PDA

View Full Version : Journal Campaign Journal How To?

MesiDoomstalker
2020-03-30, 12:31 AM
I have a campaign starting tomorrow that a number of people are very interested in hearing about so I thought a Campaign Journal would be appropriate. Problem; I have no idea how to do such a thing. Whats the format? What do you include?

Galithar
2020-03-30, 02:42 AM
It can vary a lot. I am currently writing one that I basically just format as my actual characters journal. I write is as I would imagine my character would at the end of the day. This means it isn't always 100% factual. Occasionally I embellish things, other times I may omit something that my character didn't find interesting (even if as a player I did). The same goes for things my character wouldn't have knowledge of. I don't detail what the rogue sees when they scout ahead unless they come back and give a detailed explanation of what they saw AND it's interesting.

For format I use a site called Wix and format it like a Blog. Each blog post is one "chapter" (session). It's free and you don't have to worry about running into character limits or double posting like you would on a forum. However, that also means that unless people are dedicated to checking and reading it they won't just stumble on it in the forums. Since mine is mostly for myself that isn't an issue for me.

A link to my journal if you're interested. (https://cwbaker92093.wixsite.com/adventuresofeliaskra) I only have one session and my backstory up so far, but session 2 is almost done and will be posted soon.