PDA

View Full Version : Divisorchex multiclass

Beefstrider
2020-03-29, 03:06 AM
Dont know if this has been covered somewhere else, but this build sounds fun to me:
Hexblade 2, divine sorc x.
I guess any race can work, but half elf looks good, as usual.

The general idea is to use eldritch blast to pull enemies into my spirit guardians and whack them with my spiritual weapon while they are in there, just to add insult to injury.
Divine sorc lets me use cha stat for the cleric spells.

Medium armor and shield from hexblade would be important, aswell as shield spell and absorb elements as hp and dex save would be rather low.

RP wise i am seeing him as "The Spiritualist" either a charlatan who claims to be communicating with peoples dead relatives, or the real deal, if you're into that sort of thing.

What i am wondering is if there are any obvious flaws in this build, or cool synergies to be made.

My first post on the forum, after being a stalker for many years. Be nice

Chronos
2020-03-29, 07:00 AM
One of the cool synergies is that if the sum of your digits is a multiple of 3 or of 9, so are you.

(you did want divisor chex, right? :smalltongue:)

But seriously, one trick that you may or may not have already known is that you can push and pull with the same casting of Eldritch Blast. So if enemies stay in the area to avoid being pulled in, you can push them out and pull them back in anyway.

And if you're going this route, you might want to take Create Bonfire as one of your cantrips, for similar tactics when you don't want to blow a slot on Spirit Guardians.

Bobthewizard
2020-03-29, 07:26 AM
It's usually called a Sorlock on here. It's a powerful class and hard to mess up.

Here's a guide (https://www.enworld.org/threads/guide-the-sorlock-–-guide-to-the-tormented-divine-soul-with-xanathars-divine-soul-17-hexblade-3.596310/) for it.

And here's a good video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYeXSSQxxv4).

Corran
2020-03-29, 08:47 AM
You might want to get the crossbow expert feat. Your ranged attacks (like EB) suffer disadvantage if you have enemies next to you (regardless of whom you'll target with them), and planning to use spirit guardians means that it is very likely that you'll have enemies next to you often. The crossbow expert feat basically will cancel that disadvantage on attacks.

Another way to go about it, is to replace spirit guardians with something like wall of fire, Evard's black tentacles, web, etc, and also replace the invocation that allows eldritch blast to pull with the one that allows to push (ie repelling blast; note that repelling blast, unlike similar invocations that modify EB, allows to push multiple times per turn; so for example, at level 11 when your EB will have 3 bolts/beams, if all 3 hit, then you could push with each one of them, while the other similar invocations restrict you to once per turn regardless of how many beams your EB has). This obviously favors a ranged playstyle more, in which case, replacing the divine soul origin with the shadow origin would be very useful, and that's because with the shadow origin you could try to get advantage on your EB attacks whenever you are shooting them from outside an enemy's darkvision's range (as a shadow sorc you'll have darkvision with a range of 120'). And you don't need to invest in the crossbow expert feat.