rising up my CON. I am unsure about what feat to pick though! Resilient (Con) seem the best choice, working towards nigh unbreakable concentration, but I am kinda lured by Infernal constitution. Our campaign is featuring lots of fiends, and I think that both the choices would be very flavorful and useful.

What is your take on the matter?

DeTess
2020-03-26, 12:05 PM
In my experience, Paladins don't need resilient (con) as much because you get to add your CHA bonus to that check already, so if you're running into a lot of elemental damage, the extra resistances are very nice.

Keravath
2020-03-26, 12:19 PM
If you want to do more damage then Polearm Master is a good choice. This might be particularly useful if you find yourself taking a lot of damage ... the faster the opponents go down the more likely you are to survive. (It also combines well with the dueling fighting style since that would add two damage to every attack and at level 5 you would have three attacks). This improves by level 11 when you get improved divine smite but that is a long way down the road.

Resilient con might also be a good choice since it will bump your con to 14 giving you a few extra hit points and better con saves. You do get an aura at level 6 but depending on how important you find concentration on spells like bless the extra from proficiency in con saves might be worth the investment.

SLOTHRPG95
2020-03-26, 12:39 PM
I'd grab Infernal Constitution in this case. If you had more party members, then trying to keep concentration on things like Crusader's Mantle and various Aura spells could be important enough to grab Resilient (Con), but otherwise you should be good with the +5 you'll be sitting on at 6th level, which'll only go higher as you pump Charisma.