PDA

View Full Version : PF Soulknife: Psychic Armory/War Soul Build Advice

Thoughtcandle
2020-03-31, 12:44 PM
Hey guys, hope you’re all doing well today.

I’m currently playing a Soulknife in the Wrath of the Righteous Pathfinder campaign. I’m running the psychic class Soulknife, with the archetypes psychic armory and warsoul.

I’d love some input on how to take this build to stupid levels, because our DM is a sadist and wants us to break our characters.

Here’s the build so far:

Level 4 Psychic armory/warsoul

Race: Elan

PA/WS is WIS SAD, so my top 3 abilities are WIS, CON, and DEX.

Feats:
- Psionic Talent (Class bonus)
- Point Blank Shot (Class bonus)
- Two-Weapon Fighting (pre-requisite to twin throw feat I’ll be taking later)
- Rapid Shot
- Psionic body
- Psionic meditation

Bladeskills:
- Two-Handed Throw (necessary if I want to throw the 2HW in the panoply)
- Martial Blade recovery

WS Disciplines:
- Riven Hourglass
- Sleeping Goddess
- Solar Wind
- Tempest Gale
- Veiled Moon

What do you guys think? Where would you take it from here?

Some input from me on direction: I’ll most likely be picking up the distilled panoply & panoply barage bladeskills ASAP, as they synergize really well with some of the full round maneuvers I’ll have access to at later levels.

I also like the thought of advanced study feat so I can get past 6th lvl martial maneuvers, and/or pick up a few maneuvers from thrashing dragon discipline.

Looking forward to discussing this fun and unique class with you guys, thanks in advance for your input!

Segev
2020-03-31, 03:46 PM
Looks like you have a good idea of what you want to take, but I don't know from reading it what you're envisioning this character doing. It has a lot of options. I'm not saying you've got a bad build, nor that you look unfocused. I'm saying that I don't know what your vision for him is.

Are there any particular tricks or stunts you're looking forward to using? Any mechanical interactions you're particularly excited about?

You've asked for advice on "where to take this," but I think a better question to ask is: what is it you want it to eventually be doing?

Thoughtcandle
2020-03-31, 06:41 PM
Looks like you have a good idea of what you want to take, but I don't know from reading it what you're envisioning this character doing. It has a lot of options. I'm not saying you've got a bad build, nor that you look unfocused. I'm saying that I don't know what your vision for him is.

Are there any particular tricks or stunts you're looking forward to using? Any mechanical interactions you're particularly excited about?

You've asked for advice on "where to take this," but I think a better question to ask is: what is it you want it to eventually be doing?

Thanks for the reply!

So you have a good point, because I do want this character to be able to do a few things well.

They would probably be:

1. Taking total advantage of the amount of attacks I can make in a round. Maneuvers like Warp Worm + Distilled panoply bladeskill + Panoply barrage = 3 ranged attacks for every melee attack I make. That means I can attack 3 enemies directly back to back and send off rounds to enemies that are further away. All with just a full round action

2. Love all the debuffing I’m able to do to enemies. Slowing them, nauseating them, stat reductions, slowing them, d20 roll penalties. Beautiful.

3. Finally, the counters and being hard to kill/hit. Being able to effectively save my party or myself from potentially deadly attacks, increasing miss chance, AC buffs, etc. Not to mention being able to straight up “nope” any negative effect that isn’t death? Bananas.

I’m happy with my strong start, and these would probably be the 3 primary functions for the character that I want to maximize as much as possible. Just looking for some external perceptions of people who like to max/mix or who might be familiar with this class and how to play it.