PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What Is The Strongest Build

Allistar
2020-03-30, 05:08 AM
There are many many many ways to make a very powerful character in pathfinder, but what are the strongest builds of the format. Specifically I知 interested in the different combat styles (melee, long range, control magic, etc.). What does the best wizard look like in comparison to the strongest barbarian, ranger, or gunslinger. I know Zenith games have a collection, but I知 not sure how up to date those are.

Also, yes I know there are millions upon millions of ways to build a character and no one build is the best at everything (and that stats aren't a substitute for interesting RP or personal story). I know certain builds can derail a game if not handled with care. I know what I'm getting into, but I am still very curious as to what these top tier builds look like and how insanely strong they are when compared to the build of a new player.

Kurald Galain
2020-03-30, 06:53 AM
This thread (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mhpi) has a solid comparison at level 10 (because this is a more relevant comparison point than level 20).

exelsisxax
2020-03-30, 07:53 AM
Painter wizard is the strongest build, because nothing can be as strong as something that can also make CR 20+ permanent minions that can also do anything those other builds can do. It's basically PF's pun-pun.

magwaaf
2020-05-01, 06:02 PM
dunno how it is these days but for decades it was called 20 levels of wizard lol