PDA

View Full Version : Strange Aeons 2: The Thrushmoor Terror [IC]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

digiman619
2020-10-16, 01:37 PM
Flair sighed and lowered his bowl. "We're fine! Don't worry!" Flair called back to his teammates, taking the time to tepe them on how the slat was sealed. He turned to his host. "Sorry. They worry." He looked at his bowl for a second before taking a breath and looked back at his host. "Please don't take offense if your stew is too powerful my frail human stomach, though." And with a deep exhale he covered as cooling the stew, he took a sip of the vile concoction.

"He hammered an antler into the side of the stone to hold it in place. Focus your attacks there. Once that's dealt with, it is imperative that you stop him from blocking the entrance to the cave. Once we're past you, hold it off long enough for us to climb up. Use the slat as a shield if you can."

"I can't believe I'm doing this. @#$%."

If this calls for a Fort save, use my 1/round INT to save.

Blackhawk101
2020-10-16, 03:11 PM
Brother Jaume will target the area of the barricade near the lock with a series of enlarged kicks.

Full Attack, PA, enlarge, Flurry of blows, spend Ki point for additional attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

lostsole31
2020-10-16, 07:38 PM
Brother Jaume ki-enhances himself, grows, and then punches the hard wooden screen only for his fist to hit him in the center of the forehead .... dazing him!Which means he also is effectively insensate and unable to communicate
Meanwhile, inside .... Maeni's not wrong, it does actually smell good.

Flair, you take a taste and .... sonofabitch .... it is actually delicious. Like, this marsh guy really seems to know his way around marsh herbs and the like. You don't have to roll a Fort save at all. Fresh meat, along with some recently procured tubers and root vegetables and simple-plant-based spices, and this is delicious, gods be damned. It is good.

Marsh Tritrion ignores the single loud pound on the door on the other side, ladles stew into a bowl and hands it out to Maeni.

Jens, what do you do?

bcool999
2020-10-16, 07:49 PM
Jens

Jens will just wait for his bowl.

lostsole31
2020-10-16, 07:52 PM
A tepe comes in from Dorn..."So, Brother Jaume just pinged himself in the head on a blowback from punching the screen. He's gonna need a few."
Maeni, do you take your bowl and eat?

digiman619
2020-10-17, 08:20 AM
Flair tepes back to his friends and takes another sip. While Flair doesn't say anything, he does make 'this food is tasty' noises of appreciation.
"Hurry. I can only take so long to sip at this stew and I really don't want to be forced to eat the meat itself."

silphael
2020-10-17, 10:34 AM
Maeni grabs a bowl and starts eating as well.

lostsole31
2020-10-17, 02:51 PM
As you said .... Maeni "eats" and not just "sips." Oh, gods ...... so, good. And you know you are eating meat that anyone else would balk at having, but it is so delicious. So, sooo delicious.

Marsh Tritrion ladles out a bowl for Jens and hands it out for Jens to take.

Jens, what do you do?

bcool999
2020-10-18, 10:18 PM
Jens

Jens will eat.

lostsole31
2020-10-18, 10:57 PM
Jens .... as discussed for the others .... this is amazing stew. The meat is perfectly seasoned, but not too saturated, either.

Just as Brother Jaume is finally shaking off his dazed condition, Saint Dorn is tepeing in ..."I haven't heard anything. Brother Jaume is just coming out of having bopped himself accidentally. How are you? Are you okay? I haven't heard anything."

digiman619
2020-10-19, 12:50 PM
Flair continues sipping, tepeing to his teammates.
Ask if we're okay again and keep hitting it. I need to get upset that you're disturbing breakfast to try and get up to help.

Blackhawk101
2020-10-20, 04:50 AM
Once BJ recovers his senses, he Tepes.

“I am Good now. I must not be fully recovered from the spore poison. You alright?”

BJ lines up to kick again.

Enlarge. FA, Flurry of blows, PA, spend Ki point for additional attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

lostsole31
2020-10-20, 11:00 PM
Marsh Tritrion stays where he is which is now between the cauldron and the alchemy set on the eastern wall and says, "He really wants to get in, doesn't he?"

Brother Jaume, you Kool-Aid man through the door with the third and final strike before shrinking back down. You and Brother Dorn go in to find all three of your party members sipping from the stew bowl, even chewing. You get the solid sensation that whether or not any of them try to hide it, all three of them might be bothered by the experience, but otherwise seem to enjoy the taste of what they eat.

Marsh Tritrion, now leaning against his standing gaff in his hand more like a warning smile, says, "Very good. You may all leave .... but free to stay to finish your stew, of course. You've all started, so waste not, right? Feel free to collect any of the delicious fungus in the western cave past this cave's entrance, since Daridela will no longer be tending the fungus garden and it will probably not fare well without a druid to see to it."

digiman619
2020-10-20, 11:15 PM
Flair will drink the remainder of the broth before putting his bowl down. "Thank you very much for your hospitality; the stew was delicious." He then gets up, bows again to his host and exits the cave, doing his best to stay calm.

"Okay, he's letting us go. Let's get to the boat before he changes his mind."

lostsole31
2020-10-20, 11:32 PM
Saint Dorn eyes the giant warily..."I care not to root for fungi, but to be done with this place."

bcool999
2020-10-21, 12:34 AM
Jens

Seeing Flair ready to go, Jens will put down the remaining unquestionably delicious, questionable stew and move to leave with the rest.

Try to keep me updated if you develop any symptoms. If the meat is what we fear it was a whole plethora of disease can be transmitted. Still a better alternative to having a gaff shoved through your throat.

silphael
2020-10-22, 10:44 AM
Having finished her bowl, Maeni goes out of the cave after thanking the giant... and keeping him in sight.

lostsole31
2020-10-25, 05:12 PM
Does the party mess around with fungus in the western cave as Marsh Tritrion mentioned, or just leave the grotto and wait for the boat?

digiman619
2020-10-25, 05:19 PM
Flair considers looking at the mushrooms, but decides that they've had enough ambushes for the day and decides to wait for the boat instead.

lostsole31
2020-10-25, 05:23 PM
... but the cave in there is dark, and he thinks the better of bothering his tired and possibly traumatized fellows for a light source, and recommends they just go to rendezvous with the boat.

Jens, Brother Jaume, Maeni .... do you likewise ignore the cave and recommend just heading to the boat?

Blackhawk101
2020-10-26, 02:03 PM
BJ (sporting a large red welt on his forehead) is never one to pass up fresh produce.....but then again who knows what kind of fungus the witch was growing.
“Let us make haste to the boat, my friends!”

bcool999
2020-10-26, 02:45 PM
Jens

Considering that Jens would rather not explore alone in the dark, and others are quite uninterested in the fungi, Jens will make his way out of the cave and to the climb back to the beach.

lostsole31
2020-10-26, 08:42 PM
Maeni, you are actually knowledgeable of certain Darklands-specific fungi (not fungi in general), which you are pretty sure is a main staple of food for those below the surface. Are you the one dissenting voice wanting to check out the fungi, or do you go with the rest to try to climb out of the depressed grotto to hopefully rendezvous with the fishing boat?

silphael
2020-10-27, 04:11 AM
Maeni won't say a thing about those fungi.

lostsole31
2020-10-28, 11:48 PM
Okay, so now the fun getting out of the grotto ....

Either a very difficult Climb check, or more nimble PCs can step or hop from rock-to-rock and end up safely in front outside of the "bowl" of the depressed grotto.

Who does what, in what order, and how?

bcool999
2020-10-28, 11:59 PM
Jens

Stepping forward, Jens calls on his connection to the Earth and attempts the ascent.

Attempt to Earth Climb the wall, take 10 for 25.

digiman619
2020-10-29, 12:02 AM
Flair blinks as he looks at the two ways out. "The rocky path is our best bet. I doubt I could take the vertical path, even if I had proper supplies." He then sees Jens use his earthen powers to ascend the slope. "Yeah, I can't do that, so I'll go the other way."

Take 10 to go over the rocky path for a 17

lostsole31
2020-10-29, 12:14 AM
Jens' ascension is very easy. Flair's way via the path is challenging, but he makes it.

Dorn looks to Brother Jaume and Maeni. "I will not go until the two of you are safely up, so that I may be here to heal you if you fall .... and because if the marsh giant decides to attack after all, I will stand first."

Brother Jaume? Maeni?

digiman619
2020-10-29, 04:46 AM
Flair turns to Jens. "Do you think you can ferry the rest up?"

bcool999
2020-10-29, 01:41 PM
Jens

Hearing Flair’s question, Jens looks to his skinny arms and says, ”Maybe Maeni? Depending on how much she weighs and I won’t be asking that. If it was over level ground I feel I could drag them a fair distance, but up a wall? You are making me question your supposed intelligence.”

Blackhawk101
2020-10-29, 01:55 PM
“Can someone craft a rope from the vegetation here?”asks The portly friar hopefully.

lostsole31
2020-10-29, 02:10 PM
"Take this as a challenge, and opportunity to grow through trial," says Dorn. "You can make it up there without changing anything about yourself. I believe in you. Just don't try to go too quickly."

silphael
2020-10-29, 03:08 PM
"Once up there, I should be able to help carry up brother Jaume with a rope. I'm not really good at climbing, though."

Before trying to climb, she'll cast Guidance.

[roll0]

Blackhawk101
2020-10-29, 07:23 PM
Not trusting himself to the trial posed by the rock hopping obstacle course, he tosses his staff up and tries to climb the wall.

Climb check
[roll0]

digiman619
2020-10-29, 07:54 PM
Flair leaned down to help anyone climbing up the final stretch. "Well, it's worth a shot. If nothing else, you should at least head down there to get her rope; we can use that to drag her up if nothing else."

bcool999
2020-10-29, 08:56 PM
Jens

Feeling somewhat abashed Jens says quietly for Flair to hear, ”If I knew we had rope I would have grabbed that before climbing up here.”

Over the collective Jens sends a message so he doesn’t need to shout down.
I am coming back down. I can grab the rope and either find an anchor above or me and Flair can work together to anchor it.

With that Jens will descend once more to collect equipment.

Earth Climb taking 10 for 25

lostsole31
2020-10-29, 11:01 PM
"Once up there, I should be able to help carry up brother Jaume with a rope. I'm not really good at climbing, though."
With the very worst luck, Maeni performs awfully and bounces on rocks for 5 before she spluts at the bottom. Meanwhile...

Not trusting himself to the trial posed by the rock hopping obstacle course, he tosses his staff up and tries to climb the wall.Brother Jaume climbs up like a fricking champ!!!!

Flair leaned down to help anyone climbing up the final stretch. "Well, it's worth a shot. If nothing else, you should at least head down there to get her rope; we can use that to drag her up if nothing else."

Feeling somewhat abashed Jens says quietly for Flair to hear, ”If I knew we had rope I would have grabbed that before climbing up here.”

Over the collective Jens sends a message so he doesn’t need to shout down. I am coming back down. I can grab the rope and either find an anchor above or me and Flair can work together to anchor it.

With that Jens will descend once more to collect equipment..... and he does so easily. He also notes that Brother Jaume left his quarterstaff down here, though he might not have meant to.

Saint Dorn has 50' of rope himself he can give to the effort to more than safely tie off Maeni and have her handed up.

Jens can then easily earth climb up, and Brother Jaume and the others can bring up Maeni.

While that is happening, Dorn will pick up Brother Jaume's staff and use it as a funambulist's pole for himself, giving a prayer to the Dwarffather .... and he easily bounds up the rocky path.

All are up here, and Tolin says, "Good morning. Lots of people wondering if you'd even last the night here." He looks at the party, including a bad abrasion (fresh) on Maeni's hands and elbow. "Not that it looks like it was easy. Alright, with five of you .... that will be 10 silver."

digiman619
2020-10-30, 01:01 AM
It was then Flair realized that they had left the gold at the campsite. For a good second or two he was furious, but he quickly decided that he'd rather have his life than the gold. He reached into his coin purse and gave the man his remaining three silver. He then made his way to the boat, his frustration clear in his body language.

bcool999
2020-10-30, 01:24 AM
Jens

Seeing Flair about to storm off, Jens tries to stop him by speaking to him over the collective. ”Flair wait a moment. Earlier you said that we couldn’t take that Marsh Triton with our reserves expended. But how about after we prepare ourselves? We have high ground advantage out here from the cave. Perhaps we could beat it and recollect out belongings and more?”

digiman619
2020-10-30, 01:55 AM
Flair paused and waited for the rest of the party to pay their fare. He tepe'd in response, his tone utterly dejected.

It's a lost cause. First things first, we still have wounded. Secondly, getting our resources together would take at least an hour, maybe 2, and there's no way in hell our ferryman would wait for us that long. Third, not all of us have a viable ranged option; I'm all but useless at range right now. And fourth, even if we were fully healed and readied AND had the ranged spells and weapons we 'd need AND could pull him into an advantaged position here, he can just head to the water and swim away. And that's assuming he doesn't just climb the cliff and eat our faces off. Our best bet is to come back in a day or two and hope he didn't take our stuff when he left.

Blackhawk101
2020-10-30, 01:42 PM
Brother Jaume pats his thread bare homespun robes.
“We left in such a rush we left all our belongings. Give your rope Dorn and my staff. I shall climb down and fetch our belongings.”
He speaks to the ferryman, “We shall pay you double to wait until we collect our gear.”

digiman619
2020-10-30, 04:07 PM
Flair bit his lip, but said nothing, instead sending a tepe instead.
Jaume, this is a bad idea. He let us go once. You are putting yourself entirely at his whim, without a group of four other people to back you up. If he decides you're better off as lunch than as a guest, he will kill you. Violently. And there will be nothing we can do to save you, because we're still completely tapped and wounded. Let's come back tomorrow and recover what he left. Don't throw your life away.

bcool999
2020-10-30, 06:50 PM
Jens

Giving Flair an exasperated look, Jens will message the collective once more.

The problem Flair is that we may be unable to even pay the fair to leave this place. I myself have nothing but the clothes on my back. Coming back tomorrow also would require funds we don’t have. Not to mention money to ensure we have a place to sleep tonight. Unless you want to sleep in an alleyway and wake up to yet another unexpected guest? I am tired of the world taking cheap shots at me. Of going against things that overwhelm me. I want, no, Need a win that is more substantial than murdering a woman in her alchemy lair.

lostsole31
2020-10-30, 10:40 PM
Flair, who didn't have a pouch but just his boots where he kept his silver coins, pays Tolin.

Then, there are the words said by Brother Jaume, but mostly a whole lot of people looking intently at each other.

Dorn withholds his rope, and even Brother Jaume's staff, shaking his head slowly.

Meanwhile, Tolin says, "Hey, where is all your equipment and stuff? Can you pay, or am I asking Ms. Wrentz to just put this on your bill of expenses?"

digiman619
2020-10-30, 11:38 PM
Flair shoots a look at Jens before looking at Jaume one last time.
'Is your "win" worth Jaume's life? Because if the giant's still there when he goes back, he will die. The giant only let us go because we played along with its sick game and that with all five of us there, we weren't worth the trouble. Neither of those will apply now.' He paused, looking at Jaume. 'If you're going to do this, make me a promise. Approach as stealthfully as you can. If the giant's still in there, run on back and we'll put it on our tab. Don't be stupid."

Blackhawk101
2020-10-31, 07:19 AM
“If you all are OK with loosing the funds we received from the artist , the coins in the witch’s chest and all our meager belongings then we should go. The giant hasn’t left the cave, yet. There is no guarantee that the giant will remain with our things if we leave. I will pray to Erastil for aid and I will be basically at full strength. I think that it is worth the risk but I will concede to the group’s decision.”

digiman619
2020-10-31, 10:00 PM
Flair motions to Tolin to stop. "Give us a minute." He then turned to the rest of the party, sending a mental message.
"Jaume, you're still sick. Meani's still hurt. None of us have been able to recover our strength since last night. The giant let us go because we played along and that amused him. He won't be in such a good mood if we try to take our stuff back. Remember how he reacted when we told him how we killed the druid? 'To the victor goes the spoils'. Meekly coming back to get what we forgot won't fly with him.

Chances are good that he doesn't live here and will depart by day's end. If that's the case, he likely won't bother with the gold or our things; he 'doesn't care about that fancy stuff', after all. But if it does come to combat, we are defenseless. Better we go back into town and owe our employer a bit before coming back tomorrow, ready to strike.

Yes, this is disheartening and yes, it's possible that he decides to take our stuff and leave. But we are operating from a position of extreme weakness and our odds of success lay entirely at the giant's whim. We got lucky once. I am not willing to send Jaume off to his likely death on the off chance that the cannibal will decide to not eat the weakened, unarmed, lone man walking past him and taking his stuff back."

silphael
2020-11-01, 07:44 AM
"No. We aren't defenseless. For those of us that use armor, I can replace that, at least for today. If we take time to prepare our spells, what remains of our wounds is a non issue."

Looking at the ferryman, she asks :

"How long could you wait here ?"

Blackhawk101
2020-11-01, 08:49 AM
“Well that is three votes in favor and two dissenting. Look’s like we are going back in. Dorn my staff if you please.”

BJ looks to the ferryman.
“Will you wait a couple more hours for double? We were in such a hurry to meet you we left our belongings below. Some of us need to rest before attempting that climb again.”

silphael
2020-11-01, 11:06 AM
"No. For that we would need unanimity or a consensus. We wait another day."

digiman619
2020-11-01, 11:28 AM
Flair walked closer to the boat, beckoning the others to follow him. He'd wait for Tolin's decision, but one way or the other, he was leaving this island.
This is suicide, and I will not be party to it. Anyone who wants to live, come with me.

Blackhawk101
2020-11-01, 12:28 PM
BJ shrugs and heads for the boat. He is used to being penniless after all. He smiles at Flair.

“Flair, what do know of this giant that has you so sure that we could not face it? Have you fought its like before? I am just curious. I do not doubt you.”

digiman619
2020-11-01, 05:42 PM
Flair teped to Jaume, and then to the rest of the party.
"Their skin is as tough as plate mail. They can lift a literal ton over their head. They hit hard enough to kill an untrained man outright with a single blow, and can throw massive rocks at you from a furlough away."

He paused slightly before addressing the rest of the party. "And that makes 3 in favor of leaving. Unless you want to go down there yourself, Jens, we are getting on this boat and coming back in a day or two. Marsh giants are famous for not caring about loot. At worst he'll bury it and take something that looks magical, but seeing as we don't really have any of those, he won't care and will almost certainly head on off; this island is far too sandy for him to have a permanent dwelling here."

bcool999
2020-11-02, 12:20 AM
Jens

Finally hearing the details of the beasts prowess, Jens is convinced that petty vengeance will not be theirs this day. He heads to the boat with a final message on the matter sent through the collective.
Very well. Let us away. I was hoping that the creature’s strength could be overcome by our collective might and using the terrain to our advantage, but it seems I was mistaken. Let us go and report our minor success in killing a supposed witch.

lostsole31
2020-11-02, 12:39 AM
Tolin, for his part, definitely would not have taken double. You are cutting into his fishing time, and "double" is a poor amount. In fact, it is already a poor investment, but he already committed to this.

The party gets into the boat, and begins their journey out. There is plenty of chop and the wind is bridling today, and anyone who thinks their PC might be prone to seasickness will feel that way. Brother Jaume, regardless of whether or not would normally have sea legs, definitely is counted among those.

Finally, Tolin will deliver the battered heroes to Thrushmoor.

digiman619
2020-11-02, 02:00 AM
At some point during the trip back, Flair threw up, though he had intended to regardless. Now back in town and with the accursed meal no longer in his stomach, he turns back to the party.
"Okay. I think our first course of action is to head back to the inn and finish our daily preparations. Afterwards, we really should go back to Ms. Wrentz and report what we saw. We'll requisition some supplies and spending cash and begin preliminary investigations into this Melisenn person. Then in the morning, we hire another boat out there to recover our lost goods.

Any objections?"

lostsole31
2020-11-02, 03:09 AM
Dorn shakes his head, going to his room that he shares with Brother Jaume to begin his preparations.
(Flair and Jens share a room, then Maeni has a room of her own.)

Everyone else? Be sure to tell me if you make changes to your normal lineup, please.

bcool999
2020-11-02, 11:06 AM
Jens

Jens goes into meditation shortly after returning to the inn room. He switches his powers away from combat and closer to healing and sustaining the group.

Switching my powers known for the day. Preparing Resist Toxin and Sustenance. To replace Collapse and Animal Affinity.

Blackhawk101
2020-11-02, 12:24 PM
Brother Jaume will exercise and pray. There is no change to his spell list. He does ask Dorn for his staff back.

digiman619
2020-11-02, 05:03 PM
When Flair enters his room, he lies on the bed for a few minutes, letting his recent setbacks. What he wouldn't give for a hot bath about now, but this inn didn't have anything nearly that fancy on tap. He then began the slow process of drawing out the sigils for the spirits he was to bind, he went over the events once more in his mind.

He'd warned Jaume to get out of the spore cloud, but he was too busy fighting the wolves until it was too late. Even if he'd ran in there to help, he wasn't going to be nearly as effective with fighting that thing and they risk losing two teammates.

He'd helped Jens save Jaume, but he'd had enough teammates die on him to find that option to be appealing. And there was no way to know they should get off island because the giant would be there in the morning.

He'd decided to stay for the evening, but getting Jaume up that cliff face would have been nigh impossible without additionally harming him. And again, there was no evidence to suggest that the giant would find them in the morning.

He'd agreed with the plan to just put up the slat rather than keep watch, but keeping watch wouldn't have stopped the giant from coming, and depending on exactly when he arrived, they would have had hours to try and flee from it and doubtless some of them would have died.

He'd decided to talk his way out from the giant's breakfast rather than run, but they'd had enough difficulty getting over it without an angry giant running them down. That and with both having injured and being caught with their metaphorical pants down there was no way they could take the giant in a fight.

He'd eaten the stew, but acting like a proper guest was his only way out of that cave. It was entirely possible that he'd only eaten the wolf meat (and that's what he intended to tell his employer), but he was pretty sure what it really was. He was also done with stews, but that was neither here nor there.

He'd left the breakfast without gathering his things, but frankly he was surprised that his plan had actually worked and didn't want to risk it. Likewise he'd refused to let Jaume back to retrieve their things, but he wasn't going to risk his life on a giant's whim.

Honestly, the only part of the whole mess he felt truly to blame for was the loss of material. But he would want to talk to Winter at some point to get a second opinion. as people are often wont to justify their actions to themselves. But back to the matter at hand. With the two seals finally drawn, he began the rituals proper. He chose Urbo and Milo, the prior as to patch up any wounded the still had without wasting spells, and the latter as they might need to do some investigation into their lost lead. The first one Flair summoned went perfectly, getting tis capstone without issue. The second one, the easier of the two, was bound fine, but the capstone eluded him. The implications of that bugged him slightly, but he pressed on, ready to meet with his teammates.

lostsole31
2020-11-05, 03:37 AM
Everyone having finished their various prayers, meditations, studies, and combat drills, the group reconvenes together. Brother Jaume, having been given his staff well beforehand, enjoys the heft and comfort of the wood and the grain in his hands.

What now?

silphael
2020-11-05, 04:43 AM
Once ready and gathered, Maeni asks :

"So. What lead can we still follow before going back to the cave ?"

lostsole31
2020-11-05, 04:50 AM
"We have a name - Melisenn - but not the evidence," says Dorn. "Perhaps we should check in with Ms. Wrentz at the Sleepless before going off half-roostered."*

[EDITOR: * = Because even basic frackin' English is edited out. Le sigh. :sigh:

digiman619
2020-11-05, 11:13 AM
"That was the next stop I had in mind." Flair said, nodding. "Once we give her the details of what occurred, we'll need to restock supplies to make the return trip in a day or two. Hopefully our employer will forward us some funds to do so. If not, we spend the afternoon posing for Mr. Hasok. Preferably the former, because the latter will eat much of the day." He sighs, still feeling weary over the early day's endeavor. "Either way, I will definitely need a bath we're done, so if you'll excuse me, I will go set that up and be right back." He then turns to find talk Ms. Gallegos.

lostsole31
2020-11-06, 03:01 AM
Flair can set up for a bath to be drawn that evening.

Flair returns to the group, then ostensibly goes to the Sleepless Detective Agency, where they are seen.

If Cesadia has any concern as to why the party didn't return to Thrushmoor last night, she doesn't say anything other than, "How is your investigation so far?"

bcool999
2020-11-06, 11:47 AM
Jens

"Found a lead, lost evidence of said lead along with most of our worldly possessions, but we did manage to kill a woman who fits the description of a witch. Flair will probably explain it better." Jens says bitterly when asked how things were progressing.

digiman619
2020-11-06, 04:10 PM
Flair said nothing about Jens' remark, focusing instead on delivering the facts. "We went to the island to investigate the claims of a witch, as instructed. We found what could best be described as a grotto tucked away at the base of the island where we were attacked by the local vegetation. We dealt with it easily enough, but then came face to face with a woman and her two fungal wolves. We tried to apprehend her, but she refused to talk, instead deciding to fight to the death. Her wolves released a giant spore cloud, both as an attack and to try and cover their mistress. They too fell, but not before their spores nearly clamed Jaume. Thankfully, Jens' quick medical response was enough to save his life, but Jaume was out of commission until he had a chance to heal naturally.

This led to the problem; to get out of the grotto would require either climbing up a steep cliff face or taking a less narrow path that reuqired quick footwork, neither of which Jaume was in a condition to do. After inspecting the cave to see that there were no hidden dangers, we decided it would be better to stay the night rather than risk smashing Jaume against the rocks trying to get him out of there. We stayed the evening, holing ourselves up in the woman's room with the slat that made up her door closed."

Flair sighed before continuing. "When we woke to the smell of stew cooking. Opening the 'door', we ran face to face with a Marsh Giant. They're nasty foes in a fight. But fighting wasn't even an option a that moment, as we were caught with our metaphorical pants down, not yet prepared to face the day. Running wasn't an option, either. The same cliff face that stopped us from leaving with Jaume yesterday made a quick getaway al but impossible, and even if we did, there was no way to know if the boat had arrived yet.

He knew we were there, having prepared us this stew for breakfast. I took a gamble and decided to play along with his offer of hospitality. He could have easily killed us in our sleep, after all, so he wanted something. Jaume and Dorn managed to talk their was into escaping the cave, which he then sealed us into. After a bit of mental conversation via Jens' collective, they decided to try and bust us free while we played guest. He gave us the stew. It was made of fresh meat and spices, though I made sure to only sip the broth." Flair paused for a second. "I am choosing to believe that the stew was made of the wolf meat, but we weren't able to determine for sure."

After a steadying breath, he continued. "Regardless, Jaume and Dorn were able to bust in and the giant decided that it had had its fun and let us go. In our haste to get out of there before the giant changed its mind, we left our supplies, both what we came to the island with and what we found there. Of course, that included a not insignificant amount of gold as well as evidence. But rather than risk the whim of the giant again, I had us pull back here. There was not unison in that decision."

"As for said evidence, it seems that this woman was an herbalist that was making all sorts of tinctures and poisons. She'd apparently been in contact with someone named Melisenn, who she'd been concocting something for, but the details were sketchy on what. But of curse, we were forced to abandon it. The island is far too sandy for the giant to have taken up residence in, but since Marsh giants don't really care about treasure for the most part, our lost goods should still be there should we return. Regardless, we need to replace what was lost, but we are now almost completely out of finds to do so, having been forced to leave them behind."

Flair sighs, clearly dreading what he's about to do. "So is there a way we could get an advance on our payment to get said supplies? Once we get readied enough to hire a boat for us to recover our stuff, we can pay you back if you'd prefer."

lostsole31
2020-11-06, 07:04 PM
"Your advance is your living expenses .... and a recent additional bill sent by a fisherman for ferrier services," she says, finishing writing up a lot of her notes. "You have a name, but no evidence. That doesn't mean your investigation is stymied .... just the paper trail. I am to understand that you have a means to money if you spend the afternoon at the studio."

As if to cut off any "how did you..." she simply adds. "Thrushmoor is a small town."

digiman619
2020-11-06, 10:35 PM
Flair nodded. "I figured that'd be the case, but between sitting in for the local art scene and restocking on supplies, that's going to eat up most of the day. But all things considered, it's probably not going to matter all too much in this investigation." Standing back to attention, he looked her in the eye. "Is there anything else you'd like us to look into? If not, we'd best get going to the studio."

Blackhawk101
2020-11-06, 11:23 PM
Brother Jaume laughs boisterously, his stomach heaving as tears of mirth glitter in his black eyes.
“Ha Ha! Mother always said that I had a face that only an artist could love!”
He chuckles to himself for a time before a fit of coughing takes him.

lostsole31
2020-11-08, 12:24 AM
Cesadia Wrentz has nothing else for you, so .... to the studio!

Lelwyn Hasok enthusiastically greets the party, and for those who didn't go inside previously, he will take you to show you a tryptyh he's been painting. It actually seems like he has been working on it, and there are a few more spaces where there are figures with faces missing.

All-in-all, there are nine figures, but only five of you. Still, he is excited about the five of you and for 10 gp apiece (that is, he pays you) he is willing to paint in your likenesses on the tryptych. It will take a few hours, enough to kill the day, but he only needs one model at a time. Still, he is at a loss for what to use for the four other figures. It was one thing when Pharasma sent you all to him, but he doesn't know what to think about the others.

Anyone have any problem with modeling? Assume that Flair, Brother Jaume, and Dorn are a yes .... in fact, he is ecstatic with Flair havin no hair, and thinks that is even better.

Maeni, Jens, what about you?

Any side-chatter in the meantime?

silphael
2020-11-08, 04:57 AM
Maeni is enthusiast about modelling.

Blackhawk101
2020-11-08, 07:23 AM
Brother Jaume speaks to the others through the collective when he is not modeling.

“What shall spend this windfall on, heh? I would suggest wine, women and song under normal circumstances, but without the wine it all seems so pointless.” 😩
“We need to secure transportation. A rope ladder might prove helpful. My beard could use a trim...”

During the portraiture, BJ will chat with Lelwyn about Thrushmore and the recent events. He will keep the tone light and conversational at first, but he will dig for any information about the Briarstone witch, Count Lowls, or the monolith outside of town.

Use diplomacy and affable trait.

lostsole31
2020-11-08, 09:09 PM
Lelwyn is getting annoyed wth Brother Jaume's yammering. As an outsider himself, he doesn't really care about the superstitions or scuttlebutt of these "ignorant townies."

digiman619
2020-11-08, 09:21 PM
Flair ahd been the third person to sit in for the artist. He'd spent the time while Jaume was sitting in chatting with Maeni. She had been second up, so he spent the time waiting for his turn to think of what he still needed and what he would pick up when they recovered. he was starting to make an itemized list of the reagents he would pick up when Lelwyn called to say he was ready. He smiled at Maeni as he passed her and began to sit for the artist.

After a minute or two, Flair, doing his absolute best to move nothing but his lower jaw and tongue, "Say, is there a general store in town?"

lostsole31
2020-11-08, 09:51 PM
"Not really a general store, no," he says quietly ... taking his time to answer as he concentrates. "You want to go to High Mart. Head northeast from the Sleepless. Once you pass the star stelae on the hill, turn northwest and it is nestled there."

bcool999
2020-11-09, 12:12 AM
Jens

Jens sits silently for his modeling, not quite able to remove the glower from his features.

Once he collects his gold for the modeling, he secrets away two gold coins into his shoes as emergency funds should a similar mishap befall him in the future.

silphael
2020-11-09, 06:31 AM
Once painted, after having exchanged a smile with Flair and thrown a gaze at the painting, Maeni returns to the inn, absentminded.

digiman619
2020-11-09, 09:15 PM
Flair continued. "That's that monolith thing on the hill, right? What's all that about?"

lostsole31
2020-11-09, 10:22 PM
"Don't know, don't care," Lelwyn says. "There's two of them. Who knows what for."

digiman619
2020-11-09, 10:32 PM
"Fair enough." Flair says, doing his best to hold still. "One last thing; is there a library in town? I enjoy reading tales of history and myth and it's been a while since I have done so."

lostsole31
2020-11-09, 10:41 PM
"Don't know. I'm busy enough with the sources in the church from which I am painting the religious pictures," Hasok replies. "I don't have time for light reading. But with this roughspun bale of rubes living here, I would doubt it."

digiman619
2020-11-09, 10:52 PM
Flair's remaining sitting went without issue. Once he got his payment, he decided to head up to the High Market, looking to find a grooming kit before he returned to the inn.

lostsole31
2020-11-09, 11:09 PM
Without saying anything to anyone in the party, Flair starts strolling off. Does anyone go with him? Everyone? Nobody?

Blackhawk101
2020-11-10, 06:18 AM
“What next?”

lostsole31
2020-11-10, 07:11 AM
Dorn picks up Brother Jaume's question while querying Flair over the collective."Good question. Where are you striding with such purpose, Flair?"

digiman619
2020-11-10, 07:37 PM
Flair stepped outside before getting the tepe, so once he received it, he stopped and looked to the sky. After a sigh, he tepe'd back. I had been planning to buy something, but by the look of it, the market is either closed or about to be, so it's probably best to handle it in the morning. I'm going to the inn. I have a long delayed bath waiting for me.

bcool999
2020-11-10, 08:19 PM
Jens

Jens will return to the inn with the party.

lostsole31
2020-11-10, 11:41 PM
Maeni will catch up with Flair.

Jens will go back with Brother Jaume, but Dorn wants to stick around and talk with Winter for a bit, and check on your ill friends .... which is only across the street. He will catch up.

Flair gets that blessed bath (with or without Maeni!).

Jens and Brother Jaume will likely .... just .... rest, but after Jens has had a chance to do a post-dinner treatment on Brother Jaume to try to get his patient to heal a little faster.

Unless anyone has any offside RP (talk to me on Discord for any "time bubble" RP), the party is going to shut down for the night.

Blackhawk101
2020-11-11, 07:38 PM
Brother Jaume will take the time to rest and recuperate at the inn; eying the patrons as they enjoy the local libations with longing.

bcool999
2020-11-12, 12:19 AM
Jens

Before turning in for the night, Jens will check that everyone in the party is in the collective before sending out a message.

Does anyone have any unhealed wounds? Tell me now and I can apply any needed healing before we rest.

Jens will manifest Natural Healing as needed through the collective to get everyone topped up health wise.

lostsole31
2020-11-12, 04:31 AM
Dorn had a very light wound, but dropped from the collective once he was out of range. He has to burn 6 PPs to bring Maeni to full.

Brother Jaume, you are downstairs in the taproom of the Silver Wagon, your home for the time being, seeming perfectly miserable. A townie comes in and his face lights up when he sees you, but he goes over to the bar and orders himself and ale and a wine. He comes over and sits down ...(rude!) ... as if he has every right to sit with you. He smells strongly of fish - then again, the whole town does - but is dressed as a fisherman. He puts the wine in front of you.

In a friendly tone he asks, "Hey there! I haven't seen you around in a while. Where'd you get off to?"
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/159268/assets/749601/KELDRIN_MON.png?1498092652

lostsole31
2020-11-23, 07:09 PM
Flair, you wake up to Maeni being frisky as she is trying to tie a gag around you, you also notice that both of your arms are over your head and individually tied to the headboard.

At least, you think it's Maeni, because it is pitch dark in here as the candle was not relit .... but it "feels" like her, and she is straddling you.

What do you do?

digiman619
2020-11-24, 03:47 AM
Flair does his best to shake Maeni off him as he pulls at his bindings. "Maeni, this isn't funny. I'm not into ropes and stuff. Get off me."

If Maeni tries to gag him mid sentence, he will shake her off and scream for help. He will then use his Gaston major ability (remember, pacts explicitly last 24 hours) to bang against the wall. It'll make me glow so I can see what's going on..

lostsole31
2020-11-27, 06:51 PM
R1T17: Flair does his best to shake Maeni off him as he pulls at his bindings. "Maeni, this isn't funny. I'm not into ropes and stuff. Get off me."

She doesn't try to gag him mid-sentence, letting him speak, but then goes to pin him. Flair tries to kick her off and wriggle free, but he fails. He tries to bang his hands against the wall.

R1T16: Jens, you wake up. Not in alarm, just ease into consciousness, and likely try to continue to fall asleep.

R1T14: Maeni is now pinning Flair, and gets a sheet tied around his mouth (he is now gagged).

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T26: Jens hears Dorn stopped snoring, though Brother Jaume is heard sawing logs just fine.

R2T17: Flair, what do you do? You are now gagged/ pinned.

digiman619
2020-11-28, 02:24 AM
Flair tries to wriggle out from under Maeni, pulling at his restraints, still making as much as a ruckus as he can.
Attempt to Escape Artist out. I'm not sure if I roll this or you, so for the first one, I'll let you roll it. I will use any inspiration if I have it (The fact that I don't know is a major reason I'm leaving this first roll up to you.)

lostsole31
2020-11-28, 01:18 PM
R2T17: Flair tries to wriggle out from under Maeni, pulling at his restraints, still making as much as a ruckus as he can. He realizes soon that trying to get out of everything is pointless, so focuses on what matters, getting help. With Maeni so close to him, pinning him, Flair presses his cheek against hers in a side profile, opening his mouth as widely as he can. He uses her own cheekbone as a form of anchor to help him peel back the gag. He then screams out, "Help! She's gonna' kill me! Help! AHHHHHHHH!"

Everybody hears that!

R2T16: Okay, Jens, there is definitely something going on in Flair and Maeni's room. What do you do?

Maeni on deck, Brother Jaume (freshly woken) in the hole ...

bcool999
2020-11-29, 12:54 AM
Jens

Hearing the screaming from the next room, Jens gives up his struggle to get some sleep and lifts himself from bed. Reestablishing Collective amongst his allies in the room as he speaks to them telepathically.

Can't even go one day without some sorta bull-

Move action stand.
Standard action: Collective between himself, Juame, and Dorn.
Free action: Tepe.

lostsole31
2020-11-29, 01:28 AM
R2T16: Hearing the screaming from the next room, Jens gives up his struggle to get some sleep and lifts himself from bed. Reestablishing Collective amongst his allies in the room as he speaks to them telepathically.Can't even go one day without some sorta bull-
R2T14: Maeni belches acid at Flair, but he bucks around so that he only takes 2 acid. Unfortunately, throwing her aim off also means that only the wall behind them is mild collateral damage, and not any of the other bindings on Flair.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T26: Brother Jaume, you are prone in bed, and it definitely sounds like something wrong. You have only the dimmest sight to the others in your room .... mainly a lump in bed for Dorn, and what you think is Jens on his feet. Jens just soaked you up in the collective and then gave the above message. What do you do?

Dorn on deck, Flair in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2020-11-29, 08:29 AM
Brother Jaume gets up and searches for the source of the commotion.
[spoiler =BJ>>>Collective]
“What is happening!?”
[spoiler]

lostsole31
2020-11-29, 10:31 PM
R3T26: Brother Jaume gets up, and listens for the source of the commotion, and realizes it is on the other side of the wall, from the room next door shared by Flair and Maeni."What is happening?!"
R3T18: Dorn jumps up from bed, steps over and unlocks the door (it still has to be opened). "Brother Jaume, hurry over. I'll grab your quarterstaff."

R3T17: Flair, you are still pinned by Maeni with each arm separately tied to the headboard, but hopefully being able to shout is helping (be a good idea to continue, too). What do you do?

Jens on deck, Maeni in the hole ...

digiman619
2020-11-29, 10:50 PM
Flair's screams continue, with a "Get her off me!" interlaced between the screams. He continues to struggle to free himself.
Attempting Escape Artist check: [roll0]. If the result is 15 or greater, roll an Inspiration, using my other Daring Inspiration. [roll1] [roll2]

lostsole31
2020-11-30, 01:33 AM
R3T17: Flair's screams continue, with a "Get her off me!" interlaced between the screams. He continues to struggle to free himself.

R3T16: Jens, you definitely heard that! What do you do now?

Maeni on deck, Brother Jaume in the hole ...

bcool999
2020-11-30, 03:24 AM
Jens

Hurrying to the door as further shouts occur, Jens will open the door. He then speaks telepathically to the collective.

Sounds like Maeni got hungry and wanted a midnight snack.

Move Action: Move to door.
Standard Action: Open door for party

Blackhawk101
2020-11-30, 05:51 AM
BJ will rush next door to see what the commotion is about.

lostsole31
2020-11-30, 02:44 PM
R3T16: Hurrying to the door as further shouts occur, Jens opens the door. He then speaks telepathically to the collective.Sounds like Maeni got hungry and wanted a midnight snack.
R3T14: In Flair's room, Maeni - if that even is Maeni, for Flair can see nothing - tries to maintain the pin on Flair's bucking form and miraculously has to get off of him to the side of the bed or risk tumbling to the floor. Flair hears a sultry laughing from next to him.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T26: Brother Jaume rushes out of the room to the next door to see what the commotion is about, but finds that the door is locked.

R4T18: Dorn steps away from Jens back a little bit into the room and picks up his hammer and Brother Jaume's staff.

R4T17: Flair, okay, you are no longer pinned! You are entangled (the can't move from your spot kind) and don't have use of your arms, but she [presumably Maeni] is no longer grappling you. What do you do?

Jens on deck, Maeni in the hole ...

digiman619
2020-11-30, 07:24 PM
Flair sat himself up and focused on getting free, yelling "C'MON, C'MON!" at himself as he worked.
Flair will attempt to Escape Artist his way out of this. [roll0] If the result is 15 or greater, roll an Inspiration, using my other Daring Inspiration. [roll1] [roll2]
It'll wait until next time, but for the record, can you Disable Device ropes your bound by? Because my DD is 1 better than my EA.

lostsole31
2020-12-01, 11:03 AM
R4T17: Flair sits himself up and focuses on getting free, yelling "C'MON, C'MON!" at himself as he works, and through a combination of nerve, daring, and inspiration, manages to wriggle his left hand free!

R4T16: Jens, you are at the now-open door to your room. What do you do?

Maeni on deck, Brother Jaume in the hole ...

bcool999
2020-12-01, 02:07 PM
Jens

Jens will move towards Flairs room. Likely to also be stymied by the locked door.

lostsole31
2020-12-01, 05:28 PM
R4T16: Jens moves toward's Flair's door, stymied by its frettingly locked status.

R4T14: Maeni casts a spell.You hear a woman's voice casting invisibility.You both hear a woman's voice cast a spell in the room, but you don't know what spell.
End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T26: Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Dorn on deck, Flair in the hole ....

Blackhawk101
2020-12-01, 10:52 PM
Lacking the wherewithal and the means to unlock the door through subtler methods, BJ will resort to brute force and kick open the door.
“Stand clear!”

shout the stand clear order.
flurry kick at the door lock if necessary to open it with PA.
you can make the rolls. Bj is somewhat Leary of braining himself again.

lostsole31
2020-12-02, 12:36 PM
R5T26: Lacking the wherewithal and the means to unlock the door through subtler methods, BJ will resort to brute force and kick open the door. “Stand clear!”

The first kick slams the door for mod 9. The second is poorly balanced and kicks against the door without damage, angering the monk.So, I ended up fumbling, so it is just his luck. He got "Frustration," and suffers a -4 penalty on all attack rolls for 1 rd.
R5T18: Dorn comes into the hallway, passing Jens and Brother Jaume to get to the other side, dropping the quarterstaff at Brother Jaume's feet while he two-hands his warhammer and slams the door for mod 5.

R5T17: Flair, right now you are entangled as your right arm is still tied to the headboard. You are still in darkness. What do you do?

Jens on deck, Maeni(?) in the hole ....

digiman619
2020-12-02, 12:58 PM
"Sh**! Merda! Schieße!" he swore in Taldane, Infernal and Dwarven, before repeating the word in all the languages he knew. Maeni had gone invisible, so even if he could get himself free and get the lights on, she was poised to strike and he'd never know until it was too late. The important part was getting free, though, so with his one free hand he worked on loosening the knot on the other to liberate himself.
Escape Artist. [roll0] If the result is 12 or better, roll an inspiration die. [roll1]

lostsole31
2020-12-02, 01:43 PM
R5T17: "Sh**! Merda! Schieße!" he swore in Taldane, Infernal and Dwarven, before repeating the word in all the languages he knew. Maeni had gone invisible, so even if he could get himself free and get the lights on, she was poised to strike and he'd never know until it was too late. The important part was getting free, though, so with his one free hand he worked on loosening the knot on the other to liberate himself, and finds success.

R5T16: Jens, you are standing next to Brother Jaume, and at an angle to the door. What do you do?

Brother Jaume on deck, Dorn in the hole ....

bcool999
2020-12-02, 09:00 PM
Jens

Seeing the others attempts at forced entry, Jens sighs and says, ”This door is coming out of Flair and Maeni’s pocket not mine.”

Jens then summons earth to beat down the door.

Earth Blast the door.
Attack [roll0] (assuming pbs applies)
Damage [roll1] (assuming pbs applies)

lostsole31
2020-12-03, 05:41 PM
R5T16: Seeing the others attempts at forced entry, Jens sighs and says, ”This door is coming out of Flair and Maeni’s pocket not mine.”

Jens then summons earth to beat down the door, but his aim is thrown off by the dim light the candle in the hallway affords.

R5T14: A spell is heard being intoned by a female voice.Somebody just cast a bless spell.
End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T26: Brother Jaume, you are still a little discombobulated from your last attempted kick (-4 attack roll). Your quarterstaff is on the ground at your feet. What do you do?

Blackhawk101
2020-12-03, 08:00 PM
Brother Jaume gathers his wits and tries a series of open palm strikes on the door near the lock.If successful, pick up staff.

full Attack, flurry, -4 to hit
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

digiman619
2020-12-03, 08:02 PM
Finally freed from his bonds, Flair rushes to the door, trying to get out of the room.

lostsole31
2020-12-05, 09:21 PM
R6T26: Brother Jaume gathers his wits and tries a series of open palm strikes on the door near the lock. Both land, and the second finally smashes down the door, but his focus on the door means that he doesn't have time yet to pick up his staff.

R6T18: Dorn steps past Brother Jaume into the room up to Flair. "Are you okay?"

R6T17: Finally freed from his bonds, Flair rushes to the open doorway in the darkness, feeling his way out of the room.

R6T16: Jens, what do you do?

Brother Jaume on deck, Dorn in the hole ...

bcool999
2020-12-05, 09:50 PM
Jens

If he can see a hint of Flair through the darkness, Jens reaches out to join him into the collective. He also asks aloud, "What's going on? Any injuries? If this was 'bed play' I swear..."

lostsole31
2020-12-05, 10:08 PM
R6T16: Unable to see a hint of Flair through the darkness, Jens can't reach out to join him into the collective. He also asks aloud, "What's going on? Any injuries? If this was 'bed play' I swear..."

R6T14: The shutter to the window outside opens, as the dim cold light only shows a couple shapes inside the room.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T26: Brother Jaume, you pick up your quarterstaff (a MA). What else do you do?

Blackhawk101
2020-12-06, 01:09 AM
BJ will move to get a candle from the hall.

lostsole31
2020-12-07, 01:09 AM
R7T26: Indeed, the only way the PCs have had any chance of seeing thus far at all have been the candles placed on the wall opposite the doors, spaced midway between each door so as to faintly light two doors' keys. Brother Jaume steps over to the candle holder between their rooms' and picks up the candleholder.

R7T18: Dorn casts shield of faith on Flair, limning him in a very faint glow (as in, doesn't really shed light) similar to an upside-down hammer.

R7T17: Flair, what do you do?

Jens on deck, Brother Jaume in the hole ...

digiman619
2020-12-07, 02:35 AM
Flair quickly exits his room and presses himself flat against the wall. He tries to take a deep breath and calm himself, but he finds that difficult. Something about this escapade scared him in a way he hadn't realized. He'd been in bad situations before; ones where it seemed that there was no way out, but this was different. The giant's breakfast required a delicate hand, but he'd gotten through it. The fight vs the Tatterman. he frankly expected to die, but at least there were things he was able to do to help, though he would be the first to admit that it wasn't a lot. But the point is that he had options; he had a choice he could make that could theoretically make a difference.

But this was different. Like the dream he woke from that got him to the asylum, here there was an overwhelming feeling of powerlessness; of an inescapable death. Yeah, that got everyone in the end, but that was different. Dying at an old age was just your body using up the charges of your soul; outside of a few expensive, difficult, and occasionally morally dubious tricks, that was universal. But a violent death is a different beast. It's the kind of stuff that can spontaneously undead and creates haunts. It's nasty for everyone involved, which is why he tried to avoid it wherever possible. But the concept of free will and the importance of choice was a very big deal for Flair. Every day, with his actions, he did everything he could to not be a callous, cruel person, like he was when he called himself Padre Pervasi. His choices would never un-make the things he did back then, but he could choose not to do them now. So the thought of his life being snuffed out when there are no choices to be made that will stop it was especially scary.

But panic won't solve anything, he reminds himself. Only by looking at things rationally can he find the path out. Looking at the situation calmly, he realized that he's out of immediate danger. He had full movement, and he wasn't alone with her. He was no longer of immediate risk of Maeni carving him up like a roast goose; if she wanted to get him, she'd have to break invisibility and expose herself to the rest of the party. But taking on four men was an altogether different scenario than just one, and he doubted she could manage all of them at once. But that didn't mean that all was well; she was still invisible and has a selection of spells at her disposal, so he wasn't completely out of the woods yet. But the point is that the situation changed, and now he has options. Now he has choices. His breathing slows, as he finally gets his head back on straight, ready to face the situation ahead of him.

It was only then, with him fully back in control, his form illuminated by the candlelight, did he realize that he was still completely nude.

MA: Get out of the room and next to the door, opposite of the rest of the party.
Rest of turn: RPing Flair getting himself under control.

bcool999
2020-12-07, 01:31 PM
Jens

Assuming that it was Flair who just exited the room in the dim light, Jens tries adding him to the collective. ”Anybody have some light? I’d rather not bumble about in the dark please.” Jens asks as he stares fruitlessly into the dark room.

standard action: try to add flair to collective.

lostsole31
2020-12-07, 01:41 PM
R7T17: Flair quickly exits his room and presses himself flat against the wall. He tries to take a deep breath and calm himself, but he finds that difficult. Something about this escapade scared him in a way he hadn't realized. He'd been in bad situations before; ones where it seemed that there was no way out, but this was different. The giant's breakfast required a delicate hand, but he'd gotten through it. The fight vs the Tatterman. he frankly expected to die, but at least there were things he was able to do to help, though he would be the first to admit that it wasn't a lot. But the point is that he had options; he had a choice he could make that could theoretically make a difference.

But this was different. Like the dream he woke from that got him to the asylum, here there was an overwhelming feeling of powerlessness; of an inescapable death. Yeah, that got everyone in the end, but that was different. Dying at an old age was just your body using up the charges of your soul; outside of a few expensive, difficult, and occasionally morally dubious tricks, that was universal. But a violent death is a different beast. It's the kind of stuff that can spontaneously undead and creates haunts. It's nasty for everyone involved, which is why he tried to avoid it wherever possible. But the concept of free will and the importance of choice was a very big deal for Flair. Every day, with his actions, he did everything he could to not be a callous, cruel person, like he was when he called himself Padre Pervasi. His choices would never un-make the things he did back then, but he could choose not to do them now. So the thought of his life being snuffed out when there are no choices to be made that will stop it was especially scary.

But panic won't solve anything, he reminds himself. Only by looking at things rationally can he find the path out. Looking at the situation calmly, he realized that he's out of immediate danger. He had full movement, and he wasn't alone with her. He was no longer of immediate risk of Maeni carving him up like a roast goose; if she wanted to get him, she'd have to break invisibility and expose herself to the rest of the party. But taking on four men was an altogether different scenario than just one, and he doubted she could manage all of them at once. But that didn't mean that all was well; she was still invisible and has a selection of spells at her disposal, so he wasn't completely out of the woods yet. But the point is that the situation changed, and now he has options. Now he has choices. His breathing slows, as he finally gets his head back on straight, ready to face the situation ahead of him.

It was only then, with him fully back in control, his form illuminated by the candlelight, did he realize that he was still completely nude.

R7T16: Assuming that it was Flair who just exited the room in the dim light, Jens tries adding him to the collective. ”Anybody have some light? I’d rather not bumble about in the dark please.” Jens asks as he stares fruitlessly into the dark room. However, with the candle in Brothter Jaume's hands, and Flair backing the other way under a candle, it is an easy thing to add the naked man to the collective.

R7T14: A woman's voice is heard chanting, and suddenly everyone is plunged into a deep mist. Something brushes by Jens and Flair, but not knowing if it is an ally or someone else, and not expecting it, there is nothing to be done.
End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T26: Brother Jaume, okay, you have a candle which sheds dim light in a 5' radius. With the thick fog that suddenly dropped, that's all you can really see anyway. I mean, you think you might see Jens in front of you?

Dorn on deck, Flair in the hole ....

Blackhawk101
2020-12-10, 01:50 PM
“Keep close to me.” Brother Jaume calls out to the others. He moves to block the open doorway to the bedroom.
“Follow my voice and the light. Group up if you find someone.”

lostsole31
2020-12-10, 04:07 PM
R8T26: “Keep close to me.” Brother Jaume calls out to the others. He moves to block the open doorway to the bedroom. “Follow my voice and the light. Group up if you find someone.”

R8T18: Dorn casts light on his hammer, clearly lighting up the room and part of the hallway.

R8T17: Flair, what do you do?

Jens on deck ...

digiman619
2020-12-11, 12:36 AM
Flair steps forward and closes the door; the mist is clearly emanating from the room, so closing the door should, in theory, help stop new mist from coming out and let the mist already out here dissipate. He did his best to keep his guard up as he spoke. "Maeni, the jig is up. You can't take on all four of us. Just drop the spells and we can talk about this."
5 foot step in front of the door.
MA: Close door.
SA: Total Defense to bring my AC to 17 [10 (base) +3 (Dex) +4 (Total defense)] as I am not currently wearing armor... or anything else, really.

lostsole31
2020-12-11, 02:13 PM
The mist had already poured into the hallway, but it doesn't seem to matter.

There is no answer. In moving quickly in room and hallway, the answer will be the same .... Maeni is gone.

Combat Ends ...

digiman619
2020-12-12, 02:59 AM
Flair maintained his wariness until the mists evaporated, trying to talk down the now absent Maeni. Once Flair was sure she was gone, he apologizes to his fellow teammates and returns to his room. Once there, he locks the door, lights the candle. and gets some pants on. He spends some time alone by candlelight, with just his thoughts for company.

He should have known that Maeni was due for a relapse, as he was now completely sure that she intended to carve him up like a goose and eat him. The way she ate the giant's breakfast was a big red flag. If only they'd not have had to stay the night on that island, maybe this would have been avoided, but thinking in 'what ifs' was a fool's errand. The point was that he should have known better, and it almost cost him his life. But everything had been going to merda recently. The whole deal at the asylum, losing his hair, the horror that was the giant's breakfast and the resulting loss of their gear; he just wanted something to work out. He wanted to feel good, if only for a couple hours.

And for that bad decision, it almost cost Flair his life. He only barely got out of there; the adrenaline sharpening his skills to a degree that honestly surprised even himself. He doubted that he could have done that again if he tried. More to the point, he'd been lucky to buck her off as she overextended. If not for that mistake on her part, he'd have never had the time to undo his hands. He'd managed to get ungagged, so his other teammates would have came to the rescue, but who knows how much damage she could have inflicted on him before they did?

But as he said, thinking in 'what ifs' is a fool's errand. The point was Maeni was gone, and something told him that she wasn't coming back. A moment of weakness had put him into a life-threatening position; this made the second time in as many days that he was helpless as he was denied time and/or equipment to use his other abilities. He needed to be able to handle himself in dangerous situations like that; the world doesn't always give you the time you need. Thankfully, he knew someone that could teach him how to fight when you've got nothing to work with. Come morning, he would join Brother Jaume in his morning exercises, if he'd let him. He wasn't ever going to be as skilled at this as Jaume was, but if he could get the basics down, then at least he'd at least have something to fall back on if he was ever caught with his pants down like this again.

Blackhawk101
2020-12-13, 10:36 PM
BJ, concerned that this new development and splintering of the group will put further pressure on their already strained psyche’s, he will spend several minutes with each member reassuring them that although Maeni has succumbed to her own inner daemons, each of the remaining group are a vital part of their team, much like a family would be. They all are stronger together than apart.
Once finished, he will suggest posting a watch just in case. He will also make apologies to the innkeeper for damage to the room and offer compensation before taking a watch or hitting the sack.

lostsole31
2020-12-13, 11:00 PM
Once Dena Gallegos sees what was ruined, broken, or destroyed .... not much out of a door, a lock, a few hinges and sheets ... she will simply add that to the party's bill. She doesn't have the werewithal to deal with actual coin at this ungodsly hour of the morning.

bcool999
2020-12-14, 09:17 PM
Jens

Cranky would be a good description for Jens’ mood. After giving Flair a quick medical once over and determining that any physical damage will keep until tomorrow, Jens will return to his bed.

lostsole31
2020-12-14, 10:35 PM
Flair, (your last post) you were heavily in thought, but what do you do?

digiman619
2020-12-14, 11:02 PM
After making up his mind, he looks out the window. If it's beginning to get bright, he will wait until everyone is up and seek to join Jaume's morning exercise. Otherwise, he goes back to sleep; ready to get the next day started right.

lostsole31
2020-12-14, 11:57 PM
Still being dark, Flair goes back to sleep, but this time Dorn will move his bedroll into this room and sleep there with Flair (in the same room, not WITH HIM "with him".)

The next morning, including a little bit of extra sleeping in ...

Does anyone change their setup? Flair gets a good bind, but no capstone, on JG and Milo.

Blackhawk101
2020-12-15, 05:50 PM
Brother Jaume is thrilled that Flair is interested in martial arts training and will immediately drag him downstairs and out to the yard for some rigorous calisthenics. Once warmed up, he will begin demonstrating the basic katas and have Flair follow along.
“I usually have a pitcher of mulled wine with my workout ... but a monk needs strong discipline as well as a strong body!” laments the sweating friar, slapping his belly for effect.
After the workout, BJ will use the facilities to bathe and then prayer followed by breakfast.

no changes to prayed for spells

digiman619
2020-12-15, 06:57 PM
Flair makes sure to refill his waterskin and grab a couple loaves of bread before they got started; Jaume's exercises tended to last beyond the end of breakfast time and he'd want something to eat after they were done.

bcool999
2020-12-16, 12:29 AM
Jens

Starting his day with meditation, Jens believes he stumbles upon a new trick he might be able to use. It should aid the group in dealing with violent situations, to which they are all too drawn too. Other than that, he keeps his ability to resist toxins, Juame's recent brush with near fatal poison not so quickly dispelled from Jen's mind.

After meditation, Jens goes downstairs to eat. Once the party reconvenes, Jens will ask Flair with some amount of sarcasm in his voice, "So fearless leader, what plans do we have for this day? We seem to be short of full strength, but never fear. We'll follow you all the way to Hell..." In a lower voice Jens continues, "Sometimes I wonder if we're already there."

Switch out Sustanence for the First level power Involuntary Bodily Function from Psi Aug Comp ii. Resist Toxin remains (though I feel I should mention that Resist Toxin is a 2nd level power not a first level power as it is listed on Jen's Sheet)

Blackhawk101
2020-12-16, 05:49 AM
After Jens speaks to the group, Brother Jaume will speak up.“Yesterday (seems like weeks ago) I met a fellow who knew me from before I lost my memory. He is a dock worker named Keldrin Mon. He mentioned that he saw me down at pier 19 “Worm’s Hook” and that I stashed away bundle under the pier. Could be a clue to our past. I realize that we may want to prioritize going back to the cave but I thought I would mention it.”

digiman619
2020-12-16, 02:41 PM
Flair is a bit winded after the exercise with Jaume, but presses on regardless. "Well... that sounds like it's looking into." He took a second or three to breathe, and a swig from his waterskin before continuing. "But I suppose it all hinges on if we can find Mr. Remsatter before he goes out fishing again. If we can, we head out today and recover our gear. If not, we can spend today looking into that and hire him to take us out tomorrow."

bcool999
2020-12-21, 04:20 AM
Jens

"If we can squeeze it in to the day we may also want to visit Winter at the church to let her know that Maeni appears to have snapped." Jens advices the group, "We may also need to inform our employer... well at least we know where to obtain her likeness for a wanted poster if we need one."

Once everyone is prepared for the day and they have agreed to head to the docks (either to book passage back to the witch's cave or to find Jaume's tip off) Jens will stand to leave.

Blackhawk101
2020-12-21, 05:35 AM
“Aye. We should report to our patron and Winter about Maeni first off. The priority is to protect the innocent from her predations. If the lass can be saved, the authorities have the resources to try and rehabilitate her. Second, I feel personally responsible for the loss of our gear and think that its return should be our next objective.” says the morose friar.

digiman619
2020-12-21, 04:01 PM
Flair nodded. "So that's the plan, then. Find our fisherman friend to see if we can get a ride to the island. If we can, we get our stuff back. If not, make sure to catch him in the bar that evening to set up a trip for tomorrow. Either way, we then go to the Chapel and Winter to report Maeni. and if there's still time, we look into that dock worker who knew Jaume." He took another swig of water from his wineskin. "Any objections?"

lostsole31
2020-12-23, 12:45 AM
The party heads out. They learn that fishermen keep very early hours, so that won't pan out for you right now as by the time you ask for him he has already been out for some time.

Then, you go to the New Chapel to check in on Winter (and the gang) ....

lostsole31
2021-01-01, 04:36 AM
The party gets to the New Chapel and go in to see Winter.

"I'm hearing strange rumors of cultists and witches and witchlights .... one of your party having run off in the night .... hard to tell what is really happening," says Winter. "How have you been? I know it's only been a couple of days, but some of your former acquaintances are doing better, but still need looking after. Still, I figured you would have left us behind and never looked back."

As you are talking to Winter, you will note that there is another visitor to the New Chapel's "ward." Several, several feet away, Dr. Elbourne is talking to a heavily armored, redheaded woman.
Wren looks to Vilma, "Yeah, that's them right there. If it weren't for them defeating the Tatterman, Ulver, and Pulura knows what else, we'd all probably be dead in the Dimension of Dreams now."

Wren is mentioning the heroes of the story he just recounted to you of the harrowing ordeal at Briarstone Asylum, and mentioning they just walked in.

digiman619
2021-01-01, 10:49 AM
Flair chuckled ruefully. "Yeah, unless you've got a tropical beach filled with beautiful women and hot guys hidden in the bay somewhere, there's not a whole lot to go to." He sighed. "But a job's a job, and we signed onto this one. I mean, if nothing else, I plan to stay in town long enough to pick up some books from the Asylum for my research."

Upon hearing Wren mention him, he will give him and the redhead a courteous nod before turning back to Winter.

silphael
2021-01-02, 07:56 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/89/db/ec/89dbec68e8b34ba300cdbbe877407587.jpg

With pale skin and freckles, she has an harsh face and a body that, despite clearly feminine curves, would make any follower of Kurgess pale in envy.
She wears a collection of scars, clearly isn't ashamed of those. At her belt you can see a collection of flasks and scrolls.

She steps toward the group.

"It seems you are those I must thanks for the safe return of my dear friend Wren, and the end of the asylum tragedy. I am Vilma."

Her voice is raspy and broken, kinda unsettling.

lostsole31
2021-01-02, 11:01 AM
Someone walks up to Vila. He was once a hale and hearty man, and in truth he still is. This man of 50 fifty winters has a balding, gray-white pate and gleaming hazel eyes that seemed to take in everything around it while conveying compassion. He isn't very tall, though not particularly short, either, and is of a slimmer weight (5'8", 173 lbs.). Some of that height might be because of a noticeable stoop. He doesn't appear to have any physical ailment ... no hump or anything, yet it seems he is used to stooping for some reason. There on his forehead - not a tattoo or birthmark, but a type of blue ash or paint - is the symbol of an iron hammer. The head is down and the handle up. It is simplistic design, and likely done with a type of devotional finger paint with only a few minutes of application at best. He has seen some years, and old age is not too far away.

His studded leather is simple, serviceable, even poor by comparison to the armor possibly worn by others in the party. It has seen some use. At the man's side is a simple warhammer, and that warhammer bears some type or runes and the same upside-down hammer symbol, though a little more ornate. He wears a scholar's outfit with his studded armor. Hanging from his neck is a gleaming version of this same symbol, this time more ornate than anywhere else.

Despite his age and stoop, his voice is quite mellifluous, like an aged master statesman. "Hail, Vilma! I am a simple servant of Torag, named Dorn. I have seen that rose motif before, I know it is a religious symbol - and a good one - but I can't quite place it?"
http://i.imgur.com/ugISBct.png

Blackhawk101
2021-01-02, 11:11 AM
A portly but well muscled man wearing a simple robe of brown homespun material and leather sandals smiles at the newcomer. A brass holy symbol of a bow and arrow clasps the robe at his neck. His jolly bearded face lights up as he smiles. He steps up to her and offers his huge hand in a friendly greeting.
“No thanks is necessary but it is appreciated! I am Brother Jaume. Pleased to make your acquaintance!”

digiman619
2021-01-02, 03:02 PM
Flair approached the newcomer. He is a lanky man, about six feet tall. While he was very commonly dressed, you get the impression of style despite that; as if he'd "clean up" quite well. His head is bald, but judging from his starting-to-get-scraggy beard, his hair was blonde before it disappeared. But more than his bare scalp what's striking is his eyes. His left eye is of a common brown shade, and was quite plain on its own. Indeed, its normalcy only served to bring contrast to its opposite.

Flair's right eye was blue. Not just the iris, but the sclera as well. Indeed, the entire eye, save the pupil, seemed to glow a pale blue color. The glow actually seemed to be delayed by a quarter second; so when he moved his head, the glow took a bit to catch up. Even without its luminescence, the iris seemed too big; as if it was an eye made for a bigger creature that had its back grinded down to fit. Also of note were the scars that seemed to radiate out from said eye, as though his face was a waxen bust and someone had drawn a heated knife across it.

Flair offered a hand to the newcomer. "You can call me Flair. I'm nominally in charge of these folks." He paused, speaking in Infernal for a sentence or two before switch to Draconic. "È passato un po 'di tempo dall'ultima volta che ho visto una rosa del Milan. Mi ricorda casa. An potius non essem locutus est ipsius linguae? Videtur quod in his Italiae partibus sinebat loqui ea."

"It's been a while since I saw a rose from Milan. It reminds me of home." and "Or would you prefer I speak this language? Apparently the demons speak Italian in these parts.", respectively.

silphael
2021-01-02, 05:20 PM
First answering Dorn, Vilma seems to weigh the possibility to answer fully or not, going for the full answer.

"This is the symbol of Milani, the Everbloom, goddess of Hope and Uprisings. I would prefer if you were to keep my devotions secretive or at least for yourself as long as we are in Ustalav, the institutions here aren't kind to the common folk here, so we don't 'like' them."

Raising an eyebrow at the different languages, she seems somewhat surprised, if slightly on the defensive.

"I don't know what you're calling Italian, but that is the language of devils, not demons. And after, the language of dragons. Why are you talking the languages of the most frequent enslavers of mortals ? Anyway, this is the symbol of Milani, a rose growing out of blood on cobblestones."

digiman619
2021-01-02, 06:52 PM
Flair bows his head. "Sorry, the goddess' name and rose motif reminded me of a city I visited a lifetime ago. By a strange coincidence, the local languages bears a striking similarity to Infernal and Draconic. I asked in those languages on the off-chance that you knew the city." In an attempt to diffuse any possible embarrassment he tries to change the subject.

"So, how do you know Wren?"

silphael
2021-01-03, 10:40 AM
"Wren is my best friend, and the closest I have to a brother. We met some years ago, before I left Ustalav, and before I joined Her church."

She doesn't seem to delve deeper into that for now, but it seems there is something painful behind it.

digiman619
2021-01-03, 11:23 AM
Rather than poke at an obvious old wound, he makes a verbal side step "Well, Wren wasn't a slouch back in the Dimension of Dreams himself. While he's not much in combat, he did his best to keep his patients safe and gave us a staging point before we confronted Ulver and the Tatterman. Without his help, it would have proven much more difficult."

digiman619
2021-01-04, 08:15 PM
He continued. "But he's right in that we were able to repel the Tatterman and break free of the Dimension of Dreams." Flair exhaled, remembering the difficulty of said fight. "Since then, we've been hired by Ms. Wrentz of the Sleepless Detective Agency to look into the strangeness that's been happening in town. And that's not exactly been free of difficulty, I assure you."

lostsole31
2021-01-05, 04:28 AM
Wren blinks like he's in shock. "Detectives!? You work for the famous Sleepless Detective Agency now? I have to admit, there have been times I fantasized about working for them."

That was an odd thing to bring Wren out of his aloofness, especially as it doesn't strike one as something a physician would be into.

digiman619
2021-01-05, 10:29 AM
Flair raised an eyebrow. "I mean, we are down a member, but there's been more fighting than analysis thus far and I wouldn't want to put you in harm's way."

lostsole31
2021-01-05, 11:16 AM
Wren looks at Vilma, not ignoring Flair's question so much as banking it. "So, you came this far to see me, Vilma. And I am glad we could catch up. But was it just me that brought you to Thrushmoor, or something else? Because you look like you're ready to cleave the arms off of a troll .... er, for goodness."

silphael
2021-01-05, 01:26 PM
Looking at Wren briefly, Vilma tries to sum up a complete answer.

"I'm pretty sure you could hold your own as a detective, Wren. But no, in fact I didn't know you were here before arriving, I have been sent here by my faith, on vague details. Specifically here, so I suppose it isn't the Ustalavian government to overthrow-" she chuckles "-but probably more hope that could be restored. And your inquiry sounds like the kind that could use the kind of help I can provide. Both in combat, and in investigation."

She puts back her holy symbol in a less oblivious place.

lostsole31
2021-01-05, 02:11 PM
Winter, who never went anywhere, says in a weird way this is almost playful and yet not, "Oh, I don't know if I can spare 'Doctor' Elbourne to run around town. He just recently satisfied my requirements for understanding basic first aid. Seriously, though, 'Doctor' Elbourne, if you do join up with them, you will be missed here. You are a good listener, and you do have a way with the patients."

Wren winces a couple times. "Yeahhh, so full disclosure," he says to the party. "Winter figured this out right away because she is talented physician and psychiatrist, but ... and Flair knew this ... I'm not really a doctor. I found a doctor's uniform in Briarstone and I found the only way I was going to live was be useful to the Apostles in Orpiment and to Ulver with my bardic healing magic."

He grits his teeth in an open-mouthed grimace, awaiting judgment.

"I, uh ..... I was a patient."

Blackhawk101
2021-01-05, 04:59 PM
“Ha Ha! You fooled everyone, “Doctor!” Jolly Good! Ha!”
The portly friar pounds Wren on the back in good humor and laughs uproariously.

digiman619
2021-01-05, 07:54 PM
Flair shrugged. "I wasn't going to mention it. You were in a tough situation and you did what you needed to in order to get through it. And it's not like you were defrauding people by charging money for medical services you weren't qualified to give."

lostsole31
2021-01-06, 04:16 AM
"What do you say, Vilma?" asks Wren. "I am done with this charade now, and I can't go home, either. This sounds more fun than listening to Corbin talk about the visions in his head or cleaning up Kris' drool. But I am only in if you are, because I know this group beat some ridiculous other-dimensional entity, but they could have done it so much easier if you had been there."

The party will notice a very slight, faint, change in his speaking voice [because he has a speech color now].

Blackhawk101
2021-01-06, 05:50 AM
“Well, I don’t claim to speak for everyone but we are down a member and we could certainly use the help. I would welcome you to our merry band if you are interested. What do the rest of you think?”BJ turns to address the current party.

lostsole31
2021-01-06, 07:22 AM
Dorn looks Vilma and Wren over carefully. "There doesn't seem to be much in the way of cheer or hope in Thrushmoor right now. I am sure you'll bring both. Though, we perhaps should understand that our loss of one and gain of two isn't going to impact whatever fee might get."

silphael
2021-01-06, 09:48 AM
Vilma nods.

"I'll join the investigation. Once it's clearer, we'll know how far my help is needed."

lostsole31
2021-01-07, 01:09 PM
Alright. That's done. What now?

digiman619
2021-01-07, 10:02 PM
Flair shook each of their hands in turn. "In that case, welcome to the party. We still have to report to Ms Wrentz; I think that she won't have too much issue with your addition to the party, but if she does, screw it. You'll just be subcontractors and we'll pay you from our cut." He found himself getting prematurely irritated at that possibility, but he took a deep breath and moved forward.

"After that, we are following up a lead about a dockworker, who might know something about Jaume's past, as being in the Dimension of Dreams for as long as we did left some holes in our memories." He chose to not mention that said holes could be more accurately described as 'their entire life before waking up in the asylum', and that some of them, like himself, used to be very different people.

"The only thing of the agenda after than is to find one Mr. Remsatter in the evening. He knows the location of a specific island in the bay where we were forced to abandon some supplies a few days back. We will then hire him to bring us back there tomorrow morning"

"Any questions?"

Regardless, he will make sure that he recovers his crossbow from Corbin's effects before leaving the building.

Blackhawk101
2021-01-08, 06:24 AM
Brother Jaume turns to Winter, his face solemn. “I am saddened to report that Maeni has suffered a “relapse” and attacked Flair last night but ran off before we could restrain her. I don’t know where she has gone but she is very dangerous to those she comes into contact with. We ask that you let us know if you hear anything about her so that we might capture her humanely and bring her in for treatment.”

lostsole31
2021-01-08, 07:45 AM
I know that digi meant "Ms. Wrentz in his post, so no silliness from me, here...
Winter nods. "Thank you for letting me know."

silphael
2021-01-08, 07:53 AM
"I have no question for now, but those will arise as I get a better picture. Also, please do not mention my religious affiliation, especially if we're working with a detective agency. For what you know, this helped me to go easily through Galt."

She shows her holy symbol before hiding it under her armor.

Basically, if we are in town or meet officials, by default her symbol of Milani will be hidden.

Blackhawk101
2021-01-08, 07:13 PM
The bearded friar smiles, “Should we investigate pier 19 “Worm’s Hook”? Whatever it is that I stashed there under the warf could be a clue to our past. The stevedore did mention that the locals are frightened of the place because some beastie hangs around there.”

digiman619
2021-01-09, 09:57 PM
Flair will nod as he looks the crossbow over. "Sounds like a plan. This sounds like it's going to more an information gathering exercise than combat one, but we shouldn't let our guard down, just in case."

bcool999
2021-01-10, 02:23 AM
Jens

Standing with the group is a brown haired man about 5'10'' tall with little muscle to speak of and his unarmed and unarmored appearance coupled with an obvious lack of martial training makes the man very non-threatening physically. His brown hair is worn long forming a curtain which hides his blue eyes and his glasses. Whilst all were discussing matters, he had been thoroughly in his own little world not paying any attention and it is only now as the group prepares to set out that he comes to.

"Hrmm? Oh. New people. I'm Jens, though Dr. Elborne there already knows that. I focus mostly on healing, but am not totally defenseless when attacked. Haaa" Jens sighs before continuing, "I suppose I will once again need to explain the Collective and how I need to use it to heal you. Something to discuss on the way I suppose."

While traveling to their next destination, Jens will explain the collective and join the new members to the collective if they consent to it. He will also remember to join Flair which he had neglected this morning.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/overlordmaruyama/images/a/a4/Nfirea_Profile.png/revision/latest?cb=20150805050658

silphael
2021-01-10, 11:02 AM
Vilma agrees to join the collective, quickly going over her usual tactics to make sure it works with her temporary teammates.

"Temporary" because for now she isn't sure she's here for that specific reason, that's it.

lostsole31
2021-01-10, 11:09 AM
It is an ugly day, and there is a deluge pounding down on the new mix of heroes. The driving rain pounds onto the decrepit dock’s boards, with a sound like a score of out-of-sync drummers. Gentle waves lap against the barnacle-studded posts that hold up the sagging dock. A metal pail sits rusting at the end of the pier.

A gravel path leads from the road to the pier. A nearly collapsed shack sits at the edge of the water near the pier, a former bait house seems to have abandoned.

I need to know who does what, how, in what order, and how close to each other you do it.

Blackhawk101
2021-01-10, 01:07 PM
“My old acquaintance said to that I stashed the stuff under the pier. Let’s go together down to the waterline and see what we can see underneath.”

lostsole31
2021-01-10, 03:11 PM
Tell me exactly how and in what manner.

digiman619
2021-01-10, 05:21 PM
Flair suggests a two by four marching order, with Vilma and Dorn up front, followed by Jaume and a gap, Jens and Flair in the third row, and Wren taking up the rear.

Blackhawk101
2021-01-10, 05:44 PM
“Sounds good.” nods Brother Jaume.
He surveys the slope around the pier for the best way down to the water line.

silphael
2021-01-11, 03:02 AM
Looking at Wren, Vilma asks.

"Are you ok with being the rear guard, Wren ?"

digiman619
2021-01-11, 04:03 AM
Flair will turn to the newcomer. "I can trade places with you, if you'd prefer."

lostsole31
2021-01-11, 09:25 AM
Wren says, tongue-in-cheek, "I'll take the rear. I'm good at taking the rear."

Now what?

digiman619
2021-01-11, 01:10 PM
Flair finds himself smirking to Wren's comment, but he does his best to stay focused as he turns to Jaume. "It's your lead; how do you think we should handle this?"

Blackhawk101
2021-01-11, 01:25 PM
“Well, if there a creature about, there are not to many places it could hide. The shack or under the pier are the only two obvious places. Let’s check the shack first, keeping a couple of us looking towards the pier while we do. If we find nothing in the shack, we walk down to the waterline and over to under the pier. It will be dark so I will illuminate my staff to check the shack and can cast illuminated a stone or pebble under the pier to give some light.”

silphael
2021-01-12, 07:00 AM
After smirking at Wren's answer, Vilma casts light on her shield, and advances toward the shack.*

"Let's start there then."

lostsole31
2021-01-12, 08:56 AM
Dorn lights his hammer, Vilma her shield, and Brother Jaume his quarterstaff. The light doesn't pierce the driving rain (during the dark gray morning) as well as you would hope, but still provides some level of comfort.

This means, of course, that folks gravitate to the light-bearers. Vilma and Wren. Dorn and Jens. Brother Jaume and his new student, Flair. Each trio takes a side of the shack, and using their light sources might even see others through the dusty, poorly boarded up windows of the abandoned bait shop. Likewise, each trio finds that while the shop is poorly boarded up, any doors into the shack have been locked.
It is assumed, of course, that while people are searching the area around the shack, they have their head on a swivel as well.
Both of you "feel" something off, but not from the shack ... the pier. You look at each other, sensing the other sensed it as well, and then look out to the pier. The pier is swallowed up in the hard rain, and yet for just a moment, you each think you saw something towards the end of the pier. Just a shape deep in the precipitation, but you don't know what.
The rain hits as it does, making the odds sound that it does. But at some point, Flair becomes just barely aware at the edge of his perception that there is a different sound. Not an emanation. Rather, it is as if the rain is hitting on a new, softer type of surface some distance away, likely toward the end of the pier, or surfacing from the water near the pier.
"We don't know what, but I know Jens and I both sensed ... something .... out there in the rain. A shape near the end of the pier, but the rain makes it hard to draw any kind of bead. But I am sure we are not alone."
What do you do?

Blackhawk101
2021-01-12, 01:12 PM
“Yeah, this weather will make whatever it is it difficult to spot. I will try to determine if it is evil but approaching together as a group offers us the best protection. To see better into the gloom under the pier, we can cast light onto stones and toss them.”

cast detect evil and advance with the group. Direct spell towards the pier.

lostsole31
2021-01-12, 09:54 PM
Brother Jaume has a plan, so let's move this thing forward ...

Does the party moves forward at half-speed:
1) So you don't slip on the slick boards, and
2) To make sure Brother Jaume can walk on this slick boards and concentrate to look for evil?

Anything else? Or move forward in marching order?

silphael
2021-01-13, 05:32 PM
After looking at the pier, Vilma turns toward the others.

"We probably should advance carefully and give each other some room."

Blackhawk101
2021-01-13, 06:14 PM
“Spilt up and head down to the water. Left side go left and right go right.”

lostsole31
2021-01-14, 12:39 AM
The party, already standing at the water in front of the pier ...
"I'm sorry, what? What does that mean? We're at the water. And left go left of what? And right go right of what? Is your friar one of those 'inscrutable masters' or something, because I am just not catching his lingo."

Blackhawk101
2021-01-14, 12:59 PM
“Apologies. I must have momentarily thought I was looking a flat overhead view of the pier without reference as to the height of the pier.
Stop at the edge of the pier and let me scan for any evil presence. After I give the OK, then move forward slowly as a group and stop again after 15 feet.”

scan for evil for three rounds and if none detected, move forward 15 feet and repeat scan. Scan in front and under the pier if possible. Can you angle detect spells? If he must, BJ will lay on the dock and lean over the side to scan / look underneath for hidden package.

lostsole31
2021-01-14, 08:36 PM
Brother Jaume, concentrating on his spell, heads out first.
"Don't worry about searching until we get to the end of the pier for safety. We don't want someone prone on the deck if something rushes in at us."
Vilma sees something moving towards the end of the pier, and Brother Jaume seems so hyper-vigilant on the return of his spell's ability to perceive something specific that he doesn't notice whatever it is moving up just a little bit.

Then, there is a sound. A hideous sound of many voices that drills into your brains.

Everyone, roll a Will saving throw ....

Blackhawk101
2021-01-14, 09:45 PM
“AAHHHH!” shouts Brother Jaume in anguish as the piercing cry assaults his senses.

[roll0]

lostsole31
2021-01-15, 01:12 PM
R1T25: Though "combat" technically hasn't begun, Brother Jaume, after that hideous noise, you are now hyper-aware. There is something about 15' from you, on the slick boards of the abandoned pier whose boards groan terribly because of the weight of the various people on it. Because of the reduced lighting with the rain, it is not very well illuminated. You are looking right down that area and don't sense any evil from your spell (that you are still concentraing on). What do you do?

Blackhawk101
2021-01-15, 08:46 PM
Bj holds up and tries to make sense of he is seeing. He keeps up his spell.

lostsole31
2021-01-15, 09:10 PM
R1T25: BJ holds up and tries to make sense of he is seeing. It is some sort of hard-to-define shape at the edge of his vision before the rain becomes a sheet in the distance. He keeps up his spell, though senses no evil.

R1T18: Wren moves up quickly .... sort of. He does a double move, but he doesn't step through any allied squares and only goes half movement."It's a gibbering mouther! Use crushing weapons. Stay on pier, don't move to ground. It can see all around better than we can in this rain. I'm going to ... I'm going to .... I was going to do .... something."
R1T17: Jens, what do you do? Wren is talking about using crushing weapons, but you know that Brother Jaume was looking for evil and hasn't sounded off.

bcool999
2021-01-17, 12:14 AM
Jens

Trying to peer through the rain, Jens readies himself to launch a fragment of earth at the figure on the pier should he see it.

Move action to Perception check for the figure Jen's can't currently see.
Standard Action: Readied action to attack with Earth Blast should the Figure appear to Jen's sight.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

lostsole31
2021-01-17, 08:36 AM
R1T17: Trying to peer through the rain, Jens readies himself to launch a fragment of earth at the figure on the pier should he see it. He does see it .... or something ... 15' ahead of Brother Jaume, but it is too far for Jens' earth blast.

R1T14: Something is spat out .... something that gets right into Brother Jaume's eyes, stinging his eyes and blinding him. It comes into distinct view for Vilma, Wren (who already got a good look at it), Dorn, and even Jens. It is a creature that makes consistent yammering noises from the many misshapen mouths on is amorphous body. So many eyes, so many mouths, and one of them just bit Brother Jaume in the left shin for 2. The hideous creature latches on, and then begins wrappit self wholly and in pseudopd-tentacular ways around Brother Jaume. Several more of the mouths bite on the monk for 2 + 1 CON (blood drain, which means another 4 hp).

R1T13: Flair, what do you do?

Jens, (Dorn), and Vilma, roll a SAN check as you are looking at something truly horrific!

digiman619
2021-01-17, 12:40 PM
Flair reached for his crossbow, before remembering that his bolts, like everything else he had owned, were left on that godsforsaken island. Instead, he moved up slowly as he barked instructions to the rest of the party. "Attack from range if you can; bludgeoning or energy damage is best here! Don't let it grab you if you can possibly avoid it!"
Double move up at half speed, ending up between Vilma and Wren. If a SAN check is appropriate here, here's the roll, with Flair doing the whole '1/rnd use INT for a save' thing. [roll0]

lostsole31
2021-01-17, 11:34 PM
R1T13: Flair reached for his crossbow, before remembering that his bolts, like everything else he had owned, were left on that godsforsaken island. Instead, he moved up slowly as he barked instructions to the rest of the party. "Attack from range if you can; bludgeoning or energy damage is best here! Don't let it grab you if you can possibly avoid it!"The horror of what you see now is still enough that even though you steel your mind, it only adds to those things which slowly erode your long-term mental fortitude (2 SAN).
R1T12: "I understand, Flair, but cowardice will not avail us .... or Brother Jaume," says Dorn as he moves forward. He swings wildly, slipping on the deck and missing, and nearly knackering himself from the attempt.

R1T8: Vilma, roll a SAN check. What do you do? How do you do it? What/whose spaces do you move through? How fast do you go?

Brother Jaume on deck, Wren in the hole ...

Jens roll a SAN check as you are looking at something truly horrific!

bcool999
2021-01-18, 12:34 AM
Sanity Roll: [roll0]

silphael
2021-01-18, 01:57 AM
Vilma steps forward cautiously, unsure of what she's facing.

2 move actions taken at half speed to go at the closest square in melee range, unsheathing my morningstar on the way.

Blackhawk101
2021-01-18, 12:57 PM
Blinded and being drained of blood, Brother Jaume punches at the thing grappling him in a wild flurry.

FAA, risky strike, flurry of blows, spend 1 ki point for extra attack.Ki strike all attacks, stunning fist attack #1[DCFort16]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

“Blind! Something’s got me!”

lostsole31
2021-01-19, 01:02 AM
R1T8: Vilma steps forward cautiously, unsure of what she's facing. Unfortunately, as she moves through the area with Dorn, the two of them and their combined weight of bodies and equipment is just too much for the pier to handle, and that 5' section breaks away. Both she and Dorn fail to catch the sides and they go into the water. Vilma tumbles into the water clumsily, having hit some of the pier enough to take 5. Both are underwater now.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T25: Blinded and being drained of blood, Brother Jaume punches at the thing grappling him in a wild flurry, but he just doesn't feel like he connected enough to do anything worthwhile.“Blind! Something’s got me!”
R2T18: Wren moves carefully forward, around Flair. From a pouch he takes out a little feather and intones a spell while waving the feather in a tickle-like fashion towards the mouthy blob, but nothing happens.

R2T17: Things just took a major turn for the worst, Jens. Brother Jaume hadn't fully "internally" recovered from the ravages of the fungal rot and he's getting gnoshed on. And then, two of the party just broke through the pier and into the water. You have no idea how well Dorn swims .... but considering he was raised among dwarves, it's not looking good. Then, to add to that, the other person that just fell into the water is in full plate armor. What do you do?

Gibbering mouther on deck, Flair in the hole ...

bcool999
2021-01-19, 02:37 AM
Jens

Those in the water don’t panic! Hold your breath and move to shore. Walk across the bottom if you have to!

Jens moves closer, debating trying to shoot the creature off of Jaume. Deciding to trust in the monk’s sighted abilities, Jens cures Jaume’s sight at the cost of his own.

move half speed 15ft closer not entering Flair’s space.
Standard action: transfer ailment to give Blinded to Jens and give Jaume his sight back.

lostsole31
2021-01-20, 04:46 AM
R2T17:"Those in the water don’t panic! Hold your breath and move to shore. Walk across the bottom if you have to!" Jens moves closer, debating trying to shoot the creature off of Jaume. Deciding to trust in the monk’s sighted abilities, Jens cures Jaume’s sight at the cost of his own.

Brother Jaume, roll a SAN check!

No sooner does Brother Jaume see and Jens loses vision, Jens' vision returns.

R2T14: The gibbering mouther tries to actually put Brother Jaume in an ever-widening maw, but the wily monk gets out of the creature's grip.

R2T13: Flair, what do you do?

Dorn on deck, Vilma in the hole ...

digiman619
2021-01-20, 11:41 AM
Flair had been expecting something weird upon seeing the Mouther, but the degree of its alien-ness shook him in a way he didn't have time to analyze right now. Still, now was the time for action. Cody had a plan, and it frankly sounded better than this thing trying to eat them while trying keep the pier from collapsing.

"Fall back and hold your fire!" he shouted. He didn't know if it could understand Common, so he teped the second half of his instructions. He then took a few steps back to give his teammates egress.
"I have a plan, and we don't want to fight it on this unstable pier, anyway"
MA: move 10 feet back. That allows a 5 foot corridor so they can fall back without sharing a square and risking the pier to collapse more.

lostsole31
2021-01-20, 04:24 PM
R2T13: Flair had been expecting something weird upon seeing the Mouther, but the degree of its alien-ness shook him in a way he didn't have time to analyze right now. Still, now was the time for action. Cody had a plan, and it frankly sounded better than this thing trying to eat them while trying keep the pier from collapsing.

"Fall back and hold your fire!" he shouted. He didn't know if it could understand Common, so he teped the second half of his instructions. He then took a few steps back to give his teammates egress. "I have a plan, and we don't want to fight it on this unstable pier, anyway."
R2T12:"Okay, using the piling to force myself to bottom quicker. Lit hammer to help me find my way back to shore."
R2T8: Vilma, what do you do?

silphael
2021-01-20, 09:12 PM
Vilma tries to swim, but will probably more walk at the bottom.

Let's try to swim to the shore in full plate and with a shield !

[roll0]

Blackhawk101
2021-01-20, 11:45 PM
Brother Jaume grimaces at the twisted creature before unleashing a flurry of leather footed kicks to the creature’s misshapen mouths.

“Go ahead and move back. I will try to hold it here until you are clear.”

FAA, risky strike, flurry of blows, ki strike, added attack by spending one ki.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

lostsole31
2021-01-21, 12:06 AM
R2T8: Vilma tries to swim, but will probably more walk at the bottom. Because she attempts the swim, however, the best she does is press herself out of the pier pilings and flounder about in the water ....sinking until she is prone on the bottom. Dorn is in front of her, but he had controlled his descent using the pilings instead of trying to swim and is on his feet.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T25: Brother Jaume grimaces at the twisted creature before unleashing a flurry of leather footed kicks to the creature’s misshapen mouths. Only one of these blows transfers enough energy into the body to do 13.“Go ahead and move back. I will try to hold it here until you are clear.”
R3T18: Wren tries to jump across the gap, but doesn't appear to be a particularly powerful jumper, he was standing, and the deck is slick. He fumbles terribly, falls on piling pieces for 3 before he is underwater himself.

R3T17: Jens, what do you do?

bcool999
2021-01-23, 12:53 PM
Jens

Jens decides to retreat, but fires off a parting shot at the creature before falling back to just past Flair.

"Don't really see why we shouldn't leave a parting gift, but I agree with leaving this pier behind."

Standard Action: Earth Blast the Mouther.

Attack: [roll0] Have Precise Shot (traded out PBS with the elephant rules implementation)
Damage: [roll1] Bludgeoning

Move Action: move at half speed 2 squares south toward shore then 1 square diagonally southwest to the square south of flair. Should leave an open corridor for Juame to use should he disengage.

lostsole31
2021-01-24, 12:00 PM
R3T17: Jens decides to retreat, but fires off a parting shot at the creature (competely missing) before falling back to just past Flair."Don't really see why we shouldn't leave a parting gift, but I agree with leaving this pier behind."
R3T14: The gibbering mouther squirts burning fluid right into Brother Jaume's eyes again, but this time it burns even more than before. It then bites at the blinded brother several times (1+4+4), but doesn't get ahold of him.

R3T13: Flair, what do you do?

Dorn on deck, Vilma in the hole...

digiman619
2021-01-25, 02:04 AM
Flair fumed. This entire boondoggle could have been avoided if people had just listened. Now he had crew in the water and his plans lay in ruins. As he shouted to his teammates, he looked around the pier for any sort of rope he could throw to the men in the drink. "JAUME! I said fall back! ! Jens, keep blasting that thing! Anyone who can swim, help our people in the water!" He then screeched at the monster, in frustration as well as to in a vain hope to scare it away.
Intimidate the mouther, taking 10, but spending a point of Inspiration on it. Thus I get a 23 + [roll0].
MA: Search for rope or anything else that can help the people in the water.
If this is how Flair learns that he knows Aklo, he will say "Flee now and you'll get to live."

lostsole31
2021-01-25, 01:18 PM
R3T13: Flair fumed. This entire boondoggle could have been avoided if people had just listened. Now he had crew in the water and his plans lay in ruins. As he shouted to his teammates, he looked around the pier for any sort of rope he could throw to the men in the drink. "JAUME! I said fall back! ! Jens, keep blasting that thing! Anyone who can swim, help our people in the water!" He then screeched at the monster, in frustration as well as to in a vain hope to scare it away. His screech is hideous, primal, and takes on a primordial caste of more than just an elongated vowel stream, but actually sounds like it could be babbling scream .... or even language!Yup, you just realize you spoke in Aklo, and even identified it as such.
R3T12: Dorn helps Vilma onto her feet underwater, then uses the pilings to act as his guide as he begins swim-walking underwater.

R3T8: Vilma, you are holding your breath underwater, and Dorn just helped you to your feet. What do you do?

Blind Brother Jaume on deck, Wren in the hole ...

silphael
2021-01-25, 01:34 PM
Now on her feet, Vilma swim-walks toward the shore.

Let's keep "swimming" then !

[roll0]

lostsole31
2021-01-25, 01:58 PM
R3T8: Now on her feet, Vilma swim-walks toward the shore.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T25: Brother Jaume, you are blinded right now, but you are sure the thing is where it was before. What do you do?

Wren on deck, Jens in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2021-01-25, 10:15 PM
Brother Jaume stumbles back a couple of steps before looking up to the sky hoping the rain can clear his vision before wiping his eyes with a damp sleeve.

5 ft move back
Attempt to clear vision.

lostsole31
2021-01-25, 11:13 PM
R4T25: Brother Jaume stumbles back a couple of steps, but being unable to see and the slick deck opened him to an attack, and he gets nipped on the chest for 2. Brother Jaume looks up to the sky, hoping the rain can clear his vision before wiping his eyes with a damp sleeve. First, yeah, when you can't see, movement is double, so no five-foot free move.

Next, I do like what you did there with the rain. It was inventive and clever. On the other hand, you had a "critical fail" the first time round. So, I had you succeed on a Heal check which boosted a second save. This doesn't clear your vision, but dropped the remaining duration by half. If you tried it again, you could clear it. Note that this is not just a visual occlusion, or would be easier to resolve. The fluid the mouther spits out is a type of low-grade acid.
R4T18: Wren gets clear of the inner section of the pier and shouts, muffled some by the rain, but blaring over the collective as well: "Help! I can't swim! Help!"

R4T17: Jens, what do you do? Because of the rain, you don't see Brother Jaume well enough to see what he's doing at your distance, and he didn't mention his distress had returned, so Jens doesn't know Brother Jaume has been blinded (again).

digiman619
2021-01-26, 10:25 AM
Flair made a split second decision. He tepe'd Jens "I'll get Wren" before turning towards the water.

bcool999
2021-01-26, 04:32 PM
Jens

Looking through the rain at the barely visible figures fighting in the distance Jens let's his doubts be heard over the collective.
"Yeah... If the plan relies on my accuracy we are in trouble. I guess I could try..."

His telepathy cuts off as Jens moves forward with an idea in mind. Back to where he was moments ago he focuses on the creature and fights against it's nervous system.

Move diagonally right and up one square and then two more squares up using half speed movement. (Basically retracing his path from last turn to avoid Flair's space)

Assuming that his new position restores LOS and LOE to the creature, manifest Involuntary Bodily Function Augmented to 4 PP. Creature (assuming it is living and thus a valid target) must make a Fort save DC 15 or be nauseated for 4 minutes. If it fails the Fort save it also requires a Reflex at the same DC or fall prone.

lostsole31
2021-01-26, 08:38 PM
Flair made a split second decision. He tepe'd Jens "I'll get Wren" before turning towards the water.

R4T17: Looking through the rain at the barely visible figures fighting in the distance Jens let's his doubts be heard over the collective."Yeah... If the plan relies on my accuracy, we are in trouble. I guess I could try..."His telepathy cuts off as Jens moves forward with an idea in mind. Back to where he was moments ago he focuses on the creature and fights against it's nervous system. Its amorphous nervous system is a riot, however, and Jens is unable to affect its body.

R4T14: The gibbering mouther glorps across the deck to bite Brother Jaume for 2. The cleric only barely manages to keep from being held. It shapes its body to have a section on the side not be blocked by the rotund rounder, and a stream of green acid hits Jens in the eye, blinding him with a burning pain!

R4T13: Flair, what do you do?

digiman619
2021-01-26, 08:55 PM
Flair dove into the water, doing his best to grab Wren and drag him to one of the supports.
Jump into the water and attempt to help get Wren to the supports. You know, the logs the pier is built on. I don't know if there's a specific name for them.
If the die result is greater than 8, I will use inspiration. If the inspiration result is less than 4, I will also use Daring Inspiration.
[roll0] + [roll1] [roll2]
EDIT: WELP

lostsole31
2021-01-26, 09:10 PM
R4T13: Flair dove into the water, but was surprised when his own ineptness and inability to swim kept him under waves and with no forward progression towards Wren.

R4T12: A few feet below him, Flair sees Dorn's warhammer lighting the water (and Vilma's shield behind him), as Dorn uses the piling to help him maintain forward progress and slightly up the sediment-ridden bottom as he is now underneath Flair (no gap)."Why? Oh, why are you in the water now, Flair?"
R4T8: Vilma, what do you do? Flair is directly above Dorn (slight incline where Dorn is), and Dorn 10' from you. Meanwhile, Wren flails in the water by the pier 10' behind and 10' above you.

Brother Jaume on deck, Wren in the hole.

silphael
2021-01-27, 03:11 PM
Worried about Wren, Vilma keeps walking toward the shore.

"Throw a rope ?"

lostsole31
2021-01-27, 11:19 PM
R4T8: Worried about Wren, Vilma keeps walking toward the shore."Throw a rope?"
End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T25: Brother Jaume, what do you do? You are currently blinded.

Wren on deck, Jens in the hole...

Blackhawk101
2021-01-28, 01:23 PM
Blinded, the portly friar scrubs his eyes again with his sleeve. With his sight restored, he takes several quick swings at the creature and a 5 foot move back.

if cleaning eyes takes an action, abort the attack. Take five foot step. Full defense.
FAA, flurry of blows, ki strike(magic), buy extra attack 1 ki, risky strike.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

lostsole31
2021-01-28, 11:39 PM
R5T25: Blinded, the portly friar scrubs his eyes again with his sleeve and the rainwater, but in doing so he is attacked by the mouther as it bites him in the groin for 4 but fails to hold him. Jaume's efforts find success and he stumbles back on the wet boards, the mouther already spent in its attack on the now unblinded Jaume as he has a little perspective ... which includes a blinded Jaume standing right behind him now.

R5T18: Wren is on the surface, and at the risk of sinking stops treading water to concentrate ... at which point he then turns into a misty form of himself that extrudes from the water! It seems that however Wren turned into a little cloudy version of himself ... looking like the myrad other curls of misty vapor in the rain ... he no longer needs a rescue.

R5T17: Jens, you are blinded. What do you do?

Gibbering mouther on deck, Flair on deck (but 5' below surface) ...

bcool999
2021-01-30, 02:11 AM
Jens

Not trusting himself to move on the slick pier while blinded, Jens remains in place and speaks over the collective.

"Argh! It blinded me! Let me know if you need healing I'm not good for much else until I can see."

Jens prepares to manifest healing should an ally request it.

Readied action to Manifest Natural Healing over the collective to an ally that asks for it. Spending 3 PP for 9 Healing.

lostsole31
2021-01-30, 02:21 AM
R5T13: Flair, you saw Wren suddenly discorporate, but you don't see him now. Meanwhile, you are underwater. What do you do?

digiman619
2021-01-30, 02:39 AM
Flair had questions about Wren's sudden departure from the water. Right now, however, the important part was getting to the pier's supports; once he had something solid to grab ahold of, he could position himself back to the shore.
Swim check. If the result is a 7 or better, I will use inspiration, and I'm going to use one of my Daring Inspriations.
[roll0] + ( [roll1] or [roll2] )

lostsole31
2021-01-30, 02:22 PM
R5T13-12: Flair had questions about Wren's sudden departure from the water. Right now, however, the important part was getting to the pier's supports; once he had something solid to grab ahold of, he could position himself back to the shore. He successfully rights himself, gets his head above water, and doggy-paddles towards shore using the pilings to help him. Meanwhile, directly below him and now almost to a point where Flair could stand on him, Dorn walks up the incline of the bottom.

R5T8: Vilma, what do you do?

silphael
2021-01-30, 02:44 PM
Vilma keeps walking toward the shore, kinda lacking other options for now.

"The pier is far too fragile, keep pulling back !"

She keeps walking to the shore/wall.

lostsole31
2021-01-30, 03:01 PM
R5T8: Vilma keeps walking toward the shore, kinda lacking other options for now."The pier is far too fragile, keep pulling back!"

Her transmission is followed by someone else whimpering telepathically. "Voices, voices...."
Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T25: Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Wren on deck, Jens ....

Blackhawk101
2021-01-30, 04:04 PM
“Jens, use the rain water and your clothing to clear your eyes. Then move back.”

BJ swings at the gibbering horror.

FAA, Flurry of blows, natural attacks punch, ki strike (magic), extra attack +1 ki, risky strikes. Stunning blow first attack only.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Blackhawk101
2021-01-30, 04:06 PM
[roll0]
more text to make this a valid post.

lostsole31
2021-01-31, 08:18 PM
R6T25:“Jens, use the rain water and your clothing to clear your eyes. Then move back.”Brother Jaume puts his connection into the first knee strike, but only glumps into its wriggly hide. He lost his ability to wreak havoc on its nervous system, but he chambers the foot farther back and having checked it with the first attack lets fly a devastating kick that even results in a satisfying crunch of the keratinized teeth of a mouth, but does 13. He lets out a quick jab, but is mainly preoccupied with the thought that he should have struck more keenly, and that perhaps this creature's strange makeup makes it immune to blows that would fell another.

R6T18: "Get out of my mind!" comes Wren's collective 'shout.'
R6T17: Jens, what do you do? You do recognize that Wren .... who seemed fine with the collective briefly before, seems to be attempting to leave it (but is failing).

bcool999
2021-02-01, 01:43 PM
Jens

Listening to the Friar, Jens attempts to clear his vision and move back to shore.

If still blind: Use whatever action necessary + water to clear eyes. If actions remain available afterword. Move at half speed toward shore.

If no longer blind: Double move at half speed to shore.

lostsole31
2021-02-01, 04:11 PM
R6T17: Listening to the Friar, Jens attempts to clear his vision, his medical expertise and the rain giving him success! He then moves carefully towards the shore.

R6T14: The mouther sends spittle at Brother Jaume, who dodges, but then attacks him with many mouths. Three mouths glom onto Brother Jaume for 8 total, but doesn't get to latch on.

R6T13: Flair, what do you do?

digiman619
2021-02-01, 05:21 PM
Now that his head was above the water, Flair took a deep breath as he brought his legs to the support, which now that he could breathe he remembered was called a piling. He sent a telepathic message to the rest of the party before kicking off of the piling in order to grab onto the next one, effectively shimmying his way across until it got shallow enough to walk out of.
"Wren, it's okay. You're not crazy, the collective just allows us to communicate telepathically. Jens, let him out and get that thing off this pier."
Swim check, using inspiration.
[roll0] + [roll1]

silphael
2021-02-01, 06:43 PM
Barely seeing the one in front of her raising out, she keeps advancing.

Don't really have a lot of other options, so...

lostsole31
2021-02-01, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=lostsole31;24910287]R6T13: Now that his head was above the water, Flair took a deep breath as he brought his legs to the support, which now that he could breathe he remembered was called a piling. He sent a telepathic message to the rest of the party before kicking off of the piling in order to grab onto the next one, effectively shimmying his way across until it got shallow enough that he could just put his feet down and not worry about drowning."Wren, it's okay. You're not crazy, the collective just allows us to communicate telepathically. Jens, let him out and get that thing off this pier."
R6T12: Dorn moves some and is now almost out of the water, side-by-side with Flair, his head just poking up as he gets a breath.

R6T8: Barely seeing the one in front of her raising out, she keeps advancing.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T25: Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Wren on deck, Jens in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2021-02-01, 08:19 PM
Brother Jaume retreats to shore, moving carefully.

withdraw at half speed to dry land and no further.

lostsole31
2021-02-01, 10:07 PM
R7T25: Brother Jaume retreats to shore, moving carefully, while also going around Jens instead of past him (in his square) so as not to have his heavy body break the boards.

R7T18: Wren is no longer part of the collective. Still, because his dagger was lit, there is a strange ethereal glow over the water moving SW.

R7T17: Jens, what do you do?

Mouther on deck, Flair in the hole ...

digiman619
2021-02-01, 11:23 PM
Flair stands, his feet now on, well, not dry land per se, but enough that drowning was no longer immediate threat. Knowing that there were party members under water, he stretched his arm out as far as it could and tepe'd "Vilma, grab my hand!",hoping to grab ahold of her and pull her out of the water.
Use my Pugnacious trait to increase my reach to 10 feet and grapple Vilma. If grapple is successful, move 10 south (as I can move half my speed controlling the grapple) so she's out of the water.

bcool999
2021-02-01, 11:39 PM
Jens

Moving cautiously off the pier, Jens will plant his feet on terra firma and ready himself for the approaching Monster.

Move action: move half speed to the square SE of Juame.

Standard action: Ready an action to Earth Blast the creature of many mouthes.

Attack: [roll0] With PBS (unaltered earthy blasts are always point blank)
Damage: [roll1] with PBS