PDA

View Full Version : Bard Quests: I need a Music List

blackjack50
2020-03-28, 08:55 AM
So a friend is playing a bard. This person doesn’t really listen to music though. Some modern country and not much else. Like doesn’t really pay attention to songs. So. I want to throw some quests out that are based on songs. Here is what I have:

1) Devil Went Down ti Georgia
2) Devil Comes Back to Georgia
3) China Grove (a town and a sheriff and his buddies with Samurai swords lol)

Catullus64
2020-03-28, 09:02 AM
Could you make it clear what sort of advice you're looking for?

Do you want quests that are simply themed around existing real-world songs as a neat homage, or do you want music and song to be diegetic elements of the campaign itself?

If the former, you're friend's tastes are fortunate; country music is one of the few modern genres of popular American music in which musical storytelling is still prevalent.

blackjack50
2020-03-28, 11:08 AM
Could you make it clear what sort of advice you're looking for?

Do you want quests that are simply themed around existing real-world songs as a neat homage, or do you want music and song to be diegetic elements of the campaign itself?

If the former, you're friend's tastes are fortunate; country music is one of the few modern genres of popular American music in which musical storytelling is still prevalent.

The first thing sorry lol. Songs that would be fun quests as a homage to introduce someone to music

Gungor
2020-03-28, 11:27 AM
West Bound and Down.

Followed by

East Bound and Down.

In fact, you could do an entire quest which is very similar to the plot of Smokey and the Bandit: Local lord wants rare vintage brew from adjoining fiefdom. The fiefdom has strict tax/export laws leading to the character being pursued by law enforcement. And there's a time limit of course.

Or you can go with Smokey and the Bandit 2 an replace the brew with an elephant. Or an owlbear :smallbiggrin:.

JackPhoenix
2020-03-30, 12:18 PM
As something I was introduced to when I was starting with D&D, the entire Dragonslayer album from Dream Evil is D&D campaign material.