PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Schrodinger Feat with Summoner [PF][Shared Evolution]

Suddo
2020-04-03, 01:24 AM
So I am browsing through Eidolon evolutions and ran across Shared Evolution. For 1 Point you can benefit from any, one or two point, evolution your Eidolon has. There are obviously very useful abilities you can get off this, but what specifically caught my attention is Extra Feat. Using Evolution Surge you can give your Eidolon any feat and then have them give that feat to you. This may not be immediately broken, Brawlers do a similar thing, but this can be done at Summoner 1 which can be quite the boon to various builds.

A wand of Evolution Surge costs 6k so for 30gp a pop (half if you have someone to craft it) you can have a feat for 4 minutes.

There are also several other evolutions that are helpful with this. From Climb/Swim speeds to Immunity to an energy type.

Side Notes:
You have to be a Twinned Summoner to use Shared Evolution. If you are dipping there is no huge loss here, but you do have to do it.
Unchained Summoner stops this from being an easy dip. Instead you have to go 4 levels. Which hurts but doesn't make this impossible. But then at Summoner 8 it bricks it due to your Eidolon getting the Extra Feat evolution (and it isn't a take multiple times evolution).

PS: So I can't help but feel I am overlooking a previous discussion with this, but I wanted to make this post to see if I am spot on with my application of these rules (RAW obviously) or if I am missing something huge.

exelsisxax
2020-04-03, 03:09 PM
Lesser evolution surge is a 2nd level spell, not a 1st level spell. You aren't casting it at level 1, nor do you have a wand of it that early (it is 100% of the WBL of a level 4 character). I've never seen a game that allows chained summoner, so good luck with that part too.

But yes, it does work. You can take multiple standard actions to poorly replicate a brawler feature. Considering your eidolon probably can't qualify for actually good feats you want, this isn't gamebreaking.