PDA

View Full Version : PartyOfRouges Story Heavy 5e Game IC

PartyOfRogues
2020-03-31, 08:34 AM
Late in the evening, you all arrive at the city of Mistspire, you have all come here for one reason or another, but it is getting late, and you should find somewhere to rest and have a hot meal, after wandering for a while you end up at the Dwarf’s Hammer inn to spend the night.

Valmark
2020-03-31, 04:13 PM
Arackx walked inside, the black hood and mantle badly hiding (meaning almost not at all) his dragonic features and heavy build. The travel had been long and strenous- having to hide from his own people wasn't something Arackx was used to. He couldn't wait to settle down for at least a night. Unfortunately, starting the next day he was going to have to get back to work.

He sitted down at a table as far removed from the center as possible- no one was supposed to know about him, besides his prey, but caution was never too much. He waved a waiter over, fully planning on enjoying at least a hot meal in peace.

Ramsus
2020-03-31, 05:53 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/b/ba/Gria.png/revision/latest?cb=20140819034920
Pastelle of Clan Raptor (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2100739)
Gria Summoner
AC: 14 HP: 27/27
PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 15
Conditions: --
Concentrating On: --

Pastelle, weary of travel, left Cobalt outside since she assumed this establishment wouldn't be keen on having a mount come indoors with her. Still getting acclimated to this unusual environment, she goes to sit at a table out of the way of others so she can just observe them for a bit. As she reaches it and is about to sit down in a chair, another person... one much larger than her, sits down. "Oh! Excuse me." she says with a start. She looks around, unsure what to do. Hesitantly she asks, "Do you... mind if I sit here... with you?" clearly unsure if that's a normal thing to do with strangers in this land.

Valmark
2020-03-31, 06:58 PM
Arackx hadn't noticed the... Wasn't sure what to call her, aside from tiny. But there again, he was larger then most anyway.
He had really hoped for a bit of isolation, but there was no way he could refuse a polite and timid request like that.
"Ssure" he replied, with a low and coarse voice "Ssorry for sstealing the sspace" he moved a bit. There wasn't exactly a lack of space around, but he didn't want to seem overbearing.

Imbalance
2020-04-01, 12:27 PM
At an adjacent table, a quiet lump rests alone, still trying to master the best way for a mug of ale to reach his lips. The server has kept an eye on this strange visitor ever since the vessel vanished beneath his face half an hour ago, but at length, his snout slowly moves aside and two brilliant white columns of ivory are again revealed as the cup returns to the table before him, empty. Just as slowly, the columns vanish, and the lump becomes still and silent again.

Two other patrons arrive and he barely notices, except to recognize the way the tall one seems to be trying to avoid notice, much like himself. This draws his attention then to the small one, who doesn't seem to know the other. He doesn't care, and deigns to keep to himself and not eavesdrop. To put any curiosity away, he curls the end of his nose from below to just above the edge of the table and takes a whiff. A dragonborn, of couse, and a...a large bird? His blue eyes roll upward, and he observes this pair with keen interest.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-02, 08:25 PM
As you sit down, the tavern seems quieter than you’d expect, after a couple minutes a dwarf approaches you ”So, I suppose you two would like some ale?

Valmark
2020-04-02, 08:51 PM
Looks like smiles didn't come with the service.
"Do not know about her... But I mosst ccertainly would like it. And ssomething hot to eat" he said, looking around. He wondered if it was just general quiet or if it was purposefully quiet.

After the waiter left, he looked at his newfound companion.
"I sshould probably greet you, ssince we are eating together. I am Arackx Varackx, but the lasst partss can be quite challenging to pronounce. Ara or Vara iss alright"

tell me if the double "s" and others are bothersome to read!

Also, perception check to notice someone acting strange: [roll0]

That includes Dom- his natural stealth is better them Arackx perception, so he likely hasn't noticed Dom "spying" them.
EDIT: Nevermind, the giant elephant guy spying their table has completely escaped notice. Though he isn't that big in comparison.

Ramsus
2020-04-02, 10:01 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/b/ba/Gria.png/revision/latest?cb=20140819034920
Gria Summoner

Pastelle takes a seat once her table-companion says it's ok.

"Yes, for me as well. Thank you." she says to the dwarf, wondering what kind of food they make here and maybe being a bit more polite that normal because of how unsure she is about this situation.

At her companion's introduction she laughs and replies, "I am used to having to deal with much more challenging names than that Arackx Varackx. I am Pastelle of Clan Raptor of the Gria peoples. Perhaps or not a cousin to yours depending on the legitimacy of either people's claim of draconic blood. So do you come from here? I, clearly, do not."

Also gonna do Perception: [roll0]
and/or Insight: [roll1]

Valmark
2020-04-03, 04:48 AM
"There issn't much to disscussss on ny legitimacy" Arackx pointed out "Ass you can ssee by the sscaless and head" he looked around. It didn't look like anyone -or anything- was spying on them, so maybe he was just on edge?

"I am not from here too, jusst vissiting for... Work" he didn't want to offer much more information- for how small it was, there was the possibily that his target was in the room, maybe even next to him "Can I call you Passtelle without everything else attached?"

Ramsus
2020-04-03, 11:50 AM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle thinks better of pointing out that kobolds and sometimes even lizardfolk make very similar claims about their draconic heritage based on the exact same evidence and simply replies with a friendly smile, "Yes, Pastelle is fine. Thank you." There's an awkward pause as Pastelle isn't sure what to say next.

Imbalance
2020-04-03, 02:48 PM
Dom watched the dwarf as he listened to the other two. He thought the server might at least ask if needed a fillup, but it must have been pretty clear that he paid for his one drink with his last coin. He was still thirsty, and getting hungry. He heard the dragonborn speak of work, and listened more intently.

Valmark
2020-04-03, 06:26 PM
Arackx didn't mind the silence in all honesty. He wasn't the greatest talker you could find, he hadn't come there for leisure and the company had been quite abrupt. Still, it would have been bad form if he had let the conversation drop after going out of his way to present himself.
"Sso, why have you come here? Are you jusst a traveler?" she didn't look shifty enough to be on the run, but you never knew.

Ramsus
2020-04-03, 07:54 PM
Gria Summoner

"You could say all my people are travelers. Or at least we were until the Crimson Order stole our lands and pushed us out because we would not then let them steal our herds and our faith as well. I have come here because the Small Gods willed it, though I do not yet know why." Pastelle replies in a rather even tone for the words she's saying.

Valmark
2020-04-04, 08:29 AM
Arackx stiffened, lowering his head. He knew perfectly well that the Order wasn't very tolerant when it came to religious beliefs- if in your gods Vecna didn't figure, you needed to go. If it wasn't for that then maybe everyone would support them, but unfortunately that was the reality.

"I am... Ssorry to hear it" he said, not sure what to add. Now the silence felt heavy to him. Hopefully food would come soon.

Imbalance
2020-04-04, 09:04 AM
Dom didn't know it, but his reaction to overhearing the little one's words was the same as the dragonborn's. Here was another refugee of the Order with another woeful tale of oppression. He feels a tension welling inside, so he remembers a stanza to calm his nerves:

Like a mouse inside a maze
Wondering around for days
With smile upon my face
I never want to leave this place

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-04, 01:32 PM
After a few minutes the dwarf returns with two mugs of ale and bowls of stew, ”That’ll be 5 silver for each of you, though if any of you can perform I’d be happy to give you a free meal and room for the night if you get a few more people in here.”

Ramsus
2020-04-04, 04:23 PM
Gria Summoner

"Would you prefer horns or drums?" Pastelle asks, looking hungrily at the stew. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until she could smell it.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-04, 06:49 PM
”Whichever you prefer” the dwarf says, “does your friend play an instrument?”

Valmark
2020-04-04, 08:35 PM
"Oh, abssolutely not" Arackx replies "Unlessss you want to losse all your cusstomerss, which sseemss to defeat the purposse of playing" he said, leaving his payment on the table and taking his own meal and ale.

Imbalance
2020-04-05, 10:16 PM
Dom's eyes light on the dwarf, and he gestures to him to come near. When he does, the lump very calmly asks, "sir, do your guests...enjoy poetry?"

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-06, 08:56 AM
”I don’t see why not, so give it a try.”Performance checks from each of you

Imbalance
2020-04-06, 10:01 AM
Dom slowly nods.

The loxodon moves with the appearance of languidity, but every action is a deliberate and breathless exercise in caution. He lifts the table away from him, trying not to allow it to produce friction over the floor. Slowly yet unceasingly he sidesteps off of his seat and next to the dwarf without standing up in an odd display of balance. He then turns and puts the table back before stooping to lift a chest from beneath it that he places on top while his nimble trunk opens the lid. He removes a small book and recloses the box and spins completely around, having yet to fully stand. He squats lower and leans to one side, resting on one hand while the other stretches to slide beneath a coil of rope fixed to the chest. He holds that rope with his trunk, leans back up and trades the book to his other hand, and leans the other way to repeat the rope loop maneuver until the box is firmly lashed to his broad back. To the observer, none of this happened swiftly, yet it seemed to happen all at once.

He nods at the dwarf again, but being this close to the Gria's height, Dom can't help but make eye contact, looking on with curiosity as he rises to a standing position. He turns then to plod his way to the platform, takes out his book, and begins, "good evening." His voice is not loud, but its resonance fills the room. "If you don't mind, I would like to present a dramatic reading of the celebrated bard, William Bailey; excerpts from his treatise on his favorite school of magic."

[roll0]

"'I bought myself...an...illluuusion...and I put it...on the waaaaalll. I let it fill my head with dreeeaaams - I had to have them aalll. But, OH! That TASTE! Is never so sweet...as what you believe...it is...it's these...PREJudiced...ILL.LU.SIONS...that pump the blood...to the heart...of the biz...'

Ramsus
2020-04-06, 04:30 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle claps at the end of the loxodon's poetry, then wait for the dwarf to give her the signal to perform. She moves over somewhere closer to the door so it will carry into the street to attract customers, hopefully, and begins to play a lively tune or her horn. As she does she dances and flits about a good bit.

Performance: [roll0]

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-06, 10:25 PM
As you start reciting your poetry, a couple people come in, mainly out of interest, since poetry isn’t common among dwarves. As the music starts, more people come in and start to drink, ”Thanks for bringing in some customers, you and your friend’s rooms are on me tonight.”

Imbalance
2020-04-07, 07:26 AM
Dom bowed for the applause, graciously. He didn't consider himself a performer in this life or any other, but he found it pleasing that some folk still enjoyed prose. But it was such a delight to watch the small one move about and play with acute skill, that, for the first time since his return, he felt himself smile. When she finished, he beat his wide palms together, but no clapping sound did they make. Instead, he trumpeted his applause. It tickled. He would have to work on that.

In the meantime, he wanted to introduce himself to the dragonborn in the corner. He felt a sense that they may have more in common than meets the eye. He made his way back to the far corner of the tavern. With a humble bow, he slowly greeted him, "hello, sir. Please, pardon the intrusion." Dom's fingers made a thick pyramid as he continued, "I don't mean to be rude, but when I was seated here earlier I heard you mention something about work. As I seek employment, myself, I wonder if you've had any luck."

Valmark
2020-04-07, 09:38 AM
Arackx had been eating after declining the dwarf's request. At least after the stupor of seeing the... He wasn't sure he had even heard in his life of a race with those characteristcs. Still, even though Arackx didn't quite get poetry, he kind of believed that to have been a good show. Pastelle's show had been quite easier to understand and he liked the horn's sounds. All in all, he could have asked for a much worst evening.

Or so he though until the loxodon (not that he knew that was the name of the race) talked to him. He immediately went in the defensive, trying to cover himself with the cloak as much as he could.
"I am not sseeking work" he said. He did want to point out that he didn't like eavesdroppers, but he didn't want to cause a scene. Or attract attention.
"But to ansswer, no. At leasst not for now. Why? I assssure you that I can not afford an helper, unfortunately"

Imbalance
2020-04-07, 10:34 AM
"My apologies, sir," says Dom, catching a glimpse of some details of this person's garb. "It is well that we do not compete, though..." his voice quiets as his snout unfurls like a tentacle, grasping a round object at the end. "...perhaps it is the will of the Whispered One that we meet in this place. The object drops from his trunk into his waiting palm, and with a slow gesture he holds it low between his tusks and reveals it for only the dragonborn to see: a glass effigy of the Eye.

Valmark
2020-04-07, 10:54 AM
Arackx glanced at the effigy, then fixed his bright eyes on the loxodon. If it was a trap it was a very strange one indeed, to go taunt him in a public space like that.
"I guessss I sshould do a better job at covering mysself" he said, shifting in the cloak to try and hide the signals better.
"I do not think you are here to meet me. What iss ssomeone like you doing here? Ass for me, I am... Sseeking ssomeone" he asked, glancing at Pastelle. He was ready to cut the conversation short if she came near them.

Imbalance
2020-04-07, 12:23 PM
Putting the glass orb away, Dom apologizes again. "Forgive me, I do not wish to interfere in the business of the Crimson Order," he says curtly as he glances around the room. He begins to step away from the table.

Ramsus
2020-04-07, 12:39 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle comes back to the table just as the loxodon is about to leave it. She'd very rarely encountered his kind before, but at least she wasn't another person giving him the "what even is this being?" look.
"Hello, I liked your performance. It was... quite different from the poetry I'm used to." she says as she sits down again.

Imbalance
2020-04-07, 02:18 PM
"Oooh," Dom emotes, somewhat startled as he turns to face her. He curls his trunk bashfully, and says, "thank you. I suspect that few in these parts are familiar with the lyrical musings of the troupe called Rose & Crossbow." He blinks and shuffles his feet, then pauses to add, "I thought you played beautifully." He begins to walk away again.

Valmark
2020-04-07, 04:19 PM
"At thiss point you can even join uss" Arackx said. Something had perked up his interest- the loxodon said that he didn't want to barge into the Crimson Order's job. The wording implied that he wasn't part of it- which could be a trap but could also mean that he has no knowledge of Arackx.
"It iss not like you are sseated far from here" and also, this way he didn't have to worry about eavesdropping.

Ramsus
2020-04-07, 05:55 PM
Gria Summoner

At Arackx's something surprising invitation, Pastelle nods and adds, "Yes, please join us." with a smile.

"I certainly haven't at least. My people travel a lot, but most of our poetry is about battles, warriors, romance, the nomadic life, nature, or the Small Gods. And the styles we use are nothing like what yours was." she says in reply to the poetry topic, clearly at least genuinely interested in the topic.

Imbalance
2020-04-08, 05:52 AM
Hesitant to make small talk with a perceived agent of the Order, but also tempted to possibly learn of various contacts and operatives who may be working in Mistspire, Dom reluctantly accepts. He slowly, gingerly takes a seat opposite of Arackx, testing the chair's sturdiness before resting on it fully. Finally, he exhales and thanks his table hosts.

To Pastelle, he says, "the style is something of my own embellishment to the Common adaptation. It sounds much better in the original Elvish."

Valmark
2020-04-09, 08:35 PM
Arackx focused on his meal. It's not like he wanted to be rude, but he had literally no idea what to add. Music and poetry were things that flied way over his head.
"Yess, that sstyle wass... Interessting. But I am not much of an artisstss" he finally said.

Sorry- was hoping you'd keep talking between you 'cause I had no idea what to add >.>

Imbalance
2020-04-10, 06:57 AM
As the awkward silence grows, Dom eventually breaks the ice with a casual inquiry, "have either of you been in town for long?"

Ramsus
2020-04-10, 12:15 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle shakes her head negatively and replies, "I just arrived here myself. How about you?"

Valmark
2020-04-10, 12:22 PM
Arackx perked up- that was a conversation he could actually follow.
"Hardly. I do not think I ever even heard of thiss place before having to come here. Though it hass proven to be far more lively then I initially expected. You?"

Imbalance
2020-04-10, 12:59 PM
Their answers hold no surprises for Dom, certainly not after witnessing the diversity of the patronage at a place called the Dwarf's Hammer. It was clear at the beginning that these folks weren't likely to be regulars, rather just off the road, like himself. Still, there was no good reason to reveal too much, nor hide the one thing they all have in common.

"I am new here, too. Like you, Arackx Varackx, I am looking for someone in Mistspire. Like you, Pastelle of Clan Raptor, I cannot soon return to where I am from, and have been traveling for some time. Again, I apologize for overhearing, but I can seldom help it," he says as he gently flaps his ears, musing to himself how easily the dragonborn's name rolled off of his new tongue while words he had been able to speak for a century were now impossible.

Ramsus
2020-04-10, 06:15 PM
Gria Summoner

"Well, I suppose you cannot help put poke your nose into other people's business with one as long as yours." Pastelle replies with a little self-amused smile, clearly not taking offense or meaning any. "I suppose I could return the favor and perhaps help you in your searches, while I search for whatever it is I am meant to find here."

Valmark
2020-04-11, 05:15 AM
Arackx almost chocked on the beer when Pastelle offered to help. He couldn't say wether or not she was competent enough- what troubled him was the possible reaction to his... Origins. Still, he wasn't goinf refuse help from that probably wasn't out for his blood.
"I would be happy to return the favor, where the need to arisse. But tomorrow. Honesstly, I have traveled enough for one night"

Imbalance
2020-04-11, 08:05 AM
Dom takes no insult from Pastelle's observation - he has thought the same thing himself. He smiles at her kind offer. Agreeing with Arackx, he says, "yes, perhaps in the morning we can all begin the tasks before us. Although,..." he pauses, wondering if he should say much more. "I must admit that I am not sure quite where to begin my search, and I'm afraid I will need to make finding employment a priority while I am here in the city. My reason for entering this...fine establishment was to seek a job board, but I seem to have overlooked it."

Valmark
2020-04-11, 09:04 PM
Honesstly, the jobss avalaible tonight will be the ssame that are avalaible tomorrow morning. According to the innkeeper, the two of you sshould have gained enough for one night of ssleep- and I have enough money to be able to ssleep comfortably. That ssaid" he stood up, pushing away the chair and stretching to his whole size "Goodnight" he waved and walked away, maybe a bit too rushed. He was sleepy enough to justify it though.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-11, 11:03 PM
After resting for the night, you pack your equipment and head back down to the tavern to see about getting breakfast, as you reach the tavern you see the dwarf has already started preparing some meals for you three, ”Ah, I see you’re awake, I hope you slept well, breakfast comes with the room, so it won’t cost any extra.”

Imbalance
2020-04-11, 11:35 PM
Dom was relieved to hear this, and did not hesitate to accept the meal. Seeing the bulky Arackx the night before caused him to realize that maybe he hadn't been eating as much as befits his new form, but changing his diet would have to depend on how much coin he could earn.

"This is delicious. Thank you," he said to the dwarf. "Tell me, sir, do you know of anyone hiring here in the city?"

Ramsus
2020-04-12, 01:05 AM
Gria Summoner

"Delightful!" Pastelle replies to the dwarf. As she sees the other two she greets them, "Good morning." Then aloud she muses to herself, "I wonder if I'll get used to these beds eventually?"

Valmark
2020-04-12, 07:22 AM
Arackx lazily greeted Dom and Parcelle.
With all the days of travel, getting to sleep confortably was a welcome change. Though, it didn't look like everyone felt the same.
"I do not think I ever heard your name" Arackx told the loxodon.

Imbalance
2020-04-12, 10:45 AM
The loxodon turned to answer. As if rehearsed, he said, "You did not, I'm afraid. I am uncertain that I can remember my name...correctly, I know that I can no longer pronounce it properly, and even if you heard me say it, you would not believe that it was mine." He lowered his head. "A nickname became attached to me in my travels," he added. "Call me Dom."

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-12, 04:19 PM
”If you need work, the mines are always looking for skilled workers, there’s also a job board in the center of town if you’re looking for other odd jobs.

Imbalance
2020-04-13, 09:38 AM
"Mines?" A lingering tinge of Elvish arrogance flashed in Dom's eyes. He was about to give this poor fellow a piece of his mind when he saw the thick finger that he would have used to drive a point about not being caught dead in some dwarven hole, and remembered that he was not an elf. Instead, he scratched his head and humbly asked, "uh...would I fit? Maybe I'll check the town board...first. Thanks."

Valmark
2020-04-13, 10:08 AM
Aarackx badly suppressed a laugh.
"Ssomehow I knew you would have not accepted. Poetss hardly ever frequent miness" he said. He was thinking about the words Dom used, which were confusing at best. No longer being able to say it... Yet, it didn't look like Dom had trouble speaking.
"I can accompany you if you sso prefer" he said "It could be helpful to me too"

Ramsus
2020-04-13, 12:06 PM
Gria Summoner

"I may not know where I need to go, but I do know it's not to work in a mine." Pastelle says clearly off-put by the idea of hard labor and staying in one place for a great length of time.

Imbalance
2020-04-13, 01:26 PM
Poets, indeed, thought Dom. He looked at these two wondering if there might be a way they can all help each other, maybe even find work together and aid one another on their respective hunts.

Finishing his breakfast, he uses his trunk to wipe a napkin around his mouth, reasoning that it must be how a proper loxodon would behave. "Perhaps we should all see what this board has to offer," he suggests. "Perhaps the three of us have something worthwhile to offer Mistspire - perhaps all the more if we combine our skills."

He thanks the dwarf once again and moves the door, trying not to walk hastily. He turns to beckon the others before exiting.

Valmark
2020-04-13, 06:34 PM
"To offer Misstsspire, uh..." Arackx mulled it over. That wasn't what he had in mind, but he had no other real leads.
"Fine, I will come too. Hopefully I will find some hintss- and I must ssay, it's unlikely for who I sseek to be working in a mine, though not impossssible. I could go there anyway later" he stood up and followed Dom.

Ramsus
2020-04-14, 12:30 AM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle moves to follow the other two and then darts ahead of them as she realizes she's not going to have an easy time reading it from behind the two much larger people.

Imbalance
2020-04-14, 09:13 AM
Almost as if to chase her, Dom's trunk shot straight out from his face into the open air as Pastelle squeezed by, and he ducked through the doorway already inhaling deeply the city and its smells. He wouldn't acknowledge just how shallow he'd been breathing inside the tavern, because he would then have to admit that it wasn't anything particularly offensive about that earthy dwarven aroma that made him do so, and that he was just being petty. He needed to get over that. Mostly, he had a keen interest in employing this new appendage of his to find the source of the scent that Pastelle carried. Where was this bird?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Valmark
2020-04-15, 09:31 PM
Arackx let the smaller companion through, walking behind the rest of the group since he was the most inposing figure.

I have no idea whatsover what to post, were you waiting for me? For me we can just go on

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-15, 11:12 PM
As you search for the chocobo, it isn’t hard to find, it seems like a large chicken with a saddle on its back designed for riding. After that, you make your way to the job board uneventfully, although most of the advertisements don’t seem interesting, you see one asking for “skilled warriors” and giving vague details about fighting a great evil, and an address in a different part of the city. Sorry for not posting for a little bit, iv’e been busy with online classes, but I should be posting regularly from now on.

Ramsus
2020-04-15, 11:39 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle points at the vague "fight evil" one and says, "Well this looks like.... a thing?" and looks at the other two and shrugs.

A large blue chicken!

Valmark
2020-04-16, 04:37 AM
"That iss ass sshady ass it getss" Arackx said, observing the paper "But if it iss a sscam then all the better, we did ssay to do ssomething usseful- sshutting down sscamss lookss usseful"

Imbalance
2020-04-16, 06:38 AM
Dom was enthralled by the enormous bird, finding it difficult to look away. He had read a poem once about these creatures, and the descriptions danced upon his memory from time to time. However, nothing he had imagined came close to matching reality.

On the way to the job board, he could tell that even in a place as cosmopolitan as this neutral city, he and his new acquaintances stood out. He felt a pang of anxiety about being recognized by his quarry. He didn't actually look at the job board, having closed his eyes when they got there to avoid the eyes that stared and to rattle off some verses to himself. Dom hastily agreed, "yes, the thing...shady and useful...sounds like a good place to start."

He opens his eyes and looks at the posting for contact information. Pointing with his trunk, Dom says, "let's ask them."

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-16, 12:50 PM
After asking around for directions, you find your way to a house in the wealthier area of the city, after you knock, a dwarf opens the door ”Hello, I presume you are here about the advertisement?”

Valmark
2020-04-16, 02:41 PM
"Yess" Aarackx said. That didn't seem like a shady place, but who knew?
"You needed sskilled warriorss right?"

CallMeLothar
2020-04-16, 05:18 PM
Footsteps alert you to the presence of someone coming up behind you. "Oh, I see I am not alone in my interest," a low, gravelly voice speaks out from the hood of the stranger's cloak. Looking past the colourful group, the stranger continues, "Yes, I am also here about that even if I'm a bit late to the party. Goswen Coventoe - may the Oak Father bring you solace."

Gos stands well over 6 feet tall, sinewy muscle albeit a bit gaunt from his recent travels (troubles?) A wicked double-bladed scimitar is strapped to his back, and his dark hair hangs haphazardly; he is dirty and messy from the road, eyes red-rimmed from some unspoken tragedy. He needs a bath and he knows it, but has no other choice but to go on. He lifts his chin high - that's what she would have wanted me to do - and waits for the dwarf's response.

Imbalance
2020-04-16, 05:58 PM
Dom turns to face this newcomer. He passes no judgement on sight, but casually holds his sensitive snout to the other side. Mostly, he observes enough to decide that this man is definitely not the druid from his nightmare. He smiles and nods deeply until his tusks press into his bosom. A lifetime ago, he may have regarded him as competition, but these days find him far more inclined to welcome aid no matter how it presents itself.

"Hello," he simply greets, before half turning back to the dwarf...so as not to block the way.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-16, 08:16 PM
”Good, please come in, my master will be with you shortly.” he turns and guides you to a small seating area before heading off upstairs.

Valmark
2020-04-16, 08:30 PM
Arackx greeted the newcomer with a small nod, taking in his appeareance- by how he greeted them and the appeareance, he was a servant of the gods and meant business.

When they were left alone, he let himself uncerimoniously fall into a chair.
"It may not be sshady, but it ssure iss feeling boring. I am Arackx Varackx, by the way. Ara or Vara if it iss hard to pronounce" he told Goswen.

Ramsus
2020-04-16, 09:08 PM
Gria Summoner

"Pastelle of Clan Raptor" Pastelle says as an introduction and gives a little bow to the newcomer in greeting as they go inside.

Imbalance
2020-04-16, 11:15 PM
Dom entered last, doing his level best not to get caught in the doorway. Spending time with the bulky dragonborn has given him some semblance of confidence about how he can move about with destroying things. Though, he didn't presume to follow Arackx' lead in taking a seat. In this part of town, he could scarce afford to darken the rug, much less wrinkle the upholstery. He elected to stand, hunched, beside the door, with his hands clasped in front of his nose...or some part of it. There, he patiently stood still.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-17, 07:06 PM
After a couple of minutes a tall dwarf in fine clothes comes into the room “Greetings friends, I know you’re here for the job so I’ll just get to the point, there’s a problem with drow in one of the mines I own, and the guards are too scared to go any further. I will pay you very well if you can clear them out, as well as any other favors you may need. If you agree to help I will give you 25% up front for any equipment you need.”

Valmark
2020-04-17, 10:08 PM
Arackx couldn't contain himself.
"Lookss like ssomeone iss going to go into the miness either way. Haha!"
That had to be the first genuine laugh he got in the last days- it surprised even him.

Imbalance
2020-04-17, 11:38 PM
Somehow, without appearing to bend at any joint, Dom seemed to get shorter. He certainly hadn't come to Mistspire to prosecute trespassers. But jobs like this would be needed so that he could eat and live while conducting his search, he reminded himself. His sullen gaze fell on the floor as he tried to come to grips with his meager existence.

"Which way to the mine?" he asked, glumly. "And do you have a map of the tunnels we could borrow?"

Ramsus
2020-04-18, 01:03 AM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle just sighs in response to Arackx's amusement. She really didn't want to go to an underground place with underground people.

CallMeLothar
2020-04-18, 01:11 AM
Gos nods at the others, and lifts an eyebrow at the elephant-like creature, having never seen one before. In fact, the only familiar creature was the dragonborn sitting in the chair.

At the mention of drow, Gos' face darkens. He hates the evil and suffering spread by those spider worshippers just as much as the oppressive undead lovers in the Order. The dwarf's words interest him, and many questions flood his mind. "What are drow doing in the mines? Are they your workers? Or did they drift up from the Underdark?"

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-18, 10:19 AM
”They came up through the Underdark, but we don’t know why they’re here yet,” he hands each of you a pouch with 250 gold. “I don’t have a map with me, but I’ll have one tomorrow when we meet back here to take you to the mine.”

Imbalance
2020-04-18, 10:47 PM
Dom is reluctant to accept the money at first, but the work seemed honest enough. Further, it meant he wouldn't have to impose on anyone else for his next few meals. If he and the other three individuals present worked together, the job might even go smoothly. However, it seemed they had about as much enthusiasm about going into the mines as Dom did. At least they wouldn't be the ones digging, and this substantial advance was a good sign of more to come.

He looks at the others one at a time, then reaches out with his hand to receive the Dwarf's offer. "Thank you," he says. "At what time would you like us to return?"

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-19, 08:57 AM
”Just after lunch, around 1 o’ clock”

Valmark
2020-04-19, 03:14 PM
Arackx stood up, stretching his bulk.
"We can all go together I guessss" he said, taking his own pouch of gold "Ssomething interessting could happen, anyway"

Imbalance
2020-04-21, 07:21 AM
Dom quietly nods. This was the most substantial amount of money he had handled since his return, and thoughts of how best to use it flooded his mind.

"Pardon me sir, but I'm new in town. Where might I go to buy armor and supplies to prepare for this task?" he asks.

CallMeLothar
2020-04-21, 12:43 PM
Gos takes the pouch of coin - he hates money but understands its utility. He'd much rather be trading skins or pelts in exchange for items but this was the "civilized" world; a place of metal coins and commerce. Feeling the heft of the pouch, he can tell that this is a tidy sum. In fact, it makes him a bit anxious due to the large amount given. Damned drow, he thinks to himself. Supplies, I need to get a few things if it's into the mines we must go.

He nods at the loxodon in agreement. "Yes, it would be smart to get things we will need for the journey into the dark." Chewing on his lip, Gos comments further, "The presence of these vile creatures worries me and I feel it plays into the favour of the Order and its foul brethren and undead-loving scum." Gos closes his eyes and tries to shut his mouth, but all he sees and hears when he does is the screams of his dead family, and the jerky twitching movement of them becoming undead. He will walk a short distance away from the group, trying to collect himself...

[he's ready to go to the supplies shop when everyone else is]

Valmark
2020-04-21, 06:47 PM
Arackx would have raised an eyebrow, had he any.
"Why would the drowss be favoring the Order only? Misstsspire iss neutral- the Path could gain jusst ass well from it. Assssuming the drowss are not here on their own accord" he simply stated, biting his tongue before saying more. He could understand why people would dislike the Order- still, he couldn't help but get worked up.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-21, 10:13 PM
There’s a place where you can buy any armor and supplies about 10 minutes down the road called Argent’s Armaments”

Imbalance
2020-04-23, 07:05 AM
"Until tomorrow," Dom says as he takes his leave.

At Argent's, he seeks to purchase some properly fitting armor and boots, as well as some other sundries for mine delving and contending with drow.

CallMeLothar
2020-04-23, 10:09 AM
Gos catches up to Dom on his way to Argents. In addition to the items [mentioned on the discord] Gos will also buy some chalk and a hammer and chisel, and a vial of acid, if available.

"Ever deal with the dark elves before?" Gos will inquire to Dom.

Imbalance
2020-04-23, 10:42 AM
"Yes, the Ord..." Dom begins to answer before thinking, catches himself, and then slows his voice, continuing, "...inary um...treachery...of those deep...elves...is known to me." He turns to face this tall human, nearly eye-to-eye from hunching. "Have you?"

CallMeLothar
2020-04-23, 11:26 AM
Gos looks warily at the elephant being, eyebrow raised a little. "Luckily no, but that lack of experience with them is a bad thing if we have to root them out like the vermin they are. When I was young, a nearby village - dwarven actually - was massacred by a drow raiding party." Gos would like to see if Dom is lying to him. [Do I roll here?]

CallMeLothar
2020-04-23, 11:42 AM
Insight check on Dom: [roll0]

Ramsus
2020-04-23, 12:12 PM
Gria Summoner

"I've heard tales of them having troubled my people in the past, but have never seen them myself. I believe they discovered we were often more trouble than we were worth to them." Pastelle replies.

Insight on Dom: [roll0]

Valmark
2020-04-23, 05:02 PM
Aradrackx luckily could comment truthfully.
"I wass a city guard- we never had problemss with drowss. We had our own sshare of night sskulkerss I guessss" he shrugged, doubting it was the same thing.
"I am truly curiouss to ssee what you can do Passtelle" he added looking at her "After thiss boasst I am expecting ssomething impressssive and possssibly terrifying"

Ramsus
2020-04-23, 08:23 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle waves her hand, "No. Not me personally. Almost all of my people are trained to use weapons as we have to regularly fend off creatures trying to eat the animals we keep in our herds as we travel. I imagine this would be more of a fight than the regular human caravan or the like. Again, I am more like a priestess."

Imbalance
2020-04-24, 08:09 AM
These revelations are amusing to Dom, but he grimly warns them, "this is very well for you, priestess, as it will make you less useful...to drow slavers...and they will most likely kill you outright." He looks at the others, pointing at each with his trunk, to add, "A strapping human...and a muscular dragonborn, however...would be fit for chains and worked to death...never to see light again. Which is likely why they came to the mine...to harvest..." He trails a moment as the memories of atrocities that he took part in are weighed against the evil of the drow upon the court of his own conscience.

"As for me," he reasoned, "I'm sure my skin would make an exotic coat, and the rest of me food for the captives."

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-25, 12:39 PM
After purchasing your equipment and resting, you return to the dwarf’s manor around 1:00 and find a wagon waiting outside ”Ah, hello again, hop in the back and I’ll take you to the mines.”

CallMeLothar
2020-04-26, 01:19 AM
Gos nods to him and hops in the wagon. He leans over to look at the wheels and axles and then looks at Dom. Should be interesting, he thinks to himself, grinning.

Imbalance
2020-04-26, 07:05 AM
Having never ridden in a cart of dwarven make before, Dom does the same as Goswen before stepping up. He sets aside his disdain, wondering why he ever possessed such conceitedness, and hopes that nothing breaks as he climbs on board.

Valmark
2020-04-26, 07:32 AM
"Not going to lie, I wass convinced we were going to walk" Aradrackx climbed up, landing a hand to Pastelle. He didn't think she'd need any given that she had wings, but maybe those weren't the kind of wings used to fly.

Ramsus
2020-04-26, 12:11 PM
Gria Summoner

"Thanks, but I'll just ride Cobalt here instead." Pastelle says in response to both the dwarf and Aradrackx as she then proceeds to mount her blue chocobo. At this moment Peach, her (peach colored) psuedodragon familiar takes this opportunity to hop onto her shoulder, because it's an old gria joke to have a winged thing (gria) ride a winged thing (chocobo) ridden by another winged thing (familiar/pet). Pastelle gives a soft little chuckle at this.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-26, 07:11 PM
The wagon handles your weight easily as you head through town and travel down paths carved into the side of the ravine, eventually reaching the bottom, where you see a pair of armed dwarves standing next to a door set in the rock face. ”Well, here we are, he reaches in his pockets and hands you a worn iron key, ”You’re welcome to keep any of the drow’s equipment you get, but leave everything else alone.”

Imbalance
2020-04-29, 05:51 AM
Dom takes the key from the Dwarf, steps down out of the wagon, and takes a look around the area.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-29, 10:24 PM
The ravine is quite narrow, about 15 feet wide, it seems quite deep, though it’s hard to guess exactly how much, the ravine also stretches quite far from what you can see, probably leading to more mines and natural caves.

Imbalance
2020-04-30, 06:28 AM
"Thank you for the ride in your sturdy wagon," Dom says to his employer. To the rest of the party, he beckons, "Shall we?"

Ramsus
2020-04-30, 11:47 AM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle nods and says, "Lead the way. Really, anyone who isn't me please."

CallMeLothar
2020-04-30, 12:40 PM
Gos steps up to the wagon to give the driver thanks. "Where were the drow last seen?" he asks him.

Goswin will also offer to lead the group, warning that he will need to cast light in order to see - if there are no torches nearby. He takes out his war pick and shield and checks them for any damage. Nodding at their fine craftsmanship, he will cast light on his amulet - a cool green in honour of his favoured god - and tuck it under his shirt, fully blocking the glow until the passages grow dark.

"I have heard stories of drow attacking only at night, that the sun does something to them and their equipment. If that is true, it's awful generous of our benefactor to all us to keep their equipment. I think we should be careful, maybe the drow have a reason for taking these caves..."

Gos will look to those around him and wait until they are ready before leading into the mines. (Or, if someone else wants to, he'll drop back to the rearguard).

Valmark
2020-04-30, 12:48 PM
"It iss probably better if I go firsst" Aradrackx said, making sure to have his new shield out and ready, but keeping the other hand free.
"I ssurely hope drow equipment doess not get desstroyed under the light- it would be usselessss to uss"

Imbalance
2020-04-30, 01:15 PM
Shrugging, Dom offers Aradrackx the key, having no idea what it actually unlocks, anyway. But it seems like an important gesture, at least.

He waits to hear an answer to Goswin's question.

PartyOfRogues
2020-04-30, 08:03 PM
As you ask your question, one of the guards answers, ”The drow came out of the underground river that supplies water to the mine, there aren’t any other exits, so they can’t have left the mine except back that way.”

Valmark
2020-05-01, 09:42 AM
"Let uss hope it doess not to sswimming, I do not look forward to it in armor" Aradrackx said, taking the key from Dom with a nod.
"Sshall we go?"

Imbalance
2020-05-01, 10:47 AM
Dom returns the nod with a word muttered under his trunk, and as they exchange the key Aradrackx feels a tingle of magical energy flow through his palm. "A small gift of foresight," he offers. "It won't last long, but it should aid you if there are any surprises just inside the door."

For the next minute you can add 1d4 to one ability check, basically just in case the entrance is trapped.

Ramsus
2020-05-01, 12:00 PM
Gria Summoner

"Cobalt here is an excellent swimmer and can even hold his breath for several minutes. So if that becomes an issue, I'll let you borrow him." Pastelle replies and fondly pats Cobalt on the neck.

CallMeLothar
2020-05-02, 01:21 AM
Gos looks up at the large creature doubtfully. "In the open air, I can see how such a beast could aid us. I suppose we have to see how big these tunnels are. Most of the mines I know - without considering dwarven ones - could not allow such a beast's size." Thinking about how he volunteered to be at the rear - literally - he wonders how big and viscous chocobo dung is...

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-03, 05:57 PM
So you’re going to open the door now?

Valmark
2020-05-03, 06:05 PM
Aradrackx preceded the others, approaching the mine's door.
"Hoping drowss are not right passt the door" he murmured, going for the keyhole.

Sorry, thought it was assumed. I'm gonna add a perception roll to it:

[roll0]+[roll1] using Dom's guidance.

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-04, 08:26 AM
As you open the door, it is quite dark inside the mine, though you can see from the small amount of light coming from the entrance that there are no drow or traps right by the entrance
For anyone with darkvision, the hallway is completely empty until the second turn

Valmark
2020-05-04, 11:40 AM
Murmuring a simple word, Varackx lighted up the axe's head.
"Let uss be careful, if there wass a need to ssay it" he told them, keeping his voice low.
"Doess Cobalt make a lot of ssound?"

Ramsus
2020-05-04, 02:21 PM
Gria Summoner

"Why don't I have Peach scout ahead?" Pastelle suggests. Assuming nobody disagrees, she sends Peach to go scouting ahead of the group.

Peach Stealth: [roll0]
Peach Perception: [roll1]
advantage from Keen Senses: [roll2]

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-05, 08:13 PM
How far are you going to scout?

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-06, 10:19 PM
You mutter a small incantation and begin to see the world through your companions eyes. You head through a short bit of rough tunnel and arrive in a mineshaft about 10 feet wide, but only 6 feet tall. You head through a tunnel to your right and find two drow cooking and talking, hunched down over a small fire with their swords resting on the ground beside them. One of the guards spots your familiar and takes a shot at it with his small crossbow. [roll0]

Ramsus
2020-05-07, 12:10 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle dismisses Peach back to the spirit lands for her safety and she tells the others, "Peach found two drow at a cooking fire. One saw her and immediately attacked. Luckily they missed, so I sent Peach back to the spirit lands so she'd be safe and so they wouldn't know what direction we're coming from." she then also explains the directions.

Imbalance
2020-05-07, 01:02 PM
"Cooking?" Dom steps into the mouth of the mine and extends his nosey appendage in front of him, taking in a long sniff.

[roll0]
Investigation to see if I can tell what's in the pot.

CallMeLothar
2020-05-08, 03:18 AM
Gos cringes at the thought of working with drow scum, but hates the thought of the Order controlling even more resources. He will shout out in both Elvish and Sylvan, "We come to parlay. Hold steady. What are you doing here in the mines?"

If they reply, Gos will roll an Insight check on their responses:​[roll0]

Valmark
2020-05-08, 07:28 AM
Varackx shrugged.
"I know we are using lightss sso the element of ssurprisse is already out of the window, but did you really have to sshout?" he asked, reaffirming his grip on his weapon and shield and moving on, his mouth murmuring a small incantation to protect himself.

Using Shield of Faith and advancing in front of everyone else (10 minutes duration so there should be no problem)

CallMeLothar
2020-05-08, 09:10 AM
"Oh, sorry!" Gos whispers in fake remorse. "Because the blue 8 foot tall chocobo is a natural predator down here. I forgot. Okay, shields up, buttercup!" Gos smirks at the dragonborn and puts his amulet under his shirt.

Gos leans back into the mine wall and waits for the drow to respond. "Perhaps one of your pets can watch our backs in case they get behind us somehow?"

Imbalance
2020-05-08, 11:36 AM
Dom's ears perk up as Gos speaks. It's so rare to meet a human who knows Elvish at all, let alone pronounces the words intelligibly. He nearly turned to compliment him when Varackx steps past him and points out how loud it was. Their exchange amuses him greatly, as he hunches in place under the low ceiling.

Ramsus
2020-05-08, 12:19 PM
Gria Summoner

"Sure." Pastelle responds, not loving the gruff tones going back and forth though she's extremely used to such behavior. "So what's he saying?" she asks the others, hoping one of them knows the language Gos is speaking. And as requested she brings Peach back from the spirit lands and has her watch for threats coming from behind them.

Valmark
2020-05-08, 12:27 PM
"For all I know, he iss telling them how to besst sshoot at uss" Aradrackx growled, though his growl isn't addressing Pastelle.
"And an unussual creature of any kind doess not tell them where we are. Sscreaming doess"

CallMeLothar
2020-05-08, 01:04 PM
"For all I know, he iss telling them how to besst sshoot at uss" Aradrackx growled, though his growl isn't addressing Pastelle.
"And an unussual creature of any kind doess not tell them where we are. Sscreaming doess"

Gos glances ahead to the Gria and whispers, "I am asking them to parlay. I'd like to know why they came into the mines at all. There are two of them - two! It doesn't seem right." Gos nods towards the dragonborn before he walks away, "I can promise you that's not what I am saying."

Valmark
2020-05-08, 01:20 PM
Aradrackx looked at him confused.
"I did not actually think you ssaid that... Though the growl wass probably confussing"

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-08, 01:54 PM
After a short silence, the drow decide to answer back ”So, the dwarves are sending others to do their dirty work, I was wondering if they’d abandon this place.”

CallMeLothar
2020-05-09, 12:36 PM
Gos swallows and calls out again, "I don't know about any dirty work. I want to know why drow are here. I want to know what you think of the Order. You know this mine can't stay closed forever: the greedy snots on both sides will demand their filthy coin, like newborn birds waiting for mommy to come back. So? Are we to forever trade words in the darkness?"

Gos pauses and whispers a short summary to Pastelle, as she is the closest to him.

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-11, 01:42 PM
”The Order pays well, that’s all that matters, but we don’t get told who hires us, we’re just here for the gold, and so are you it seems. Besides, there are many other mines like this one, if it stops producing for a few weeks, nothing will change. Both sides still get their weapons and coin.”

Imbalance
2020-05-12, 08:21 AM
Dom tenses at the mention of the Order. These arrogant savages aren't know for their diplomacy, and this conversation doesn't apear to be going anywhere. Still, knowing as little about his allies as he does his adversaries, he stays put, listening. But he also discretely presses his focus against his chest and mutters a quiet old spell, just in case.

1d4+4+5
Temporary hit points

Imbalance
2020-05-12, 08:23 AM
[roll0]
+5 at second level

CallMeLothar
2020-05-15, 01:24 PM
Gos snorts derisively and dismissively at the cynical tone of the drow mercenaries. "Well, I think you're very much mistaken. Whomever controls Mistspire can influence the other neutral towns. And this mine has no rival."

Gos will look to Dom and the rest, relating quietly what was said. "They're not going to change their minds. I think we should relieve them of the rigours of life. What say you?"

Valmark
2020-05-15, 01:33 PM
"No offensse, but I never doubted thiss outcome" Aradrackx shrugged "If anybody hass any lasst minute ideass ssay sso, becausse if I get insside that room it iss to plant my axe in them"

CallMeLothar
2020-05-15, 01:49 PM
Gos sighs at Aradrackx. "Me too. But when information is at a premium we have to try everything."

Gos takes his warpick and scratches his face with it, drawing some blood and rubs it on his fingers. He mumbles a few arcane syllables and makes a couple of motions in the air. He has Bane (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bane#content) readied and will cast it when he sees one (preferably both) of the dark elves. (Must make a DC 13 Charisma save).

Ramsus
2020-05-15, 05:56 PM
Gria Summoner

"I'd prefer a non-violent solution, but based on what you said and what I've heard of drow I won't put us at risk insisting on one." Pastelle says a bit uncomfortably. Though she's looked a little uncomfortable since the moment the entered they stopped being able to see the sky overhead.

Imbalance
2020-05-16, 06:05 PM
Pointing to the map, Dom offers, "let me move ahead to the next intersection, here, where the cart rail begins. These tunnels are tight for the three of us fellows to maneuver, but from there I can watch for more of them, toss a little magic at least, and secure an escape route if things go bad."

He puases, then asks, "any objections?"

Valmark
2020-05-16, 06:16 PM
Aradrackx shook his head.
"Go ahead- we will advance together, I turn right and cover you while you passss through. Or if you want to do it sstealthy then go ahead ssince I'll light everything up... Though I am not ssure that iss a good idea"

If Dom agrees then I'll go up to the drows without further waiting!

Imbalance
2020-05-18, 10:13 AM
"Priestess Pastelle," Dom says before he moves on, "any further sight you can provide from these...side tunnels...will be supremely useful.
I can't imagine there being only two of them. We cannot afford to be flanked."

With that, he plods ahead in the main tunnel as quietly as he can.

[roll0]

Ramsus
2020-05-18, 12:02 PM
Gria Summoner

Pastelle nods and sends Peach to scout out the side tunnels to ensure they won't get ambushed by unexpected foes.

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-18, 10:17 PM
You send out your familiar to scout, but before you can head deeper into the mine, Dom stumbles on the rough surface, falling down and prompting the drow guards to attack.For initiative, I’m going to be doing something from another pbp I’m in, you can go any time you like in the turn order, and you can’t go again until the enemies act.

Imbalance
2020-05-19, 06:34 AM
Dom grunts with embarrassment as he gets back to his feet. He knows he's been made, but he hurries to the next branch in the tunnel as planned, putting his back against the western wall at the near corner. Flustered, he downs his antitoxin, just in case. He watches intently down the main hall and waits to hear clashing to his right.

to cast eldritch blast at the first drow I see

CallMeLothar
2020-05-20, 09:17 AM
Gos cringes as the clatter echoes down the hallways. He grins and thinks to himself, Huh. Who would of thought? A bull in a china shop equivalent is an elephant in a mine-shaft. Gos holds in a laugh, hoping that the loxodon doesn't have telepathic powers.

Gos closes his eyes and begins a deep hum. He clutches the amulet through his shirt. The spell (bless (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bless#content)) is cast already but he will continue chanting in Elvish, asking the Elven gods to strike fear into the hearts of these trespassers.

Those around Gos receive bless (1d4) on saving and attack rolls.

Gos just readies himself and moves to find any cover he can, crouching down.

Valmark
2020-05-20, 08:19 PM
"Right! Let uss go!" Aradrackx said, and keeping his shield up he went inside the room ready to axe the first drow he found.

Move to get inside the room and assuming Aradrackx sees a drow he'll attack it.

[roll0]+[roll1] to hit and [roll2] to hurt.

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-21, 12:02 PM
You rush into the room and see the two drow from before, swords raised. You cleave into the first drow’s shoulder, nearly killing him with your first hit.

Imbalance
2020-05-30, 08:20 AM
So...whose turn is it?

PartyOfRogues
2020-05-30, 08:38 AM
The drow in the room fires his crossbow at Aradrackx, [roll0], dealing [roll1] damage if it hits as the nearly dead drow mutters an incantation, surrounding you in a thick black fog. Sorry for waiting so long, I was waiting for Ramsus to answer and didn’t really check the thread for a while.

Valmark
2020-05-30, 09:03 AM
Aradrackx groaned for the lack of visibility- it was going to be an hassle.
"Have not heard footsstepss" he hissed, axing in front of him.

Ramsus asked twice on Discord wether he could do something or if his action had been when declaring his Dodge, that's why he wasn't posting.

On that note... [roll0] and damage [roll1] and hopefully we take one out

CallMeLothar
2020-05-31, 01:33 AM
Goswin takes a deep breath, comes around the corner and moves into the room, his shielf and warpick ready. He will try to skirt the black fog and ready his action for an attack on the first drow he sees. (If the drow is visible, he will attack immediately - [roll0] )

CallMeLothar
2020-05-31, 01:35 AM
Duuuuuhhh.
Forgot to roll the attack, if it's needed [roll0]

Imbalance
2020-05-31, 11:20 PM
Don't forget to add Bless to your rolls.

As expected, a skirmish erupts noisily in the tunnels. Dom calls out to his companions, "is it going well?" He keeps a ready handful of crackling energy for any drow that enter his sight.

eldritch blast
Are there any minecarts up ahead?

CallMeLothar
2020-06-01, 12:44 AM
Duuuuuhhh.
Forgot to roll the attack, if it's needed [roll0]

Thanks Dom, I’m really on fire with this one! Bless - [roll0]

Imbalance
2020-06-06, 12:08 PM
DM, does Discord seem too out of the way for our OOC discussion? We may be presently held up by lingering questions that were not answered there.

Imbalance
2020-07-07, 02:28 PM
So, PartyOfRouges, are you ever coming back?