PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [PathFinder 1e] How to play a Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain?

Mythran
2020-03-28, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, just made a warpriest archer.
But I don't know exactly how to play him...
Can you guys give me some tips on what should I cast? How exactly weapon training is going to help me?
How can I boost his damage though the time?
Should I raise STR a bit instead of WIS?

I would like to give ya a link to my character sheet. So, its at tinyurl followed by "vz4lnq3"

Peelee
2020-03-28, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, just made a warpriest archer.
But I don't know exactly how to play him...
Can you guys give me some tips on what should I cast? How exactly weapon training is going to help me?
How can I boost his damage though the time?
Should I raise STR a bit instead of WIS?

I would like to give ya a link to my character sheet. So, its at tinyurl followed by "vz4lnq3"

Clickable link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs40qp320tofcga/Muldane.pdf?dl=0), for those interested. Cheers, Mythran!

Mythran
2020-03-28, 10:32 AM
thanks so much for the link, mate.
=)

Palanan
2020-03-28, 10:36 AM
How did you get two 18s at first level?! Either incredibly lucky rolls or a very generous point buy.

Also, I would suggest you add the Pathfinder tag to this post, to help clarify what system and lore you're working with.

Mythran
2020-03-28, 10:38 AM
25 points, its the standard in my group.

But since I will only be able to cast to 6th level spells, maybe would be better to decrease wis a little bit and raise STR...

Kurald Galain
2020-03-28, 02:56 PM
Since you're primarily an archer and not focusing on debuff spells, yes your wis can safely be lower than that. Normal wis for a warpriest is around 14, investing the rest in physical stats.

Try to get point blank, precise, and rapid shot; and deadly aim as early as possible. That should get your damage up to par. Weapon evoker mastery is another possible use, but generally speaking the warpriest has so many self buffs (and can swift-cast them) that his damage will be fine.

Mythran
2020-03-28, 06:22 PM
I just realized that you can't actually get advanced weapon training with this archetype.
Is it not better then to just play as a pure warpriest? or a pure fighter?
Whats the benefit of this archetype ?

Thunder999
2020-03-28, 09:56 PM
You don't lose a lot to take it, so even if you rule it doesn't qualify for advanced weapon training it's good.
Sacred armour is too short duration to prebuff and you will rarely have the swift actions free to use it mid fight.
Sacred weapon damage is nice, but takes a while to kick in and probably won't be as big of a damage boost as weapon training. If damage dice matter that much you can use an ioun stone to upgrade your longbow to an orc hornbow too.
Being stuck with war blessing isn't ideal, but there's worse blessing and not many deities that offer two good ones for an archer.