PDA

View Full Version : Any interesting April Fools stuff?

zlefin
2020-04-01, 10:18 AM
It used to be there were lots of amusing April fool's articles put up on sites I frequented; but I see alot less of that now. Iirc Blizzard often used to have some very nice ones, but they don't seem to do that anymore, or I can't find them. So, what amusing ones have people seen today?

Aedilred
2020-04-01, 11:02 AM
I suspect there will have been fewer than usual this year, as many businesses will be struggling to keep their heads above water and won't have thought about it: others may feel that in light of the wider situation it's inappropriate*. Although I say nuts to that: now's the time when we need silly, escapist humour more than ever.

*Or perhaps that even if it's not inappropriate, it will nevertheless be seized upon as such by certain sections of the commentariat and generate negative publicity.

Aotrs Commander
2020-04-01, 02:41 PM
Brightrock Gamea (War for the Overworld) always do one (as a point of pride) and this yera is not different).

MikelaC1
2020-04-01, 03:20 PM
Days of Our Lives had some totally off the wall story lines (even beyond their usual stuff) but at the very end, one character said April Fools.

Keltest
2020-04-01, 03:22 PM
the game Overwatch stuck great giant googly eyes on all of the characters faces, as well as a few other things, like Torbjorn's turret and Hanzo's dragons. Its really something.

Ortho
2020-04-01, 03:28 PM
The SCP Foundation has turned everything into a plant.

Rockphed
2020-04-01, 03:30 PM
The SCP Foundation has turned everything into a plant.

This is different from normal SCP foundation fare how?

thirsting
2020-04-01, 03:56 PM
The app our local schools use for messaging between students/homes and teachers, currently used for homework stuff, on start up displayed a message that said something like "This app has been removed from the app store, and is no longer in use." Many kids had apparently tried to make it do exactly that earlier by giving it one star reviews. But, when you press the close message button, it said "April fools" or something to that effect, and proceeded to hand more assingmets.

Ortho
2020-04-01, 04:08 PM
This is different from normal SCP foundation fare how?

Heh. I mean that the website itself got a makeover. Take a look. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173)

Rockphed
2020-04-01, 07:30 PM
Heh. I mean that the website itself got a makeover. Take a look. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173)

I am fairly certain that that is a class 3 protocol breach. Prepare the nuclear sterilization charges!

snowblizz
2020-04-02, 05:04 AM
I suspect there will have been fewer than usual this year, as many businesses will be struggling to keep their heads above water and won't have thought about it: others may feel that in light of the wider situation it's inappropriate*. Although I say nuts to that: now's the time when we need silly, escapist humour more than ever.

*Or perhaps that even if it's not inappropriate, it will nevertheless be seized upon as such by certain sections of the commentariat and generate negative publicity.

The last few years many media outlets have stopped doing or covering April Fools things since the world is so full of disinformation.

Togath
2020-04-02, 05:24 AM
the game Overwatch stuck great giant googly eyes on all of the characters faces, as well as a few other things, like Torbjorn's turret and Hanzo's dragons. Its really something.

Gosh dang it, I saw most of them, but missed the dragons. Did record all the ones I found though!

J-H
2020-04-03, 05:42 PM
Back in October, I got on my wife's computer and changed her Facebook to show her birthday as April 1. She got about 30 posts/messages wishing her happy birthday.

JNAProductions
2020-04-03, 06:24 PM
Gooseworx posted FANTASTIC GAZEBOS Vol. 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOAvE1yz7uk&t=2s).

I can't honestly be sure if that's an April Fools prank, or just Gooseworx stuff.

Edit: For reference, a December post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k3DJqQQ2Uw).

halfeye
2020-04-04, 02:39 PM
Nope, and there never has been.

ben-zayb
2020-04-05, 06:13 AM
It used to be there were lots of amusing April fool's articles put up on sites I frequented; but I see alot less of that now. Iirc Blizzard often used to have some very nice ones, but they don't seem to do that anymore, or I can't find them. So, what amusing ones have people seen today?
Blizzard definitely had their April Fools joke, it just happened a couple of months too early.

see also: Visions of N'Zoth ending