PDA

View Full Version : What is the best dragon mark for a barbarian 5e?

ThatWeirdKnight
2020-04-02, 12:24 PM
What is the best dragon mark for a barbarian 5e?

rgrekejin
2020-04-02, 10:41 PM
You're in the wrong place, mate. This is forum for the OOTS board game. You want the forum for 5E D&D.

ThatWeirdKnight
2020-04-09, 10:31 AM
Ooooooh!!!!

Peelee
2020-04-10, 03:26 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Fixed.

Fable Wright
2020-04-10, 05:35 PM
I'm going to go with Mark of Finding.

The thing about dragonmarks is that they count as spells that you cast, so you can't use them in a rage. This means that Mark of Sentinel just isn't going to be as good as it usually is.

Meanwhile, your dragonmark is your race now, so you need to have a Str boost to be a good Barbarian. Mark of Finding provides that boost, and allows for good out of combat utility to boot.

For bonus points, you get to be a hard-boiled barbarian detective. Which is just all kinds of fun.

MaxWilson
2020-04-10, 05:37 PM
What is the best dragon mark for a barbarian 5e?

Does it have to be a dragonmark? As a Barbarian I would rather be a Beasthide Shifter for the temp HP and strength. I can't think of a dragonmark which is as good.

If I had to pick a dragonmark I'd pick Mark of Handling, because talking to animals is something I've seen barbarians have fun with in the past, and this way you could plausibly have a pet bulette or purple worm, which seems pretty Barbarian-ish.

Expired
2020-04-10, 09:52 PM
I'm going to go with Mark of Finding.

The thing about dragonmarks is that they count as spells that you cast, so you can't use them in a rage. This means that Mark of Sentinel just isn't going to be as good as it usually is.

Meanwhile, your dragonmark is your race now, so you need to have a Str boost to be a good Barbarian. Mark of Finding provides that boost, and allows for good out of combat utility to boot.

For bonus points, you get to be a hard-boiled barbarian detective. Which is just all kinds of fun.
If you are set on choosing a Dragonmarked race, then I completely agree with Fable Wright. Otherwise, Half-Orc or VHuman are better choices for the racial features or extra feat at level 1 (I strongly suggest Polearm Master).