PDA

View Full Version : Odd Ways to Deal with Something

elyktsorb
2020-03-28, 12:32 PM
I was just reminded of the time my party was fighting an Invisible enemy, and none of us had any way to reveal the invisible person. Except for me, now the issue was, I was a Druid/Rogue. Which meant my spell save dc was garbo, so casting Faerie Fire wasn't going to work. So instead I Wild Shaped into a Giant Spider to point to where the invisible person was. I am curious to know if other people have similar 'well this was happening and this worked' scenarios.

nickl_2000
2020-03-28, 12:37 PM
Our party was facing a door with no visible locks, made of solid stone and effectively impossible to break down. We tried to find multiple ways to open it.

Then the sorcerer just cast enlarge/reduce on it to make the door much smaller allowing the entire group to just push it off it's hinges and walk through the doorway.

Man_Over_Game
2020-03-28, 02:53 PM
Invisible assassin trying to kill the local lord. He got in through the mansion's kitchen entrance before getting caught by our Ranger's silent alarm. Our Thief Rogue booked it to the area and used his Quick Hands to toss some nearby flour everywhere. Footprints revealed his location before the Rogue used his Action to throw more at the assassin. Assassin loses Surprise (no more crit-strike), is no longer Hidden, and I didn't even consider him Invisible by that point.

Sure, my invisible assassin was easily dealt with in like 2 rounds, but it was one of my proudest moments as a DM.

JakOfAllTirades
2020-03-28, 11:42 PM
I once had a Wizard character sinking in quicksand and I couldn't pull myself out. My party members were too far away to get me out in time, and I was in real trouble. So I cast Web, and got myself stuck in my own spell so I wouldn't sink any farther. The rest of the party arrived a couple of rounds later to haul me out.