PDA

View Full Version : Realmshelp help

Noxangelo
2020-04-01, 02:29 AM
i was reading the realmshelp list of wondrous items and it's monk's belt description says:

"This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character's waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. Any time the wearer engages in unarmed combat, the belt grants him the ability to use both hands as though he possessed the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. He may also make a stunning attack (as a monk) once per day. If donned by a monk, the belt grants one additional stunning attack per day and allows the monk to haste herself once per day for up to 10 consecutive rounds."

and said it was from the DMG, which it is not, at least no mine which reads:

"This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character’s waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. The wearer’s AC and unarmed damage is treated as a monk of five levels higher. If donned by a character with the Stunning Fist feat, the belt lets her make one additional stunning attack per day. If the character is not a monk, she gains the AC and unarmed damage of a 5th-level monk. This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus."

Can someone please explain why they are so different?

Gruftzwerg
2020-04-01, 02:46 AM
i was reading the realmshelp list of wondrous items and it's monk's belt description says:

"This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character's waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. Any time the wearer engages in unarmed combat, the belt grants him the ability to use both hands as though he possessed the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. He may also make a stunning attack (as a monk) once per day. If donned by a monk, the belt grants one additional stunning attack per day and allows the monk to haste herself once per day for up to 10 consecutive rounds."

and said it was from the DMG, which it is not, at least no mine which reads:

"This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character’s waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. The wearer’s AC and unarmed damage is treated as a monk of five levels higher. If donned by a character with the Stunning Fist feat, the belt lets her make one additional stunning attack per day. If the character is not a monk, she gains the AC and unarmed damage of a 5th-level monk. This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus."

Can someone please explain why they are so different?

I believe the first one is from 3.0 and thus outdated.
The second is definitively the actual one in 3.5 that I know well.
haven played much 3.0 but a quick google search seems to imply that this is the chase here.

Noxangelo
2020-04-01, 04:33 AM
ahh, so realms help has put the wrong editions item. explains alot.

was actually hoping there was an item that allowed for unarmed TWF :P

Gruftzwerg
2020-04-01, 06:31 AM
Gloves of the Balanced Hands gives you either TWF or if you have that Improved TWF.

and you don't need an item to be allowed to TWF unarmed. Just take either the feat or deal with the penalties.