PDA

View Full Version : Wild Shape Advancing Classes?

Temp
2007-10-23, 10:07 PM
A couple days ago, my group met to begin our next big campaign. Unfortunately, life found a way to foil our good intentions. We ended up getting about half-way through character creation and of the four other players, there are going to be a Cleric, a Druid, a Beguiler and a Crusader. They all rolled very well on their characters (their average was 36 point-buy) and they all are competent as far as optimization is concerned.

I, on the other hand, was able to roll what comes out to 7 point buy with an 11 as my highest ability score. The DM offered a reroll, which I dramatically turned down (the women swooned, the children cheered and the men balked at the sight of such a daring act). My idea is to disregard ability rolls by going with Wild Shape Ranger (well, actually a Barbarian with an obscene number of variants, but for all our purposes, WS Ranger)/Master of Many Forms/Something else.

Needless background aside:

I thought I'd use Warshaper to fill the extra levels, but it doesn't actually advance the HD of Wild Shape forms. I was wondering what classes do.

Off my head I can think of Arcane Heirophant, Nature's Warrior, Daggerspell Shaper (which on second glance, doesn't actually advance Wild Shape beyond durations... maybe it was released before the HD limits?) and that's really about it.

So what other options are there?

TimeWizard
2007-10-23, 10:32 PM
Lord of the Flies, I mean, uh, Swarm Lord. Essentially its MoMF for swarms with a movement ability thrown in.

Thinker
2007-10-23, 11:00 PM
A couple days ago, my group met to begin our next big campaign. Unfortunately, life found a way to foil our good intentions. We ended up getting about half-way through character creation and of the four other players, there are going to be a Cleric, a Druid, a Beguiler and a Crusader. They all rolled very well on their characters (their average was 36 point-buy) and they all are competent as far as optimization is concerned.

I, on the other hand, was able to roll what comes out to 7 point buy with an 11 as my highest ability score. The DM offered a reroll, which I dramatically turned down (the women swooned, the children cheered and the men balked at the sight of such a daring act). My idea is to disregard ability rolls by going with Wild Shape Ranger (well, actually a Barbarian with an obscene number of variants, but for all our purposes, WS Ranger)/Master of Many Forms/Something else.

Needless background aside:

I thought I'd use Warshaper to fill the extra levels, but it doesn't actually advance the HD of Wild Shape forms. I was wondering what classes do.

Off my head I can think of Arcane Heirophant, Nature's Warrior, Daggerspell Shaper (which on second glance, doesn't actually advance Wild Shape beyond durations... maybe it was released before the HD limits?) and that's really about it.

So what other options are there?

If you are going to be a good character you can look into being Exalted and play a Lion of Talisid (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/prestige2.pl?Lion_of_Talisid). It gets Wild Shape up to Large size.

deadseashoals
2007-10-24, 05:56 AM
Planar Shepherd from Faiths of Eberron, but it's one of the most cheesiest PrCs ever created. Full casting, advances Wild Shape HD and size, and you get to pick a plane and wild shape into templated magical beasts and outsiders native to that plane and acquire their supernatural, extraordinary, and spell-like abilities. It's got other broken abilities too.