PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Doppelganger simulacrum

Shinoskay
2020-03-29, 01:49 AM
Is there any precedence or rules for a magical item, or a custom magical item, that has the ability to allow its owner to make doppelganger simulacrums?

Segev
2020-03-29, 02:07 AM
I’m not sure why a doppelgänger simulacrum would be any different from making any other kind of simulacrum.

A scroll and a bit of doppelgänger flesh would do it.

Kurald Galain
2020-03-29, 02:54 AM
A scroll of Mirror Image or of Vomit Twin would do the trick, depending on how solid you need the sims to be.

Shinoskay
2020-03-29, 06:05 PM
I think you guys are asking about the normal simulacrum.

I'm talking about the alchemical simulacrum:

www d20pfsrd (com )/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-discoveries/doppelganger-simulacrum-su/

Segev
2020-03-29, 09:40 PM
It's a class feature, so...that'd be hard to get.

The closest precedent is the Ring of Evasion, which gives a rogue and monk class feature. A 2nd level feature.

Getting a 10th-level feature is likely to be very, very expensive. If allowable at all. What class are you?

Alexvrahr
2020-03-30, 12:11 AM
If you don't mind it lasting rounds/level the bilocation spell works similarly, and the clone spell has some of the effect. Those are 8th-9th level spells of course and will be a bit pricy as magic items.

Project image has some of the effect too and is lower level.

Segev
2020-03-30, 11:00 AM
An astral projection (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/astralProjection.htm) spell has a similar net effect, though it costs a 9th level spell slot rather than 1000 gp.

A command-activated item of astral projection would be 9*17*1800 gp = 275,400 gp for at-will use. 1/day, it would be 55,080 gp. Since it lasts basically until you end it or your projected body dies, you can probably get away with even less activation. 1/week would be 7,869 gp. That should probably be frequently enough to be useful while being inexpensive enough to be affordable.

Make it a nice, big bed or sarcophogus that you huddle down into and fall asleep to activate it, and project yourself out and back into the desired plane.